Multi Packaging Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Multi Packaging Solutions CEO Marc Shore
Marc Shore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people and management just a great job (in 9 reviews)

• Great place to learn printing techniques, some of the best work ever produced (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Male dominated upper management (in 7 reviews)

• No work-life balance available if in management, expect to be on-call 24/7 and not be compensated or appreciated for it (in 4 reviews)

1. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Constant training, good average benefits.

Cons

Working with many plants and getting used to how each one wants the work done.

Advice to Management

Remember all of your employees. They are all important.

"stop and think"

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

clean rest rooms and safe plant

Cons

Currently muddling through yet another management induced debacle. Hopefully things will improve with the Westrock takeover. They really can't keep these people, can they?

Advice to Management

Get rid of current management and hire people that know something about printing and managing people. LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES, before all the good ones are gone.

"Beatings will continue until morale improves!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays slightly better than welfare.
    Free toilet paper.

Cons

Both senior and local management is clueless and is comprised of people without actual management experience. Local management lacks any sort of knowledge of business process management, conflict resolution skills or even common sense. The only skill they seem to possess is blind delegation of problems they should be solving at the top.

There are 2 types of people at MPS.
    The first group of people are bottom of the barrel. HR brought them in just because they are warm bodies to fill positions at the lowest wage possible. And yes, there are quite a few of these people that hold management and salaried positions. They use the “point system” to keep a constant revolving door of hourly workers so they never have to increase anyone's wages or give promotions.

The second are the real people in charge. You will know who they are by the bags under their eyes, the 70+ hour work weeks, and the look of complete despair on their faces. These are the people that are filling 2 to 4 positions at one time. If they have not quit already.

A warning!! If you are intelligent, knowledgeable or skilled, expect to be to be driven into the ground. Overworked and underpaid doesn't even come close to describing it. Expect 60+ hour weeks at pay well below market value. Management will pawn off anything they can on you.

Hourly employees, realize that you will be treated like cattle. You are considered 100% expendable.

Advice to Management

I could offer advice, but you wouldn't take it anyway.

"Stay away!"

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, below management level.

Cons

Poor management at the site level. Some because they are completely overwhelmed. Some, because they are inexperienced, but kiss-ass and get promoted to the level of their incompetence, where they then become overwhelmed.

Understaffed. They will promise more staff, but not deliver.

Do 99 things right, hear crickets. Do 1 thing wrong, hear about it from 7 senior people.

In the hiring process, they will negotiate a good salary for you, until it's time for them to check your most recent pay stub...and then they low-ball you. Obviously, you take it if you are unemployed or you are so unhappy at your current place that you're looking to leave.

Company just got bought out by WestRock. I'd expect some consolidation soon.

Advice to Management

None. They're too arrogant to take advice.

"Prepress"

Former Employee - Prepress
    Former Employee - Prepress

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll learn and do some of the best work in your career. You'll learn some very good techniques, and you'll do it on your own.

Cons

You'll work with the worst managers in your career, ever. You're only as good as your last job and they'll throw you under the bus, and back up over you to finish the job.

Advice to Management

Put your head back on your shoulders, and look at what you're doing to your employees.

"Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Lansing, MI

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and first-shift job

Cons

Typical to see coworkers crying in their offices, no communication, daily meetings regarding incidents, new employees every month

Advice to Management

Communicate, communicate, communicate.

"Material handler"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Greedy & don't pay

"Bindery"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

i work in long island at hicksville plant. the company was doing very bad for a long time under Chesapeake, we all scared we would lose our jobs. MPS took over and the Owners son Nick Shore was sent to our plant to run the shop. THe whole shop changed right away. we hear we now make money, he cares about the people and today he handed out $20 gift cards to every employee to shake hands with everyone and wish happy thanksgiving. If he is the future of this company, it is a brighter future. Smartest kid i have ever met and he loves the people, they love him back and work hard for him. i work for him, no one else. must be under 30 years old and treats everyone like equal.
    oh and he gives us bagels every Thursday! he only promotes from within. almost all managers were promoted by our boss Nick, all of them started from low positions and he wants to only look at who is in the factory for better jobs. Thank you sir!

Cons

wish we had some more OT right now but trust our boss that he will give when possible.

Advice to Management

Nice job to the CEO on raising your son. Would like to see some new equipment. no complaints though, happiest i have been at work in my entire life. Most people in the shop say the same over the last year or so. my wife loves him but never met him because i am a happy man. i hope you read this. very few people come along and change your life, this young man changed many.

9. "Finance Intern"

Pros

-wide variety of experience
    -access to important people
    -lots of experience with excel

Cons

-can be super slow sometimes

10. "Really Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Padlocker in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Padlocker in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Management is understandable, organized, and very thorough. They do not throw you into your job, they set you up with your own personal mentor which is very cool. So you're not overwhelmed when starting a new job.

Cons

Nothing... honestly! Management is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!