Moxie Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"campaign manager"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-They teach you an amazing skill set
    -The opportunity is great
    -Everybody is very helpful, answers every question, and willing to go out of their way to help you
    -Team oriented environment
    -Many valuable resources nationwide willing to help coach/train

Cons

It's a lot of work, but it's worth it in the end. It's a management training program, so they can't just hand you the title of management on a silver platter, you have to work for it and gain a skill set in the field that will help you become a great manager. With that being said, not everybody is meant for the position because they have to be willing to put their head down and learn everything.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, Morgan!

"Campaign Manager"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX

I worked at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were absolutely no pros

Cons

Everything about this company was a scam, pyramid scheme to the max. I am so glad I was able to get out of the company while I could before they shut down completely.

"Marketing Intern"

Pros

Breaks you out of your shell. You get thrown in front of random people all day so you have no choice but to step out of your comfort zone to make money.

Cons

Borderline impossible to make any money unless you get placed in the 2 good stores they are partnered with. Boss expects you to put the company above literally everything in your life and will not be understanding if you cant attend something they throw at you last minute.

Advice to Management

Find a way to decrease turnover in order to improve company morale.

"SCAM - STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Pros

None. Stay far, far away.

Cons

Event Planner? No. Not even in the least.

Advice to Management

Don't blast the job postings on every job site available, trying to prey on innocent job-seekers. They will fall for your tactics, and in-turn, you will have high turnover and non-interested and disengaged employees.

"Campaign Manager"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet a lot of good uplifting people with similar dreams

Cons

POLITICS!! If you don't act how they want you to act and make the sales they need then you are automatically not doing your job correctly and they pick on you until you've had enough. The job is NEVER ENDING. You go into the office from 7am ( but be super early or you'll be taken for a slacker) until about 9:30am giving you enough time to drive to Sams Club/Costco you are assigned to, 10 am - 7pm you are at the store selling ("marketing") products, afterwards you have to call your manager and explain how your day was and your production then you have to study on how to be better the next day. You also have daily breakfast and dinners to engage with other employees, exchange tips on how to be the best sales person, etc. they tell you within 6months-1yr you will be your own business owner but its not likely that that would happen. I busted my butt for that job and didn't get anywhere except them constantly telling me I needed to change who i was and make sales

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees needs and what's important to them. Just because family isn't important to you, telling them that focusing on their family isn't going to get them sales is not what you should do.

"This Company is a Scam to Get Warm Bodies to Sell Garbage at Costco & Sam's Clubs"

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in Arlington, TX

I worked at Moxie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They fill up your heads with "you will be in management very very soon," and do you think you can work an entry level position with the hopes of making $75,000-$100,000 to manage 20-30 sales people? It sounds exciting...but wait for the Cons.

Cons

They are liars. They entice you with the hopes of a 6 figure income and management but then work you to death with no advancement.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and expecting that people can't look up your poor reviews.

"Scam"

I worked at Moxie full-time

Pros

It's a very easy job. You just sell different products to people at sams

Cons

Waste of time. There is only one position $8 plus commission on items you sell at sams. It's entry sales position not very a college graduated. Hiring manager lies in the beginning about it being a salary poisition.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to people

Moxie Response

Nov 29, 2016 – Owner

We are sorry to hear that you do not share the same passion for our clients that we do. We are very proud of the tangible results that we have produced for these clients and the relationships we keep... More

"Door to door coupon book sales and direct tv sales...NOT marketing!"

Former Employee - Event Account Coordinator in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Event Account Coordinator in Arlington, TX

I worked at Moxie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loud Michael Bay movies play in the lobby while you wait for an interview. Don't have to act professional, they just want bodies through the door.

Cons

Door to door sales disguised as "marketing", everyone asks for a separate copy of your résumé and no one ever keeps them, even though résumés get to be expensive if you give them out like candy, like this scam expects you to. I gave them 5 résumés during my short interview with them. You go door to door, which is dangerous to do if you're expected to do this alone. They don't reimburse you for gas spent selling the books. You work at Sam's club and Costco every Saturday, no exceptions selling direct tv, no exceptions.They went by "Impact events" when I interviewed with them, in this same building years ago. Awful experience!

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront about what this is, don't try to act like this is a marketing firm, stop using deceptive job descriptions. Don't ask for a "minimum" bachelors degree for this, it's insulting. Your receptionist needs to be more professional and forward résumés over to the interviewer, not just chuck them in the waste basket, only to have the interviewer ask me for yet another one. Also ask her/him not play ridiculously loud movies and music in the lobby. It makes your company look more scammy than what it already is.

Moxie Response

Nov 29, 2016 – Owner

I apologize, but I think you may have us confused with another company. We do not do any door to door sales. We also do not work with Direct TV or coupon books. We also do not watch movies, and I am... More

"Sales"

I worked at Moxie part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice and friendly. Sales people are really outgoing obviously, so outside of work we can have a good time.

Cons

Do not waste your time. If you are not interested in sales, this is not for you. Plus the salary is miserable. They sell dream about territory management but the reality is quite different

Advice to Management

Stop sending emails to overqualified people, please put some respect on Bachelors, Masters, and MBAs. We did not take a student loan to do sales and get paid $7. Are you kidding me?

"Misled"

Pros

Learned how to take rejection.

Cons

Its a Scam. They mislead you with information about the job in the interview. You have to work 50-60 hours a week and the pay is not even worth it. Pretty much working at mcdonalds. You have to drive to across town to a sams club evey day, kills your gas tank. They tell you your pay checks will be 1000-1200, yeah you don't even be seeing close to that. Rather just work a 9-5. They say in 6 monthes you will own your own company and make six figures. Well if it was that easy wouldn't everybody doing it?

Advice to Management

Quit misleading people and be straight forward with them.