Mspark Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Steven M. Mitzel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, great product, great process (in 4 reviews)

• In addition to all of that, it is a FUN place to work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There are quite a few gossipy people in Account Services that are constantly trying to cause issues among team members and management (in 5 reviews)

• Poor management and HR that condones bullying in the workplace by management (in 3 reviews)

1. "MailSouth"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Daphne, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Daphne, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For someone who loves a challenge, doesn't like sitting in a cubicle, enjoys assisting business owners with growing their YOY revenue and meeting new people this is the place to be for a sales position. You are not a number here and you will be heard. Flexible hours allows you to work and spend time with family when needed. You will be provided with many sales tools from the marketing department, computer, Car and cell phone allowance is provided.

Cons

Not always a 40 hour week. It is a lot of work but it can pay off if you are the right person and have desire/passion. Limited territory.

2. "Potentially great place to work."

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of PTO up front. Great coworkers and fun activities. Location puts you travelling in opposite direction of heavy downtown traffic commuters.

Cons

Account Services is underappreciated. Reps are constantly rewarded for meeting their goals, on the backs of AS, who are busting their tails with no incentive compensation.
    You will be very happy here if you are one of the Sr Mgt. favorites. STRONG favoritism shown to certain employees, even to the point that those (thankfully, very few) employees run rough shot over their peers. Not out of control right now, but could be very soon.

Advice to Management

This could be a great place to work, but PLEASE treat everyone fairly. AS works REALLY hard and deserves some recognition and compensation.

3. "Good company"

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great product, great process!

Cons

Too many changes in management, too many changes in comp plan, too many changes in general.

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Mspark is much like working at a start-up but with the infrastructure of a well-established company. The culture is collaborative and fun, but we work hard to accomplish the goals of the organization. A lot has been done to align the goals of all departments with the company's goals, so that we're all moving in the same direction. We have fantastic talent and a lot of smart people making great things happen. The senior leadership team has the right vision, the right passion, and is actively listening to the customers and employees to move our company in the right direction. And while I've only been here a short time, I love it so much that this is my 2nd time to work here. I came back recently and love the company even more the second time around.

Cons

The train tracks. We've all gotten stuck at the train tracks so many times.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to the future!

"A Great Company with a Great Culture"

I have been working at Mspark full-time

Pros

I have worked at several companies where "Company Values" were nothing more than a poster on the wall and a page on the website. One of the great things about working here is that company employees at all levels strive to live by our Mspark values on a daily basis.

Our values have helped to establish a culture of mutual respect, open communication, strong team spirit, and recognition for hard work. In addition to all of that, it is a FUN place to work. There is a concerted effort to foster this culture, and to find new and creative ways to make that happen.

Cons

One of the downsides used to be that there were not many options for places to eat lunch or run errands during lunch. As this area continues to experience retail growth, that is quickly fading as a con for Mspark.

Advice to Management

Please continue what you are doing.

6. "Sales"

I worked at Mspark full-time

Pros

Great Company. Family oriented. Excellent benefits and pay

Cons

There are no negatives. You get out of the company what you put in to it.

"Former Employee"

I worked at Mspark full-time

Pros

Great talent and culture, the company is like one big family. Management keeps everyone informed of company's progress throughout the year in the form of quarterly Town Hall Meetings and corporate communications via email.

Cons

High turnover in Sales and now Management. Very small merit annual salary increase from 2-4%.

Advice to Management

Make reasonable goals and quotas for Sales Reps so a bad month will not affect jobs supporting sales.

8. "Account Executive"

Pros

Flexibility of a home office and working in the field

Cons

Poor management and HR that condones bullying in the workplace by management.

9. "Art Director"

I have been working at Mspark full-time

Pros

Mspark is truly a unique company in the way that it cares for its employees and provides a family atmosphere. Although everyone has a different role or department they work in, and there is a large number of employees, social events and quarterly meetings help us to keep a tight knit group. I value the friendships I've made while working at Mspark and am proud to be a part of such a friendly and supportive culture.

Cons

Location is not ideal if you are used to being able to quickly access the city of Birmingham.

"Account Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great number of fantastic people that work there. There is always humor and freedom to decompress without being accountable for every second at work. They have connection times with company-wide events and unique recognition for milestones in place. They really want the core values to be rooted in the organization. I admire Steve Mitzel greatly and wish him all the best in his success.

Cons

Account Services seems to have some major issues with structure and realistic projections. They went through a massive company-wide overhaul 4th qtr 2015-1st qtr 2016 and created way too many new positions without a buffer of any revenue decline. Instead of evaluating the quality of individuals and addressing communication flaws to enhance the environment, they prefer to make assumptions. There are click-y groups that cater to deflecting their negativity onto others and created drama with no accountability. Maturity seems a little scarce with conflict resolution and they do not nurture team effort, even though they preach it continually. Managers/Director would prefer to take sides, make assumptions, and direct you ignore it instead of find the true root of problems. In essence: be a suck up, keep your prior experience to yourself, and do a mediocre job and you should be safe from the massive layoffs that have been happening the last few months.

Advice to Management

Have more integrity to mean what you say. Words mean nothing if you have a bias attitude before you get to know anyone on a more personal level. Rudeness and sarcasm tends to be accepted and normal.