Moxie Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sean Reardon

Pros
  • They have added great things like treat Tuesdays and Free Lunch Fridays that really make employees feel appreciated (in 34 reviews)

• Large agency offers great perks (free lunch fridays, lots of PTO, great benefits) and resources (smart people, new technology and tools) (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Top heavy management, long hours, no work life balance, get in where you fit in mentality (in 9 reviews)

• Pay is not always fair, expected to work long hours, not always clear path of mobility (in 12 reviews)

1. "Recently accepted an offer"

Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Competitive pay
    Amazing PTO/holiday schedule (36 days!)
    Great benefits and office perks (like Coke freestyle machine, plus typical agency stuff)
    Fast interview process
    Got to ask a ton of questions
    All of my interviewers were prepared

Cons

Didn't get an office tour - should've asked
    There was a hiccup with one of my interviewers who missed the interview (or the change wasn't communicated)

Advice to Management

A lot of the negative reviews on here seem to revolve around one client. See what you can do to remedy the low score by incentivizing/asking employees in other business units to leave reviews.

2. "Decent for Large Agency"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time

Cons

"Great company with amazing benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Super smart people and in incredible client roster that is growing more and more diversified.
    Company benefits are better than anywhere I’ve ever worked, by a long shot.
    Outstanding advancement opportunity if you work hard and place value on the relationships formed there.
    Having worked at many agencies and on the client-side, I can honestly say I’ve never been happier. At Moxie, I’ve been afforded learning opportunities regularly, I have an open door to all managers when I need it (up the highest level), I have autonomy to get my job done and yet I still have the flexibility to take care of my family. What more can you ask for?

Cons

It’s an extremely fast-paced environment (which I enjoy) but isn’t for everyone. If you can’t keep up, this isn’t the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue working on transparency at all levels – great progress in the past year but always room for improvement. Also, be sure to recognize and listen to the middle layer (directors and such). These folks are on the ground day after day, working with both entry-level people and upper managers. They have very valuable input!

"Learn everything you can while you're there"

Former Employee - Media Planner in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Media Planner in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time at Moxie. I took advantage of all the connections I made and still do business with several colleagues I met while there. The environment can be a bit clique-ish, but it's easy to avoid. First, at the lunch and learn, don't sit next to the manager that says so and so got wasted last night and is wearing the same pants from yesterday. Or the Director that's having a temper tantrum because a partner didn't get him tickets to Music Midtown. Unfortunately, it's a keep your head down and your nose clean environment. But you will learn everything about digital marketing and be a rock star when you take your talent elsewhere.

Cons

In 2012, there were no cons to being gainfully employed in a recession.

Advice to Management

Be more appreciative of the talent. There are tons of people who are a lot smarter than you all.

"Such an amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Moxie is it's greatest asset. From HR to the Exec Committee, Moxie leadership makes a point to make the employees feel they are valued. I've never worked at a company where HR is so involved and proactive. It's refreshing. Work/Life balance is very important. Moxie is SO much more than an advertising agency-- it's technology, marketing, social, the future! The employees are very talented and lead by mangers who encourage growth and innovation. Employees are constantly recognized for their great work. It's a magical place to work with all of the growth and leadership and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for our amazing company!

Great events, communication, CLIENTS, technology and corporate benefits.

Cons

Moxie used to have a lukewarm reputation; however, that has really turned around. While the agency offers great educational opportunities and seminars, sometimes they are just so-so. More often than not, the education is great and we are really lucky to have a company who invests in the employees. I think depth in the topics could strengthen learnings.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum and make sure to listen to the mid-level employees for feedback.

"This is not what you want"

Former Employee - PMO Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - PMO Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, free lunch Fridays, competitive pay, outside of the box thinking, teams were proactive, team building exercises were plentiful

Cons

Fast turnover, upward mobility occurs to fast, clickish environment. Top heavy management, long hours, no work life balance, get in where you fit in mentality

Advice to Management

Pay attention all of your employees. Mentoring for all from upper management, cross functional team learning, respect each other

"A great starter company to experience agency life"

Former Employee - Digital Designer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Digital Designer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Moxie (More than a year)

Pros

My review is for Engauge, currently Moxie.

This was a fantastic opportunity to experience the ad life right after school. This is a small office, but I did not work with people here; I worked with family. This is a great place to develop design skills for the advertising market. Plus the city is fantastic; I really miss everyone there.

Cons

They still need more clients that require 360º campaigns. There was a lack of agency drive to look for the clients that require advertising. I feel we focused too much on design media (packaging, print, etc) and social media.

Advice to Management

You were all fantastic and really cared for the employees.

9. "Great people, culture and benefits/perks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There are a lot of talented people who work here. Agency-wide, there's an active/successful effort to integrate thinking and strategies across disciplines. The work is challenging and diverse -- at least in my area -- and folks come together to get sh*t done. Benefits are great. Medical/dental/vision, etc. plus tons of time off (if you're able to take it), free lunch on Friday's, beer/wine on Friday's, lots of training/education available and just a great and supportive culture overall.

Cons

There are a few folks who don't pull their weight and (this is just how it is at agencies) a hearty selection of people with oversized egos. Taking time off can be impossible (again, that's agency life) and the organization can be a little too "top-heavy" at times. That may be shifting, though, as the new CEO Sean Reardon continues to get his bearings and implement new positioning, structural changes, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, though even more support, listening and transparency are always welcome.

"Wish I Never Worked here!"

Former Employee - Media in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Media in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

they offer stupid perks like free lunch to distract you from the real things you should care about in benefits and work-life balance

Cons

ZERO work-life balance. I left this place because I never stopped working, and for peanuts! They know it, so in your interview they'll challenge you to think about keeping up with the pace of their awesome-ness- when in reality they're just trying to bill more to clients through hours. I left the company for a higher paying position, jumped my pay 25k. Then, got recruited for a different position, jumped another 25k with second calling. In the amount of time I left, taking the second company's offer, I make 6 figures - having doubled my original Moxie salary. In the 4 years I spend at Moxie, I know I'd never see such money staying, being loyal - helping them with turnover issues and all that, for what?!

You're expected to work on days you take off with your Flex and Vacation pay. You're expected to work on Holidays and weekend when the company is closed, you know - because advertisements save lives. You're tied to the phone they provided you, maintaining varied correspondence like you're on-call 24/7.

Health plan changes from corporate are drastic from 2015 to 2016, as many expected. Deductible more than doubled, covered provides and services changes drastically. However, they convince you to join the Flex HSA - guess what happens is if you leave the company! All the money you put in is lost if you didn't spend it already. Ridiculous, if you put your money aside, it shouldn't matter if you exit your employment, it is STILL YOUR MONEY!

Advice to Management

GET OVER YOURSELVES! Walking around like you're the most important things on the planet with your priority on overbiling and financal documetns to Zenith!
    Act like you understand all of this is about service and betterment of people and the client's wellbeing (all those companies that fund you) that build the economy and this great nation.

"Great Company but Lack of Good Leaders & Terrible Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

1. Great company culture - people celebrate each other's professional and personal achievements, provide new learning opportunities (ie. public speaking skills), and the perks are great (free lunch Fridays, fully stocked beverage fridge, etc.) 2. High-profile clients which look great on your resume and exposes you to working with different types of people 3. Coworkers become like family because of how close you are with them

Cons

1. Management - either they are too controlling and micromanage or they are too hands off, creating inconsistencies with management styles and team work flow. Inappropriate lashing out on employees via emails and in-person encounters create a hostile work environment. Heard there were emails that contained this type of "evidence" but HR did not act on it for obvious reasons (losing their best talents understandably.) 2. HR itself - terrible in following up and lack of accountability for employee's dissatisfaction. 3. Work-life-balance is TERRIBLE. Again, this is a great place to get opportunities to grow but don't be fooled by the mentality that this is such part of the industry. Compensation is low to begin with and one should never feel guilty for wanting to take time off or leave early. Of course, putting your work first is a priority but never sacrifice your life for a job where the reward and recognition is low. 4. Potential instability of company outlook - they claim it's not performance based but some accounts are under review.

Advice to Management

Do not bring your emotions to the workplace, set aside the differences and listen to your employees. Be true professionals.