Mudbug Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Mudbug Media Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2018

3.8
Mudbug Media CEO Scott Zeitzer (no image)
Scott Zeitzer
  1. "Really Positive Experience"

Former Intern - Applications Developer in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Mudbug Media for less than a year

Pros

Great laid-back office culture. Free snacks and constantly trying to be on the cutting edge. Small enough to get some experience in a number of different areas. Great management. Other little perks sprinkled around like free Jazz Fest tickets.

Cons

Not many cons, pay could've been better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I enjoyed my time at Mudbug. Keep the culture good.

Mudbug Media2014-09-11
  2. "Mudbug Media"

Former Employee - Applications Developer in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Mudbug Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a great culture and a very vibrant exchange of ideas. Great place to start your tech career.

Cons

A lot of legacy systems. Compensation is less than ideal.

Mudbug Media2018-02-26
  3. "Just ok"

I worked at Mudbug Media

Pros

Very low stress kind of job

Cons

The pay is not good, hence the low stress. But the company is going through some changes and is cutting benefits and employees drastically.

Mudbug Media2015-09-21
  4. "n/a"

I worked at Mudbug Media full-time

Pros

great people, flexible hours and a lot of opportunity to learn new technology.

Cons

job can get very repetitive, VERY poor pay and little to no raises because the company can not afford it. Layoffs are a very real possibility with this company so don't get attached. If you don't get laid off or quit then there really is no advancement possible in the company because people don't leave, so if you come in as entry level you will probably stay there for a very long time then get a tiny little raise... and a new title if your lucky. Company relies on large clients to much and does not get enough new clients.

Advice to Management

be truthful with your employees tell them how they can improve or give them a heads up if the company is going though hard times so they can get their stuff together if needed. Your not tricking anyone when you pretend everything is great one week then horrible the next. One final note, there needs to be more then one sales man at the company actively looking for jobs to keep the company afloat.

Mudbug Media2015-07-10
  5. "Good first job"

I worked at Mudbug Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a fun environment where you can learn a lot starting out. It's a small company, too, so it's easy to speak with the owner of the company (great guy) about work, culture, whatever. While I was there he held an open "Tuesday Morning Breakfast Club" for anyone willing to meet at 7 am.

Cons

The work can sometimes feel redundant, and the clients aren't necessarily super exciting. Low pay compared to other similar companies in town.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the coffee and tea!

Mudbug Media2014-06-11
  6. "Marketing Internship at Mudbug Media"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Mudbug Media for less than a year

Pros

The office is cool, everyone is very awesome. The office is right next to French Quarter, and you have time to explore the cool restaurants as well. The work as an intern was very relaxing. They gave me research based works, which is a lot of data digging. I gave an hour long presentation at the end, and people there gave me really good feedbacks

Cons

Not as challenging as I wanted. I didn't get the chance to talk to the client directly.

Mudbug Media2014-01-15
  7. "Excellent work culture, work doesn't vary much, good benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Mudbug Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits like a great kitchen, paid parking, flexible time schedule, ability to work from home, training on a variety of developments in the industry, internet reimbursement, and retirement options. Standard vacation / paid time off. Easy to take time off if needed.

Cons

Recently, they seem to have stabilized a bit and are upward on a pattern of growth, but they have been through a number of cutbacks in the past. Variety of work can also be an issue as a client of theirs needs steady pieces that don't change much.

Advice to Management

Seem a little less on edge, more self-assured. Management was super friendly, but had an air of a bomb imploding at any minute. It was unsettling.

Mudbug Media2013-03-14
  8. "Great perks make up for the pay ..."

in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Mudbug Media

Pros

- a lot of paid holidays and sick days, 2 weeks vacation, and a LOT of flexibility, including work from home for certain fields - fun, young environment with a lot of young people - free parking, comped internet, and amazing location - nice offices, casual environment, great equipment - promotes from within, but raises are not dramatic - a lot of out-of-office bonding activities, including volunteering

Cons

- developers definitely get compensated and valued more than other staff members - not really "cutting edge" design; very safe assignments - a bit of nepotism here, some advantage-taking - pay is very, very low on a national level - admins and project staff undervalued - not a lot of room to flex additional skills, pigeonholed into jobs

Advice to Management

Push boundaries a little more with design, and allow people to try new and different things

Mudbug Media2010-04-02