MuleSoft "9 5" Reviews | Glassdoor

MuleSoft Employee Reviews about "9 5"

Updated Jun 8, 2019

4.2
MuleSoft CEO Greg Schott
Greg Schott
Pros
  • "lots of great people still within the company; truly some of the most talented I've worked with in my career(in 19 reviews)

• "Strong, smart people who really care(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is heavily skewed toward work but this is driven by passion for the job(in 25 reviews)

• "This job is not a 9-5 and is very challenging(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "9 5"

Return to all Reviews

"Challenging, yet rewarding"

Account Development Representative

I have been working at MuleSoft for more than a year

Pros

Very exciting growth, strong and transformative product. You will have the opportunity to work with high achievers who will challenge you every day to up your game. World class sales team and enablement, as well as a great compensation structure.

Cons

This job is not a 9-5 and is very challenging. If you’re not ready to leave your comfort zone and never come back this might not be the best place for you.

MuleSoft2019-05-05

"Growth Driven, Value Motivated"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

What I love about MuleSoft is the push to go beyond the scope of your job description and to fix anything that you see needs fixing. You'll never hear someone say "that's not my job" as we are all on the same mission to grow the company to be the best in class. I love that my manager and my team whole-heartedly support my creativity to tackle projects that inspire me. Every team, every manager, and every Muley truly... lives out our core values every day: Be fearless, Own it, Make it awesome, and Be a good human.

Cons

The workflow of a Recruiting Coordinator is dependent on other team members - because of this dependency, it can be a bit challenging to prioritize. Because of the Muley passion to "Do Whatever It Takes," we often work beyond the 9-5 window.

MuleSoft2018-05-02
  3. "Account Development"

Current Employee - Account Development

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Numerous growth opportunities, new avenues to pursue always emerging. The day: day is a balance of strategy & execution -- aligning tech & biz strategy. Account Development org is highly regarded in the company, team of high achieving, intellectually curious individuals.

Cons

Not a 9-5 -- this is a high growth company & the best teammates are committed to the company fully.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

MuleSoft2018-04-03

"Recruiting Coordinator"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

MuleSoft sets the bar when it comes to radical candor. I've never felt more challenged and well-taken care by my employer.

Cons

MuleSoft is filled with very passionate, hard working people and, consequently, Muleys have a tendency to work well over the 9-5 window.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing - transparency and radical candor go a long way :)

MuleSoft2017-04-19

"A Different Kind of Company"

Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MuleSoft

Pros

MuleSoft, simply put, is in a class of its own. The first day here I felt like the stupidest guy in the room (I think I still am) as you are working with some of the most intelligent and talented people in the world. Egos are checked at the door, and everyone here works together to accomplish what's best for the company. And everyone is just as committed to seeing not just the company, but you as an individual... succeed. This attitude goes all the way to the top, with a CEO that genuinely cares about his employees, and works very hard to try and establish a relationship with each and everyone of them. You can literally throw a meeting on his calendar, and you might find yourself casually chatting with him on the train. It's extremely fast-paced and high-pressure, but there are no politics and everyone genuinely cares about others - making it a lot more relaxing and fun than most places I've worked. Plus with a "trust is earned" outlook, once you've established yourself you'll find ownership and freedom within your projects. Along with high impact of ideas, this means you not only get to be part of a company revolutionizing the industry (it sounds corny, but it is so true), you get to be the person making it happen. Let's see... what else. Great people, great culture, amazing - world changing technology, and you can't really beat the benefits (along with your standard stuff they also have yoga nights, Thirsty Thursdays, and other optional team activities). This is one place that if you get the chance to work here, you won't want to pass up. Best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

For all the pros, there are a few cons. First of all, again, it is very fast-paced and high stress. You are expected to do your job and do it very well without needing to be constantly supervised. You also need to be able to adapt as the company moves at the speed of technology. If you're not driven, this may not be the best place for you. Also, you have to be passionate about what you do - while having 500+... employees the company has very much a startup mentality - which means everyone is expected to pitch in, and there can be long hours. But, they do also encourage you to take time off as needed to avoid burn out. I think most employees here are able to have a decent work/ life balance - but if you're expecting a 9-5 you won't last long. Lastly, the interview process is pretty intense (although I think it's a good thing). It's great to be super smart and talented, but you'll be working with people who are just as smart, if not smarter. I'm very sincere when I say I'm probably the dumbest person here. You have to be able to check your ego at the door, and not take project criticism personally (it takes some getting used to at first - but it actually makes for a far better product... again people are trying to help, not hurt you here).

Advice to Management

As long as you keep employees engaged and pay attention to survey responses, you'll have an amazing culture. It's impressive that the company has been able to grow as it has, and not had the culture drastically shift. Just keep focusing on hiring the right people, and working towards the amazing vision you already have. Obviously it's working!

MuleSoft2015-08-01

"Fast growing company with many opportunities"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone at MuleSoft is incredibly smart and dedicated to their job. The culture has remained strong as the company has rapidly scaled over the last year. I have learned quite a lot from my coworkers and enjoy coming into work every day.

Cons

The company is scaling quickly, so we are experiencing some growing pains. However, management is conscious of this and are doing their best to change management tactics and adjust as the team grows. It's not a 9-5 job, but no startup is.

MuleSoft2014-10-15

"Great place to work"

I have been working at MuleSoft part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CEO is an experienced, strong leader and a good communicator. He has high standards and can be demanding but he also cares a lot about the well being and long-term success of Mulesoft employees

Cons

Not for people who want to work 9-5

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

MuleSoft2014-08-15

"A-Players recruit other A-Players"

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at MuleSoft means you will have the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry and some of the most fun people you'll ever meet. Everyone is brilliant and passionate about what they do and this leads for some amazing collaboration across departments. You will feel as though you are part of the family on Day 1 and this is because the people are not only welcoming and friendly, but... because there will be someone newer than you on Day 2. The product is also revolutionary and tackling some of business' greatest technology challenges. You will hear people talking about the amazing things they're working on in line for the catered lunches, at our company all-hands meeting every other week, or over a drink in the kitchen. Greg and the rest of the executive staff are not only inspiring leaders, but they are great human beings. Our culture is being preserved as we scale up, simply because their standards are high and they want to bring on other a-players. If I ever leave (and I hope I won't be anytime soon), I know I will look fondly at many of the Muleys as they best people I ever worked with.

Cons

This is not a 9-5 house. Because we are growing so fast, this is not the kind of place where you come in, put your head down, do work and leave exactly 8 hours later. However, the work is engaging and the long hours are reasons why the team is so close.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, MuleSoft will only continue to excel!

MuleSoft2014-06-21

"Great company and great place to start in SaaS sales"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in London, England

I have been working at MuleSoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training and exposure as well as being based in salesforce tower

Cons

Nothing really, but expect to be worked to the bone. This is not a 9-5

MuleSoft2019-06-08
  10. "Changing the Game"

I worked at MuleSoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People Smart and passionate Really card about the company, challenges and the pace of change in the industry Able to take concept to action very Quickly

Cons

Not a 9-5 job and you should join with the purpose of building something great the journey was one of Do what it takes and that could sometime mean long hrs. but the rewards were good and the sense of team effort was always worth it.

Advice to Management

Invest in the people, and ensure and watch for burnout. When you hire with your head make sure that their is a growth path for the hires as well.

MuleSoft2017-06-12