Multi-Color Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Multi-Color Corporation President and CEO Nigel A. Vinecombe
Nigel A. Vinecombe

1. "Values numbers over people"

Current Employee - Rewind Operator in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Rewind Operator in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to make labels for prominent companies.
    Ok pay but not worth the stress or demands of management.

Cons

Employees especially rewinders are not appreciated and often end up burned out.
    Constant 12 and 10 hour shifts with little notice, regular mandatory saturday work too.
    The management do not listen to employee feedback.
    High employee turn over.

Advice to Management

Apply your written philosophy to your actual culture.
    Demeaning and grinding down employees is not fair or how you should operate.

"Run...Fast and Far"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in York, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in York, PA

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money and that's all they can offer. They get you in with the money and then you're trapped.

Cons

People are fired without even having a chance to show the type of work they can do and HR supports them. People in customer service feel like they are trapped and walk into work daily CRYING because they can't stand to come to work. Management is hired without ANY printing experience and then treat their direct reports terribly. CS Leads are HORRIFIC and have no people skills. You are expected to be up and running with accounts within a week!!! There is NO training. People are trapped by their salaries.

Advice to Management

You are NOT paying attention to what is going on around you. People HATE it there. Your middle management treat people like they are worthless. It's HORRIFIC! Your HR supports management without so much as asking what is going on and questioning people motives. Everything about your organization wrong.

"N/a"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only good was benefits and when they bought food. They actually paid a little higher than the normal production job.

Cons

Everything was bad from management to definetly the employees. It was havic. I worked there for over a year and all they did was take advantage of you especially if you were a good employee. It seemed like the slackers moved up while the hard workers would have to be extremly tough to move up. If you wanted to move up, you better be ready for the consequences. People would always say, big brother is watching you and you never know when its your last day there. I wouldn't recommend anybody to go here especially the things i went through to try to get to where i wanted to be in the company. They took full advantage of you and supervisors and management were terrible. They try to trick you into believing that working there is the best and that you were so called family. They didnt care about you at all. The employees were like characters of people who almost went to jail but somehow managed to work there. Its a zoo and youll never be where you want to be in there. Ive never belived in people setting you up but this place will by all means. The policies have people so stressed and there minds not clear that they will manipulate you in any kind of way to run the thrill for them. Dont go here at all. Go get a degree and do it right. Honestly this place shouldnt even be rated a 1, it should be rated a -1. Do the right thing and find an environment that will atleast protect and respect your own god given rights in the work force.

Advice to Management

All should be fired, learn to take in what people say and stop acting like when hearing the truth is the wrong thing. Stop making promises to people who really wanted the position and lead them into termination. Like i said management will use anything to get rid of you!

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batavia, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batavia, OH

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k. The workers as in production the whole reason the place functions.

Cons

Supervisors are horrible. Hr does not care about anyone but themselves or making them look good. Management is terrible and I mean terrible. How do they function what so ever. They need a good grip on reality.

Advice to Management

Fire all the management supervisors managers and get a whole new crew. Ones that knows how to be one instead of kissing butt to get ahead.

"terrible conditions for production I've ever been in"

Current Employee - Press Utility in York, PA
    Current Employee - Press Utility in York, PA

I have been working at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay is decent free food benefits are not complete rubbish I have no other pros to list sorry but that is it

Cons

everything else management is terrible more like a dictatorship they do not care if u have a life or family even though they're always leaving early for theirs u get points for everything there are people that harass female coworkers to the point that they are forced out which is so sad and I will say as a male I'm disgusted with the way people act here they promote those who don't deserve it aka the ones who are unethical and harass or don't know how to do their job attitudes here are terrible so much mandatory overtime everyone hates HR but nothing will ever be done about it everyone is just going to end up leaving and going down the street people are afraid to ask for leave because the shark will come after us

Advice to Management

leave all of you leave send us some new HR people send us a new plant manager

7. "Shipping and Receiving"

Former Employee - Material Handle in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Material Handle in Greensboro, NC

Pros

Overtime good people work with

Cons

Its cold in the warehouse

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

There are many good people that make MCC successful.

Cons

Sales and executive management are nothing short of pompous. They do not honor their commitments and do not have respect for their customers.

Advice to Management

Hire an executive search firm to recruit those with honesty and integrity. Then, Find a career where there is no interaction with people.

"They don't care about your personal/family life."

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Batavia, OH
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Batavia, OH

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

pay and benefits are decent. If your an AT&T customer you get a discount on your personal cell .

Cons

They lure you in by telling you that because they are 12 hour rotation you only work half a year but in reality you have to work on your scheduled day off because overtime is mandatory, I worked 12 days straight 12 hours a day. When I said I was exhausted and needed a day off I got a phony smile and sarcastic "yes we know and we appreciate it". If you value your personal/family life don't go here.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to new hires by telling them they only work half a year when you know your going to require them to work every day.

"thanks for running the watertown plant into the ground"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, WI

Pros

The paychecks did not bounce.

Cons

Management sucks. Only out for themselves. Board of directors pad their salaries with free stock. CEO is cluless. Yes men.

Advice to Management

Monetary greed will cost you in the end. Remember the 58 employees with families that you let down. It used to be a good place (northstar) before mcc aquired it.

"Some companies are just better about the way they treat employees. This is not one of those companies."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, OH

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

The company was fair about a severance package when they laid me off.

Cons

The company made no attempt to speak to me regarding any value I might bring if retained.
    The acquisition was rushed (Multi-Color's words not mine).

Advice to Management

Walk, don't run through an acquisition.