Mueller Services Software Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

Software Developer

4.0
John Noe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home if needed (or always (in 37 reviews)

• Work independently, flexible schedule, in charge of own time (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Easy for field reps to not be properly compensated if they do not document and send in their cases, receipts & additional time spent (in 33 reviews)

• Low pay for the skills required (in 22 reviews)

"Great in the beginning, kinda trailed off at the end....."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at Mueller Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, freedom of choice for work, casual clothing attire, great atmosphere to work in. People are friendly and show great attitude. Great place to learn new things, able to go at my own pace without any back lash. Everyone shows initiatives to learning and implementing new technology and practices in future projects. The people in the I.T. department are great people to work with and very sharp. The environment is very agile, meaning new ideas and concepts are accepted only when given logical backing. The I.T. manager was great in training whenever an issue came up and other employees in the department were quick to help. So communication is definitely a strong point and so is their wealth of knowledge. They also encourage upgrading their technologies to the latest hardware for their IT staff to work on.

Cons

No visible upward progression within the I.T. department, and top managers have very passive aggressive attitude about things they are concerned about. For example, even though their laid back attitude had some advantages, their approach at solving problems seemed a bit unorganized and hurried, which causes more problems in the future. There are better opportunities in other departments, but I.T. is not one of them. There is also a certain level of favoritism that was going around that I wasn't too happy with, which played a key role in their failure to recognize talent in others. To get a good position in IT you have to be hired at that good position. My role kept on being degraded as time went on as was left doing mundane mind numbing tasks that wasn't helping me grow as a developer. There was suddenly a lack of any rewarding or job fulfilling tasks which prevented me from being interested in working there.

Advice to Management

Provide all your employees with some kind of advantage over other companies, give more reward, and don't let anyone feel degraded, constantly find ways to improve your employees by encouraging them and challenging their skills so that they can become an asset to you in the long run, otherwise they'll just leave due to the stress of it all and search for a new company to work for.