Moxie Reviews | Glassdoor

Moxie Reviews

Updated July 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free Beer Friday, Free Lunch Friday, Bring Your Dog to Work, Casual Work Environment (in 34 reviews)

• Great Benefits, free lunch Fridays, competitive pay, outside of the box thinking, teams were proactive, team building exercises were plentiful (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • We stay really busy, but I still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours during 4th quarter - but the hours were not that bad (in 14 reviews)

1. "Decent Atmosphere and Culture"

I worked at Moxie full-time

Pros

Lots of cool things to play with and after-work activities

Cons

Long hours. Clients can be a little demanding.

2. "Great - if you like being stepped on"

Pros

Free lunch Friday, Free snacks, Soda machine, Campus Atmosphere, Technology to play with, clubs, activities. Beer Friday's. When you leave you will get paid better and promotions

Cons

Cliquish. Long hours are a must. Full time is 45 hours and even then you'll be expected of more. There is always club/networking/ activities offered but you'll be too busy or too tired to actually attend any of it. Management does not listen to its employees as top management is running the show with no idea of the day to day. Only some departments have room for growth after years of burning you out. Training was non-existent except for when it comes to things that really don't create value in the workplace. Management valued puppets over those who actually "get it" and did the work to bring growth to the team. Management also keeps it eggs in one basket which controls you and will not have your back to its bullying. Management's has a "Over-promise and figure it out later" mentality at the cost of employees and leave the ones who are doing the work to figure it out

Advice to Management

Be transparent. Actually listen to employees. Add more diversity. Give credit to those who put in the work. Add more incentives. Stop getting Hr to try to review the company to make it seem like it's better than what it really is.

"Poor Finance Management"

Pros

Great colleagues with good hearts who are fun

Cons

Finance leadership fears people with talent and skills

4. "Cool office / mediocre project quality"

I have been working at Moxie full-time

Pros

Very flexible schedule. Great work life balance. Can bring dogs to the office. Good benefits.

Cons

Quality of projects is mediocre, not very fulfilling. Company talks about next gen tech but there is not much to show for it. Agency jobs are risky, 1 client keeps the lights on. Potentially long work hours.

5. "Decent for Large Agency"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time

Pros

Large agency offers great perks (free lunch fridays, lots of PTO, great benefits) and resources (smart people, new technology and tools)

Cons

Pay is not always fair, expected to work long hours, not always clear path of mobility

"The Perks almost Outweigh the Chaos"

Pros

- Dogs
    - Incredible health benefits, PTO, community events, Moxie Mayhem
    - Huge network
    - Fun atmosphere

Cons

- Agency lifestyle - if you leave work "on time", even if you're finished, you are seen as a slacker
    - Late nights and weekends are a given
    - You get placed on a team and generally don't get to branch out from there. Work can get stale fast.
    - LOTS of RFP and spec work.

"Great company with amazing benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Super smart people and in incredible client roster that is growing more and more diversified.
    Company benefits are better than anywhere I’ve ever worked, by a long shot.
    Outstanding advancement opportunity if you work hard and place value on the relationships formed there.
    Having worked at many agencies and on the client-side, I can honestly say I’ve never been happier. At Moxie, I’ve been afforded learning opportunities regularly, I have an open door to all managers when I need it (up the highest level), I have autonomy to get my job done and yet I still have the flexibility to take care of my family. What more can you ask for?

Cons

It’s an extremely fast-paced environment (which I enjoy) but isn’t for everyone. If you can’t keep up, this isn’t the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue working on transparency at all levels – great progress in the past year but always room for improvement. Also, be sure to recognize and listen to the middle layer (directors and such). These folks are on the ground day after day, working with both entry-level people and upper managers. They have very valuable input!

"Learn everything you can while you're there"

Former Employee - Media Planner in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Media Planner in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my time at Moxie. I took advantage of all the connections I made and still do business with several colleagues I met while there. The environment can be a bit clique-ish, but it's easy to avoid. First, at the lunch and learn, don't sit next to the manager that says so and so got wasted last night and is wearing the same pants from yesterday. Or the Director that's having a temper tantrum because a partner didn't get him tickets to Music Midtown. Unfortunately, it's a keep your head down and your nose clean environment. But you will learn everything about digital marketing and be a rock star when you take your talent elsewhere.

Cons

In 2012, there were no cons to being gainfully employed in a recession.

Advice to Management

Be more appreciative of the talent. There are tons of people who are a lot smarter than you all.

"Such an amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Moxie is it's greatest asset. From HR to the Exec Committee, Moxie leadership makes a point to make the employees feel they are valued. I've never worked at a company where HR is so involved and proactive. It's refreshing. Work/Life balance is very important. Moxie is SO much more than an advertising agency-- it's technology, marketing, social, the future! The employees are very talented and lead by mangers who encourage growth and innovation. Employees are constantly recognized for their great work. It's a magical place to work with all of the growth and leadership and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for our amazing company!

Great events, communication, CLIENTS, technology and corporate benefits.

Cons

Moxie used to have a lukewarm reputation; however, that has really turned around. While the agency offers great educational opportunities and seminars, sometimes they are just so-so. More often than not, the education is great and we are really lucky to have a company who invests in the employees. I think depth in the topics could strengthen learnings.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum and make sure to listen to the mid-level employees for feedback.

"Caveat Emptor"

I worked at Moxie full-time

Pros

Moxie is like a family.

Cons

Chances are, you're the red-headed stepchild.

Advice to Management

If you've ever dreamed of revisiting junior high, and indulging in divisive, exclusionary behavior, this just might be the company for you!

That's right folks - the authentic 8th grade experience, replete with frat-boy wannabes, busted erstwhile debutantes desperately clinging to that prom-queen tiara from 2004, and ridiculous pep rally when Le Grand Fromage rolls into town.

The PTO is an obvious plus, but the rest of the benefits aren't anything special, unless you put a high value on getting trough-fed lukewarm Golden Corral-quality buffet food once a week, washed down with a fridge full of "craft" beers and alco-pop swill. They also switched insurance providers, and the health coverage has gotten noticeably worse as a result.

I realize it's cliched to say HR is godawful, but yeah... HR is godawful. Good luck getting them to do anything more arduous than putting up balloons and streamers on Cinco de Mayo.

The good news is that the client whose teat they ravenously suckle at seems to be oblivious to the fact that they're getting ripped off; management even shamelessly encourages everyone to bill hours when they're not working. It's going to get ugly when said client shutters the milk bar, but Carpe Per Diem, amirite?