Moxie Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Atlanta, GA Area

4.1
Sean Reardon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free Beer Friday, Free Lunch Friday, Bring Your Dog to Work, Casual Work Environment (in 34 reviews)

• Great Benefits, free lunch Fridays, competitive pay, outside of the box thinking, teams were proactive, team building exercises were plentiful (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • We stay really busy, but I still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours, however not uncommon for agencies (in 14 reviews)

"Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, great benefits, you work with incredible people, dogs friendly office, Executives are easily accessible and transparent, lots of great events to show employee appreciation

Cons

Can be long hours depending on projects, but otherwise can't think of anything else

2. "The Midnight Meat Train from Hell"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company or it's owners

Cons

Vicious owners. Vicious hours. Vicious Human Resources. Vicious clients.

Advice to Management

Rethink everything you do, think and say cause you are all going to a dark hot place at some point

"Stay far away from this place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

strong resume builder, especially given primary client brand

Cons

everything else.

horrible place to work. malicious and inadequate leadership team. HR is a joke.

4. "Best agency in Atlanta, hands down!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time

Pros

- The people - this agency has the brightest and nicest employees. Everyone with whom I work are really collaborative and inclusive.
    - Great culture - this agency goes above and beyond to ensure Moxie is a fun place to work
    - Training programs for every level employee
    - Benefits are off the chain - especially the vacation policy and the health insurance
    - The work - we get to work on really progressive solutions to our clients challenges
    - DOGS!

Cons

We stay really busy, but I still have a work/life balance. At least I'm challenged everyday and feel like I'm always learning something new

"Recently accepted an offer"

Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Competitive pay
    Amazing PTO/holiday schedule (36 days!)
    Great benefits and office perks (like Coke freestyle machine, plus typical agency stuff)
    Fast interview process
    Got to ask a ton of questions
    All of my interviewers were prepared

Cons

Didn't get an office tour - should've asked
    There was a hiccup with one of my interviewers who missed the interview (or the change wasn't communicated)

Advice to Management

A lot of the negative reviews on here seem to revolve around one client. See what you can do to remedy the low score by incentivizing/asking employees in other business units to leave reviews.

6. "Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a fun environment to work in with real, hands-on, agency experience. The pay is great and interns are typically offered a position at the end of their term.

Cons

When you apply, you mark the areas you're interested in but they end up placing you in whatever department they think you fit best. Luckily, I liked where I ended up.

7. "Decent for Large Agency"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time

Pros

Large agency offers great perks (free lunch fridays, lots of PTO, great benefits) and resources (smart people, new technology and tools)

Cons

Pay is not always fair, expected to work long hours, not always clear path of mobility

"Great company with amazing benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Super smart people and in incredible client roster that is growing more and more diversified.
    Company benefits are better than anywhere I’ve ever worked, by a long shot.
    Outstanding advancement opportunity if you work hard and place value on the relationships formed there.
    Having worked at many agencies and on the client-side, I can honestly say I’ve never been happier. At Moxie, I’ve been afforded learning opportunities regularly, I have an open door to all managers when I need it (up the highest level), I have autonomy to get my job done and yet I still have the flexibility to take care of my family. What more can you ask for?

Cons

It’s an extremely fast-paced environment (which I enjoy) but isn’t for everyone. If you can’t keep up, this isn’t the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue working on transparency at all levels – great progress in the past year but always room for improvement. Also, be sure to recognize and listen to the middle layer (directors and such). These folks are on the ground day after day, working with both entry-level people and upper managers. They have very valuable input!

"Learn everything you can while you're there"

Former Employee - Media Planner in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Media Planner in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time at Moxie. I took advantage of all the connections I made and still do business with several colleagues I met while there. The environment can be a bit clique-ish, but it's easy to avoid. First, at the lunch and learn, don't sit next to the manager that says so and so got wasted last night and is wearing the same pants from yesterday. Or the Director that's having a temper tantrum because a partner didn't get him tickets to Music Midtown. Unfortunately, it's a keep your head down and your nose clean environment. But you will learn everything about digital marketing and be a rock star when you take your talent elsewhere.

Cons

In 2012, there were no cons to being gainfully employed in a recession.

Advice to Management

Be more appreciative of the talent. There are tons of people who are a lot smarter than you all.

"Such an amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Moxie is it's greatest asset. From HR to the Exec Committee, Moxie leadership makes a point to make the employees feel they are valued. I've never worked at a company where HR is so involved and proactive. It's refreshing. Work/Life balance is very important. Moxie is SO much more than an advertising agency-- it's technology, marketing, social, the future! The employees are very talented and lead by mangers who encourage growth and innovation. Employees are constantly recognized for their great work. It's a magical place to work with all of the growth and leadership and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for our amazing company!

Great events, communication, CLIENTS, technology and corporate benefits.

Cons

Moxie used to have a lukewarm reputation; however, that has really turned around. While the agency offers great educational opportunities and seminars, sometimes they are just so-so. More often than not, the education is great and we are really lucky to have a company who invests in the employees. I think depth in the topics could strengthen learnings.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum and make sure to listen to the mid-level employees for feedback.