Mspark Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Steven M. Mitzel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, great product, great process (in 6 reviews)

• what a great place to maximize your potential and really make an impact (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There are quite a few gossipy people in Account Services that are constantly trying to cause issues among team members and management (in 5 reviews)

• Poor management and HR that condones bullying in the workplace by management (in 3 reviews)

1. "First Rate Company!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working here and I feel blessed to be in my role. They really put people first and make you feel like part of the family, from CEO down.

Cons

We move a little slow sometimes but that could be a pro as well as a con.

Advice to Management

Keep us rolling!

2. "Local Account Executive"

Current Employee - Local Account Executive
    Current Employee - Local Account Executive

I have been working at Mspark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent team atmosphere. Fun energetic co-workers. Mspark has an excellent training program that they invest a lot or time, energy and capital into to make sure there staff is all on the same page. They also invest heavily into their product equipping the company with a superior product makes it easy for team to take pride in their work, and it shows. Good salary and benefits, including a sales trip to Cancun for the work in 2017.

Cons

I am sure there are some, but I have not run into any yet, My management team has been great!

Advice to Management

Keep it going, keep the focus that has been working.

Dec 15, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Our Sales Development team is second to none. They have not only created a fantastic sales onboarding training plan, but do a great job with ongoing training as well. Mspark wants our sales... More

3. "Nice to represent quality while Delivering Results to customer. Tangible, Custom Advertising."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Waco, TX

I have been working at Mspark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technology- Tools - Client Centric - geographically and demographically the best cost per thousand and a tangible product line. Custom quotes

Cons

You can expect to utilize Skype and stay connected. Not a con. Unless you are camera shy. No reals cons my first 90 days.

Dec 15, 2017 – Director of Marketing

We're glad your first 90 days have been positive. And we do love our Skype. How else can we stay connected to our outside sales reps? Keep up the good work!

4. "Great place"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Just like everywhere in the sales business, Mspark isn't for everyone. But, if you have the determination and existing skill set to work from home every day, it's really easy to be successful here. GREAT products, excellent management staff, plenty of support, decent pay, good insurance.

Cons

If you don't know how to work from home, or if you find it difficult to motivate yourself every day - Mspark probably isn't the best fit for you.

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Mspark's products are great because they deliver savings to rural consumers month in and month out. Our sales team has the utmost respect from our corporate office. They are the driving force behind... More

5. "Sales Executive"

I have been working at Mspark full-time

Pros

Mspark has allowed me to grow professionally. Its sales development training is 2nd to none and has provided me the tools and the confidence to be successful within my current territory. I have sold similar products in the past, however, after only a couple of years at Mspark, it has allowed me to grow my annual commissions by over 35%, and better yet, my clients are seeing better results as well!

Cons

No cons - I really love it at Mspark

Advice to Management

We're moving fast and I like it! No advice other than keep on what you're doing!

Dec 15, 2017 – Director of Marketing

We love the enthusiasm! Keep up the good work!

6. "Mspark - Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Mspark in sales for over 2 years. I have found my "work-home". The people are great, the company has a family atmosphere, simply a fantastic place to work

Cons

None really, opportunities to leave your mark

Advice to Management

The experience has been awesome, lets keep growing the company

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing

We love this kind of forward-thinking attitude! At Mspark we experiment, take risks, and create unique solutions for our customers. It's one of the ways we've continued to grow the company!

7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wow, where do I start....what a great place to maximize your potential and really make an impact. I’ve been able to come into company, make a difference, feel appreciated and help grow a fantastic company, all while having fun doing it. St Mgt is awesome, really willing to help and be part of the team. The compensation opportunity is higher than the industry average and the ability to make more is based on your skill and work ethic. It is a GREAT place to work!!!!

Cons

None really... if you don’t make it here in Sales it is because you either don’t want it or aren’t good enough.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!!!!

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing

We love seeing our employees feel empowered to make an impact! And we agree that Mspark is a GREAT place to work!

8. "Awesome culture with passion and care!"

Former Employee - Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to work that focuses on its employees with great benies, pay and fun. The company really cares about its employees.

Cons

It is a fast paced industry like most so you have to keep up to stay competitive. You have to keep pace or get outpaced.

Advice to Management

Keep making out culture about the employees that will pay off in better service to our clients.

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing

We do move fast around here! All of us at Mspark know that's what it takes to learn and grow while keeping our customers and associates at the forefront of everything we do!

9. "Territory Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not any I can think of

Cons

commissions are very low, Benefits are expensive and customers are not happy with the results.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees and not against them. Do what is best for the customer not the bottom line.

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Two of Mspark's Core Values are Family and Customer-Centric. We want our workplace to be supportive, friendly, and fun while we all work hard to think like the customer. If any of our associates is... More

"What a joke"

Former Employee - Production in Moody, AL
    Former Employee - Production in Moody, AL

I worked at Mspark part-time

Pros

How can you have pros when you KNOW nothing

Cons

This place is a joke. My mother and I got hired in October and started production the following week. We were told NOTHING about the company.
    I guess they expect new employees to figure things out on their own.
    So after production was over (10 days later) we were told that we would be called back when next production starts.
    Great!! 2 weeks roll around and we hadn't heard anything. I ended up calling on a Friday so I could be prepared and be ready if it started back that next Tuesday. The girl that answered the phone told me production will begin Tuesday and we will get called. Great! Tuesday rolled around-no call. So I called Tuesday and was transferred over to the production managers phone. I had to leave a voicemail. My phone did not ring.
    I waited a few days and called back. I was told that production had not started yet and it would be the next week. Oooookay?
    So, the next week comes around-still NO call. I ended up calling AGAIN on Tuesday and I know that it started thay day because I drove out there and parking lot WAS FULL. I asked the lady if she could please check and let me know because we are wondering. She put me on hold. Came back and transferred the phone again. This time someone picked up and then hung up in my face. How professional was that! So I immediately call back and this time the same lady asked for my name and number and that she would personally call me back. Today is Wednesday and I have heard NOTHING. I really do not think that they treat the new employees fairly. We would like to know things about a company that we assumed we were going to work for as we thought we were hired. I do not get why they male new employees go through the filling out papers and getting your thumbprint to work on a time clock and setting up a number for you and they NOT call you back. The decent thing would be to let "employees" know that you will no longer be used here. Ya know for some people this was their only job. An income that was meant to provide support for their family. To be lost on what to do and not getting any answers from anyone and being hung up on is not right. It seems to me that maybe we were just not a right fit for this company because 1. We are the wrong race.
    2. I am a disabled person
    3. Age
    I see huge discrimination
    Yea, I am disabled; Yes I struggled but I did my work and I fought through. I believe my mother and I did an outstanding job. Way More than what I could say some did.

Advice to Management

Treat new employees better and like we are worth something..give new employees a chance.

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for this feedback. Mspark is committed to fostering a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity... More