MullinTBG Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yong Lee

1. "Bumpy transition, but almost there"

Current Employee - More Than One in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - More Than One in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Prudential is going to be good for the company. They have cleared out a lot of dead wood in management and are streamlining processes. New resources are already considerable when compared to what we had previously.

Cons

New duties and responsibilities get assigned, but compensation does not move in line with the increases in responsibilities. Salaries do not feel competitive.

Advice to Management

Value your talent - plenty of attrition could have been avoided if talent had been locked down with promotions or compensation bumps.

2. "Client Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MullinTBG full-time

Pros

Majority of co-workers are committed to helping everyone succeed. Internal and external resources are robust. Multiple office locations and work at home options available.

Cons

Senior management seems focused on positioning and protecting themselves, often at the expense of the people they manage. Good employees are getting burned out and leaving.

Advice to Management

Be honest and direct with the employees from the beginning. Tell us the true focus for the future of the company and tell us that the priority is higher profit margin, even at the expense of client satisfaction and loss of good employees.

"Benefits Specialist"

Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot say much for pros. Mullin merged with Prudential and many of us lost our jobs. Prudential asked us to perform a lot of tasks above and beyond our daily duties for the migration to their services and did not reward the people that put the most time and effort into the migration.

Cons

Very little interaction and review from your STL, he was more interested in talking about hunting than actually providing any career coaching. The company laid us off when merged with Prudential.

Advice to Management

Promote the people that add the most value to the position, not the people that share your views. Diversity can take you a long way.

"Worst Company I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If there were some positive attributes to this company, I'd absolutely record them here. Unfortunately I cannot think of one thing that I liked about my experience here.

Cons

-No upside potential, no growth, same boring data entry tasks everyday
    -Lots of policing of employees - emails all tracked, websites & internet time tracked, parking card useage tracked, etc. You'll get called to HR if you step outside of the bounds of the strict, regimented policies.
    -No in-person or phone communication. All communication was done via email. Everything you say via email will be used against you in the future.
    -Procedures. Write out hundreds of procedures with a whole bunch of screenshots detailing every step of every process that you do. They do this because they know the job is horrible, and you'll leave. Once you leave, they want to make sure other team members and your replacement can follow the instructions.
    -High turnover. I was there for 4 years. My group had 4 analyst spots. I was in one of them. The other 3 spots had 9-10 different people come and go within my 4 years there. People hated it.
    -I could go on, but I'm busy at the moment, and will leave you with my review.

Advice to Management

When I was here, the environment felt very suffocating. There were no opportunities to grow. If there are financial concerns, you don't have to grow people through salary or promotions. You can foster a sense of innovation and growth in other ways.

Stop all the policing. With all the resources committed to policing employees, you could just give some slack and reduce all the time wasted on policing. Treating your employees like children who can't control their work flow only belittles and demeans them.

Stop with all the BS politics.

I've since moved on to two other companies since leaving, and both companies are worlds better than MTBG. I never the first company with such a bad taste in my mouth, and everything was on good terms. I'm still employed at the second company in a very satisfying role. This review isn't some disgruntled former employee who hates everything in life. I can speak very confidently and proudly about the two other companies I've worked at since my time at MTBG.

"Funding Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Funding Analyst in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Funding Analyst in El Segundo, CA

Pros

The people working there are usually younger (mid 20s to early 30s). The people there are fun to be around.

Cons

There are not much opportunities to move up.

6. "Wasted too much precious time there"

Former Employee - Project Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Place was great before the prudential merge. They provide lunch twice a year. Get some good lays.

Cons

So many things. The software and development team suck big time but only because of their poorly skilled managers who can't mentor them. Their development process is obsolete like their mostly VB6 based technologies. They also read all your emails and snoop through your stuff. I hope the people who are still there stay there. They really do deserve to be tied to that amateur group for the remainder of their lives and careers, and learn/grow/gain nothing. I never realized how bad that place really was until I started working somewhere else.

Advice to Management

No way would I give management good advice, I'd rather they keep making their stupid decisions and mistakes. This section should be renamed "Advice to the Bad Management"

7. "A stellar working environment where everyday I am learning and contributing something new to my colleagues."

Current Employee - Video Editor in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Video Editor in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at MullinTBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to thrive in where you learn something new everyday about saving for retirement and 401(k).

Cons

The only thing I would say is that due to being in Los Angles the cost of living is so high it make your salary seem low. But this truly is a great environment to grow!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because its awesome!

8. "A fish in the belly of a giant Pru"

Former Employee - Benefits Administrator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"Great people. Some really smart, hard-working people. Team environment. Great benefits. Backed financially by Prudential. Pru has supported bonus payments. High turn-over. Depending on department you may have a low stress experience. Cubicle life mix with team work. it's predictable and constant."

Cons

High workload in record keeping. Over worked employees and management. Proprietary software - not user friendly. High turn-over.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring more people

9. "Benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Owned by Prudential.

Cons

Al ot of newer management with little experience.

10. "Horrific!"

Former Employee - Benefits Administrator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In this climate, it is a job, but not much more.

Cons

Management is horrible. Micromanaging and discrimination are a daily. If your not Asian or Pacific-Asian you will not advance.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over.