Mr. Jim's Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 15, 2017

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Insider in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Insider in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Mr. Jim's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a small work environment out of the sun. It's super easy to get a job, I just turned in my application and they told me they'd call me for training in a few days. I never even had to do an interview. So far, almost all of my coworkers have been friendly, and my bosses know what they're doing and do it well. Also, it's a fairly easy job about 90% of the time. It can get difficult when you get a big rush, though.

Cons

You only get minimum wage. It gets up to around 85 degrees inside the store during the summer, and possibly hotter if it is really busy and we have to turn the bottom oven on. Be prepared to sweat on busy days, and make sure you bring bottles of water to keep in the refrigerator.

Advice to Management

More pay = Better productivity and happier workers. I've only been at Mr. Jim's for a couple of months, and since I've been here, all of the insiders that were there before me have quit. We've had to almost constantly be training new employees, which wastes both time and money. If you paid your employees a couple dollars more per hour, perhaps you would get more employee retention, and maybe the employees would be more inclined to work harder.

2. "Try a bigger company.."

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Arlington, TX

I worked at Mr. Jim's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made good friends, down time is sometimes enjoyable, free pizza, tips are great, 25 percent off orders for yourself

Cons

sometimes tips aren't great so you are stuck with a $6/hr wage, working with younger people in their teens so they aren't reliable, you sometimes don't get the hours that you want, wear and tear on your car (best if you have a newer car, reliable car that doesn't use a lot of miles to the gallon), don't always get the day you want off despite requesting it weeks in advance

Advice to Management

have incentives for employment, turnover rate is too high and it's frustrating trying to get a day off and you can't because you are short staffed despite having requested the day off in advance

3. "Former Employee"

Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Very Flexible with Schedule.
    Great customer serice.
    Great product.

Cons

A lot of competition makes for pricing wars. Customer loyalty is strained.

Advice to Management

Always stay on top of current trends.

5. "Good, but can be difficult."

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Mr. Jim's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly, always willing to help out at work and switch hours if needed.

Cons

Not enough workers during busy hours.

Advice to Management

Employees are people too, keep it professional and it is NEVER okay to cuss out workers.

6. "It's not good, it's not bad."

Current Employee - Cook in Stephenville, TX
    Current Employee - Cook in Stephenville, TX

Pros

Flexible for college students, discounts on food, fun crew to work with.

Cons

Not very Busy, not a lot of room for advancement or raises.

Advice to Management

advertise so we make more money!!

7. "If you don't mind the degrading status, and the ability to support only yourself - it's just a job."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager/Driver in North Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager/Driver in North Richland Hills, TX

Pros

Working at Mr. Jim's affords me the time to pursue truer forms of wealth, to do the fulfilling things in life. Any job, if it be called a job, is just that - it is an antithesis to the pursuit of happiness. The pursuit of life. Any man who can afford to sustain himself and his happiness, is for all intents and purposes, wealthy. Mr. Jim's is a low responsibility, laid back, easy to attain job.

Cons

And since it is a job, it is not a career. It is socially frowned upon, and sometimes demeaning - especially in comparison to friends, family, or anyone else. The truly inhumane thing about working there is the usual demographic for employees at a food service business leaves a lot to be desired. As a consequence the turnover rate, and the security of workplace relationships, is negatively affected.

Advice to Management

The management only consists of the business owner, the franchisee, himself. If I was to say anything to him it would be to trust your employees and respect their opinion. Any management who thinks, automatically, that the managed in question are dumb or incapable will breed dumb and incapable employees - for the most part.

8. "Delivery"

Pros

Loved the tips , essy job

Cons

Sometimes it gets slow at work

Advice to Management

I had great management

9. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Mr. Jim's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not micro managers at all. they allow each franchisees a lot of freedom to explore new possibilities as well as come up with their own marketing plans.

Cons

Website absolutely sucks. A lot of costumers complain that it is not intuitive and that no order can be made as a guest. No support to increase sales. Some consulting would be appreciated when it is obvious that a location has flat or even decreasing sales.

Advice to Management

Involve all franchises in the decision making process and not just the board. Some of the franchisees do not have the time to join the board and get cut from the decision making or penalized.

10. "Good"

Pros

Good job, friendly crew and environment

Cons

Can be disorganized at times