Mspark Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven M. Mitzel

Pros
  • A super break room to gather for snack or lunch and catch a little tv (in 3 reviews)

• Work from home, flexible schedule (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Account Services seems to have some major issues with structure and realistic projections (in 4 reviews)

• Poor management and HR that condones bullying in the workplace by management (in 3 reviews)

"Great Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mspark is a great place to work. The culture is very employee-oriented. The people all work hard, but are very committed to doing a great job.

Cons

I am unable to list any cons. It's a great place to work.

2. "I really enjoy working at Mspark. It's a good place."

Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist (CES) in Helena, AL
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist (CES) in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work. There's a laid back office environment, very loose dress code, and nice people. The company truly wants its employees to do well and be successful. Also they offer about 16 days of vacation for new hires. The benefits are good. Often young people can start their careers here and gain great experience. People who are willing to work hard and have a positive attitude seem to do very well in this company. There's a gym onsite and a nice break room for lunch.

Cons

Turnover can be high. Mspark can be difficult for people who do not like to work hard or who are also not able to adapt to the changes that come along. There are changes to the day-to-day procedures (as with many companies) and you have to be able to evolve with the company. This can be difficult at times but certainly not something that is impossible to handle.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see Mspark add higher caliber employees. Turnover is high, but I believe that might be able to be minimized by hiring better quality people and providing sufficient compensation levels to keep them wanting to advance.

"Happy at Mspark"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Never a dull moment - good changes are happening this year at the company. Great leaders in place, great new employees in place. It has become a happier place to work, smiles and greetings in the hallways.
    Dress is casual so everyone can be their own individual style.
    People care around here. Always celebrating babies and weddings. Folks pitch in for troubled times too. Company is always throwing Halloween parties, picnics, ice cream treats our way.
    Mspark provides a great gym for employees. A super break room to gather for snack or lunch and catch a little tv.
    The benefits are the best around too. Top of line BC/BS insurance, 401K match, Telladoc, lots of vacation time, and many more.

Cons

I have a manager that excels in personal growth. They challenge me to think outside the box, solve problems, organize and stay sane when things go wrong. They want me to learn from my mistakes.
    Company values are strong with integrity, honesty, be inspired, quality.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to learn more about the employees - sit with them, observe and meet with us more often.

"Great company ignore the naysayers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for! Please do not let the negative comments sway your opinion. All of the kindergarten and poor management comments are from quite a while back and have been addressed. I have been with this company for numerous years and have seen many changes in the way the company has grown as well as changes in staffing and management. One thing is for certain upper management will do all they can to ensure the happiness of their employees.

Cons

There is always a deadline if you do not like a constantly busy day this is not the place for you.

6. "Great company - great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

atmosphere, family friendly, fitness facility

Cons

average pay, lack of personal development opportunities

"regional account executive"

I have been working at Mspark full-time

Pros

This company provides tremendous support for their staff. You will always know you sre taken care of, as are your clients.

Cons

At times, being a remote sales person can make things move more slowly than if you are in a staffed office.

Advice to Management

More sales time

"Mspark formerly MailSouth"

Current Employee - Plant Technician- Line Supervisor in Moody, AL
    Current Employee - Plant Technician- Line Supervisor in Moody, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with this company for over 10 years. They were leaniant and understanding while I was in college and I now have a top position in my plant.

Cons

Production periods last about nine days. Lots of hours and overtime. After that it's 4 days a week.

9. "Art Director"

I have been working at Mspark full-time

Pros

Mspark is truly a unique company in the way that it cares for its employees and provides a family atmosphere. Although everyone has a different role or department they work in, and there is a large number of employees, social events and quarterly meetings help us to keep a tight knit group. I value the friendships I've made while working at Mspark and am proud to be a part of such a friendly and supportive culture.

Cons

Location is not ideal if you are used to being able to quickly access the city of Birmingham.

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Mspark is much like working at a start-up but with the infrastructure of a well-established company. The culture is collaborative and fun, but we work hard to accomplish the goals of the organization. A lot has been done to align the goals of all departments with the company's goals, so that we're all moving in the same direction. We have fantastic talent and a lot of smart people making great things happen. The senior leadership team has the right vision, the right passion, and is actively listening to the customers and employees to move our company in the right direction. And while I've only been here a short time, I love it so much that this is my 2nd time to work here. I came back recently and love the company even more the second time around.

Cons

The train tracks. We've all gotten stuck at the train tracks so many times.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to the future!

11. "A Great Company with a Great Culture"

I have been working at Mspark full-time

Pros

I have worked at several companies where "Company Values" were nothing more than a poster on the wall and a page on the website. One of the great things about working here is that company employees at all levels strive to live by our Mspark values on a daily basis.

Our values have helped to establish a culture of mutual respect, open communication, strong team spirit, and recognition for hard work. In addition to all of that, it is a FUN place to work. There is a concerted effort to foster this culture, and to find new and creative ways to make that happen.

Cons

One of the downsides used to be that there were not many options for places to eat lunch or run errands during lunch. As this area continues to experience retail growth, that is quickly fading as a con for Mspark.

Advice to Management

Please continue what you are doing.