Multi-Color Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Multi-Color Corporation President and CEO Nigel A. Vinecombe
Nigel A. Vinecombe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are many good people that make MCC successful (in 3 reviews)

• Was a great company before Multicolor took over (in 3 reviews)

1. "not good"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good salary some good workers

Cons

not good at supporting employees, managment only cares for themselves, not appreciate hard workers only kissass people

Advice to Management

be more sensitive to people

2. "alright"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in York, PA
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in York, PA

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good if you like overtime.

Cons

Bad if you have a family. No fixed schedule.

3. "Closing doors"

Former Employee - Back Up Team Leader in Watertown, WI
    Former Employee - Back Up Team Leader in Watertown, WI

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Was a great company before Multicolor took over

Cons

Closing the doors on a place that did a great job

Advice to Management

Be a little more sensitive when doing this to someone

4. "Needs more work on policies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

I have been working at Multi-Color Corporation (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money and benefits are not bad but they can do better.

Cons

Trying to run a plant with nothing short of a skeleton crew. Policies which create a hostile work environment in which everyone is so afraid for their jobs that they are willing to throw one another under the bus to get the heat off of them. Have no Standard Operating Procedure, policies are made up on the fly. Not much of a future unless one becomes management otherwise everyone else is expendable including those with valuable experience. Point/demerit system run amok, no discretion used when dealing with tardiness, sickness, or family emergencies. So much time spent threatening write-ups and termination that materials are barely kept in stock so that associates can actually do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Take more responsibility for yourselves. Take notice when the procedures you impose on highly experienced press operators fail and go back to the drawing board instead of blaming everyone for situations you know they have no control over.

"Getting worse"

Current Employee - Press Operator in York, PA
    Current Employee - Press Operator in York, PA

Pros

Wages are fair, secure job

Cons

Organisational issues, Management imposes policy changes on a monthly basis, forced shift coverage for those on vacation, forced to take vacation if you want a Saturday off, grossly under staffed.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings and respect the fact they have families and other obligations outside of the workplace. then maybe your turnover wouldn't be so high.

"Neither employee or customer friendly!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batavia, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Batavia, OH

I have been working at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay just enough to make it hard to leave. Great equipment and building. Plant is climate controlled.

Cons

Work environment is very toxic. Departments do not work together. Overall this is a very unpleasant place to work. Work very long hours for little or no praise.

Advice to Management

You say you are employee and customer focused, but your actions do not support this claim. Only concerned about bottom line. Most employees want to do a good job and make customers happy, but that is not the case because of high turnover.

7. "Good and bad"

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time

Pros

Growing business. Some really good and caring employees.

Cons

Even though business grows they have many plant closures and most upper management don't respect lower level employees.

Advice to Management

Spend time with your employees and make them at least feel like you care.

"A growing company that doesn't value its employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, OH

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was paid well but that was due to being hired by a separate company prior to MCC acquiring my plant. MCC pays less to new hires.

My plant was rumored to be the "candy land" of all of the plants within the company. The production crew is unionized which protects them quite a bit from MCC corporate. This is not the standard of most plants.

The plant manager of my particular plant is a good leader. I didn't always agree with his decisions but overall he was fair in relation to the pressure that corporate put on him.

Most of the production crew has been there for 30+ years. They're like a family and for the most part genuinely care about one another.

Cons

The company that owned my plant prior to MCC taking over was a fair to its employees. In the year that MCC took over I experienced half of my colleagues getting let go and was given three times the amount of work with no extra pay. After the first year my plant was noted to be within the top three best performing plants company-wide. We were "rewarded" by having another (legacy MCC) plant get promoted to manage my plant. This clearly marked us as the red headed step children. There was also no extra pay for being a top performing plant.

Many individuals on the management team were untrustworthy and acted like a clique. Most non-management employees did not trust their superiors - customer service being one.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Thank them. Acknowledge that most of them are busting their behinds and working extra hours to continue to succeed as the company has been doing. Pay them what they're worth and stop cutting jobs and not replacing people. When individuals that have been happy in their role for 30+ years all of a sudden start talking about how terrible of a company MCC is, it's not them, it's you and how you treat them.

"Unorganized Chaos"

Former Employee - Customer Account Representative in York, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Account Representative in York, PA

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and treat each other like family.
    There are good employees who are dedicated and willing to go above and beyond.

Cons

Unorganized procedures and policies make for internal chaos.
    Most of the smaller customers are pushed aside to make room for the bigger customers.

Advice to Management

Communication to staff on key changes and upcoming improvements will help boost morale and trust with management.

"Used to be a great place to work but has gone to the dogs fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsburg, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsburg, IN

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

Salary and benefits are not good. New management took away bonuses that greatly affected our yearly pay. They did give us a raise but also raised cost of benefits and almost doubled the health insurance deductibles. I used to love this company now I cant wait for a chance to get out of here. They are becoming a terrible place to work, the management here in the Scottsburg plant are good to work for but Nigel is not. He is only interested in buying up all the companies he can and keeping pay and benefits at rock bottom in order to keep expanding. He will find out you get what you pay for. We can hardly find anyone who wants to work here anymore and finding good people to work here is almost impossible. They stay till they find something better and move on. When Frank was here we knew we were appreciated, we received bonuses, decent pay, good benefits and he visited now ant then to meet with us to let us know what was going on. We don't even know what Nigel looks like. He has bought companies, shut down companies, taken away bonuses, increased cost of benefits, increased insurance deductibles and kept pay at rock bottom here. But all this came at a price. The morale in this plant is not like it used to be. People put in their hours and go home, they don't go the extra mile like they used to.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, you say your employees are your greatest asset, then act like it. We need to be able to provide for our families too but you are making it harder every day. We have made the company what it is today, we have done our fair share don't you think we deserve to be compensated for that.