KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Movement Mortgage

Engaged Employer

Movement Mortgage

Add a Review

Movement Mortgage Employee Reviews about "processors"

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 25 of over 699 reviews

3.9
Movement Mortgage CEO Casey Crawford (no image)
Casey Crawford

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There is great culture there and also they leave you with that 'promise of tomorrow' feel.(in 79 reviews)
  • "I worked with some truly great people who worked towards the same goal of closing loans.(in 46 reviews)
  • "The benefits were great.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Movement Mortgage has great employees.(in 18 reviews)
  • "They have fantastic leadership and support(in 16 reviews)
Cons
  • "poor management, and micro(in 36 reviews)
  • "Compensation to the loan officer is below average and support staff has also expressed that pay is low.(in 31 reviews)
  • "They have a good model but it requires a lot of attention to detail and I think their middle managers have failed the company.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Pay is crap and training is horrible.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless as to how to manage.(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Movement Mortgage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "processors"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great Culture

Dec 28, 2018 - Branch Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast underwriting, great closing department, have been able to close deals in 15 days in NY that's super fast. LO's are treated unbelievable . Very positive atmosphere.

Cons

Need more experienced processors

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your positive feedback. So good to hear that you're benefiting from our unique and efficient process. Keep up the good work!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Community Oriented/good culture

Nov 16, 2017 - Loan Processor in Tempe, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

MM has a great group of people for most part. They give back to the communities as a company. Every company has quirks but I found the work place to be easy to work in

Cons

I left simply because it was becoming a entry level workplace with few seasoned Processors. I saw someone complaining that some had $12 hr pay and others $24. I say to them a seasoned and experienced Processor commands higher pay and that’s true “regardless” of Company. That’s just life. You can’t expect to come in with no experienced, take part of training provided and think you’ll be on higher pay scale Then go around office complaining and bringing moral down This is a common issue that goes on with a few inexperienced employees ( Processors) MM needs to shut these employees down as it was another reason some leave. This and other behaviors are common here by newer people. My advise to inexperienced people is “ take advantage of the training and experience you gain, one day you will be considered a seasoned Processor commanding a higher pay scale”

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your views and will work to keep negativity to a minimum. Good luck to you in the future.

3. 2.0
    Current Employee

Brand new shiny ops staff will kill this company and your relationships.

Aug 30, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is truly amazing.

Cons

There is a significant disconnect between what the CEO envisions and what happens at ground zero. Currently the biggest issue is that the rate of growth necessitates hiring underwriters/processors/closers in large batches. Because of the unique loan file flow, Movement likes to train its underwriters without the taint of previous experience at other lenders. This in conjunction with the speed of growth has resulted in neophyte operations staff that pads files with ridiculous conditions, and often adds new new conditions or even TD previously approved files due to a 2ND UNDERWRITE!!! Over the last two decades I've witnessed companies go through periods where files are underwritten twice and it is always a recipe for disaster. This will be no exception; do not make the mistake of accepting a position with this company until these issues have been resolved.

10 people found this review helpful

Project Manager

We are grateful for your feedback, as your observations and comments help us improve as a company. Keep sharing your voice, so we can grow together. Thanks, Lauren

4. 5.0

Movement of Change

Feb 21, 2017 - Loan Processor in Indian Land, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company loves people. They want nothing more than to see people succeed and they invest their own sweat and dollars into seeing progress in the lives and neighborhoods of those near them.

Cons

One of the toughest things is feeling like you're ready to pursue something greater within the company, at least as far as going from a processor to an underwriter, there's a minimum number of years required within processing... but I totally understand the purpose behind it. There are processors that are beyond qualified to make that move but they just don't have the amount of time invested in order to do so... Again, completely understandable though.

Project Manager

We are so grateful for your feedback! It's an honor to know you are an employee within our organization, spreading our intention of loving and valuing others. Please keep sharing your voice, you are important to the success of our organization. Thanks again!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Christ-Centered, Fun, Growing, and Unique Culture!!!

May 24, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Indian Land, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best parts about working for Movement is that they put God first. I love seeing scriptures on the walls throughout the building and I regularly use the Prayer Room. I like how Movement encourages and empowers employees to think outside of the box. This type of environment fosters professional growth and development of their employees. My manager makes me feel like my job truly makes a difference, and I find this to be very motivating. We have a lot of fun at the office! We had a puppy party one day, and tacos and margaritas for Cinco de Mayo! Friday morning meetings are very entertaining and they always serve us breakfast on those days. Movement also offers free fitness classes every morning and evening. Now, I don't have an excuse not to workout! Not only am I an employee, but I'm also a customer. My husband and I bought our first house together and used Movement for our home loan. Our Loan Officer was very knowledgeable and made the process feel smooth and easy.

Cons

Compensation should be re-evaluated for Processors/Closers. Even with overtime pay, it is not enough to provide for your family.

Recruitment Marketing

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. We are passionate about keeping our culture at the forefront of our company, and are so grateful you are a part of our team! As we continue to grow and develop, it is crucially important to listen to the comments and suggestions of our employees. Excited for what’s ahead. -Heather

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover

Apr 8, 2016 - Senior Loan Officer in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The past. That's about it.

Cons

The company is not what it appears. They talk a great game, but fail to deliver in so many other ways. All they are focused on now is growth without any regard to quality. Loan officers are expected to be behind their computer all of the time and do the work of the processors. The company has changed so much culturally in that they used to seem to care on an individual basis, but now it's all about how much publicity can they get for themselves. I gave the CEO a poor rating for this very thing. He used to preach how they give back to the community and don't look for any recognition. That view has now taken a 180 degree turn and now it's all about the recognition just so they can tout being the fastest growing company. Middle management is hit or miss. There seems to be some good ones, but there are also a lot of bad ones. Don't trust what you're being told if you're talking with them. They will wine and dine you, but ask yourself if that helps put money in your pocket. Definitely do your deep research and talk with as many people as you can including the ones that have left the company.

10 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I was a processor on one of the top producing teams

Mar 8, 2018 - Loan Processor in Fort Mill, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Their culture was great, everyone seemed to really like working there, at first they really cared about you as a person and had greasy work family balance

Cons

The sales teams were who guided everything. Most processors were assigned to certain LOs and if any mistakes were made it was ALWAYS the processors fault. Right after breaking ground on a new building they decided to lay off just under 100 people, some were due to their positions no longer being utilized, but some were based strictly on some LOs opinions which was completely biased.

5 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry you felt you bore the brunt of all mistakes. Good luck to you in the future.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Company

May 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely love the company culture! Staff and peers are very friendly. The company does a really good job making everyone feel valued. The work is fast paced, but if you are a detailed oriented individual, then you will thrive here! The company also does a very good job onboarding new associates. Training was 3 weeks long and very informative. Breakfast brought in every Friday! Fresh Fruit brought in once a week. The company has an awesome program called Love Works that helps associates in need. At Movement you are family! Hope to have a very long career!

Cons

The pay could be more competitive for Loan Processors. It would be nice to get a living cost adjustment.

Recruitment Marketing

We are grateful for your thorough feedback and incredibly thankful to have you on our team. We hope you know that we take employees’ suggestions seriously. Our Talent Development team is working hard to create leadership curriculum that accomplishes some of your ideas and provides ways to equip employees both personally and professionally. Your voice makes Movement an even better place. –Heather

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Loan Officer

Aug 12, 2018 - Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The discovery dinner was impressive

Cons

I fell for the wine and dine discovery tour and the shiny headquarters. I was a successful LO with another company and the market leader that recruited me never gave up with the 6-7-1 process. It sounds great but speed doesn't mean quality. Movement brags about hiring processors that haven't been in the industry to teach them their way. Instead of spending time generating more business I spent most of my time babysitting loans. I did my research before starting and heard about the high rates. The market leader advised that I would never lose a loan due to pricing. I lost over half of my referral sources because the pricing was so bad and their buyers weren't happy that they referred Movement. I was lucky enough that my previous employer took me back but this was a major setback in my career. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

6 people found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed and comprehensive review. Our unique process does require training and guidance by the LO, which may take time away from other duties. We are sorry Movement was not the right fit for you and wish you luck in the future.

10. 4.0

Great company - would be 5 stars if were as advertised

Sep 12, 2019 - Mortgage Loan Officer in Knoxville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Cares about others -Flexible work hours and location -Great training, support, and all-related to this -Great people - more solid and ethical people, easy to work with, than most companies. I don't think that's an accident.

Cons

-Religious integration and affiliation. -Most important: Little accountability. Underwriters, processors, and managers consistently fail on timeliness, reliability, and consistency. Loans, too often, don't close on time for preventable issues or arbitrary timing... leading to: -Movement's main "brand advertisement" is turnaround time and Continuous Improvement. While I saw the latter being utilized at corporate, it's unseen in my office. There are no checkpoints and accountability for the 6/7/1 deadlines related to this alleged "brand promise". While it's better in others, in this area, this company is little different than any other mortgage company operating sloppily. With this being their #1 differentiation and promise.... that it holds little truth never ceases to FLOOR me. I cannot, with confidence, market it because it will fail me, therefore my clients.

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Special Projects, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our promise to our borrowers to efficiently and effectively close their loans is a top priority and we realize the importance of following through on that promise. We will take steps to make sure that promise is fulfilled not only at the NSSC but throughout the country. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews