Multi Service Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Multi Service President Brandon Spear
Brandon Spear

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've seen that other reviewers put the "casual dress code" under pros (in 9 reviews)

• The work-life balance was great (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no way to have a real talented employee due to the low pay (in 5 reviews)

• There is almost no training in the area that I work in (in 3 reviews)

1. "Full-on depression with perks"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The PTO is next-level, ask and ye shall receive. The employees are generally cool except for a few immature sales people (Poop-Pranks and emotionally and intense), but even then, they're tolerable.
    If you're used to a call center environment this is slightly better.
    Micromanagement is virtually gone but you're also under a microscope regardless.
    401k match is good too and makes

Cons

Gate-keeping veteran employees. Gossip. Non-existent leadership.

Advice to Management

Significantly reduce the amount of influence veteran employees have on career advancement, increase pay accordingly, improve structure and leadership, stop letting supervisors push-off all their responsiblities unto other employees in the name of "team-work". You know it's bad when mangements asks base-level CSR's whether or not they should full-time hire temps. Or when your coordinators are the real 'supervisors' who just relay impressions and gossip to management.

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multi Service is great place to develop IT skills

Cons

Some of the management decision is poor

Advice to Management

Please encourage the staffs

"Management needs updating/standards"

I have been working at Multi Service full-time

Pros

Benefits are good and there are some good people working there.

Cons

Some individuals have been put in management positions based on time served and not skills and should not continue to manage people. Others need to understand that the "peons" that do the work hear and see the gossip from certain higher ups about us and it causes negative moral. No one is perfect, but having management personnel talk about people under them is inappropriate and it is noticed.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to do the right thing and don't play favorites, it's everywhere in the company and people see it, you aren't hiding it like you think you are. This is a much bigger issue than you realize.

"Cold calling immigrants all day."

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place actually has a lot of good people working here. This is the first sales job I have ever had where people don't stab each other in the back. The benefits are effective day 1. Managers are mostly great as well.

Cons

Training is seriously lacking. The trainer is extremely tenured but lacks any technology skills. He doesn't even use the CRM software we use so you are left to your own devices in trying to figure that out. You won't learn how our fuel cards work until you start cold calling people and making mistakes.

The pay is horrendous especially since getting your commission requires the stars to align perfectly. You need get prospects to fill out an application, get them approved, and then get them to use the card for fuel. It's a very tedious process for selling a commodity.

The job itself is awful. It's telemarketing so be prepared to bother people all day. Most of the leads are immigrants which are impossible to sell to because of language barriers.

The top sales rep is a very intense Christian who incessantly talks about his faith which is a little intimidating.

Advice to Management

In 2017 telemarketing is not the way to get business. Provide more avenues for inbound leads. Do not let your employees, no matter how many gallons they sell, preach their religion at work. Stop letting managers (who control the inbound leads) make sales. When you have a sales manager make two calls a day and make 5 times quota, there's probably foul play.

5. "National Account Manager"

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits take effect day one, good atmosphere, professional co-workers who truly care about their positions.

Cons

A little bit cliquish

Advice to Management

Mostly keep up the good work. It's a bit of a gossipy company, so that is a con.

6. "Multi service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Multi Service (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and good benefits.

Cons

Pay was well below the average.

7. "Growing Company with a New Drive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MultiService (MSTS) is pushing hard to change the culture of the company. The company is willing to take new risks and try new initiatives. The biggest change is the push to not think in 5-10% gains, but at massive levels, like 10X. When you start thinking about programs, projects, sales, customer service, customer satisfaction and the like at a 10X scale, your whole mindset changes. I don't try to think about how I can make small changes to make the company better. I think about changes that will change the company and the industry we work with. The management that I work with is very receptive to my ideas and takes the time to listen and consider them. There's been multiple times they take my ideas as a seed and grow it into something even bigger and better.

Cons

I work in the IT side of the company. We have some really amazing products, but the code base it is built on is slow to change. So we suffer from being able to deliver new features in a short time frame. That said, it is one of the core components of the company that we are working on changing. We are moving from a multi-month release time table to a week to two week release time table. This will really enhance our ability to deliver new features at incredible speeds.

Advice to Management

10X, 10X, 10X, 10X, 10X, 10X, 10X, and don't ever lose sight of that goal. We need to work smarter, not harder. Remember that it's not the amount of hours an employee works, it's the final output and the quality that matter.

"Bad company"

Former Employee - Developer in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Developer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Multi Service full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has a free snack food once a month for that month's birthday. Pay is average. Technology leading edge? 10 years behind the industry

Cons

Real bad medical benefit. Don't even pay for flu shot. Real bad politics. No room for improvement. No training. No education reimbursement whatsoever. Too much control from World Fuel company in Florida into day-to-day operation. There is no way to have a real talented employee due to the low pay. low technology and low benefits.

Advice to Management

Improve medical benefits. Reinstate education reimbursement. Provide training. Getting a direction but MS would have to control its day-to-day operation

"Needs Improvement"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, able to work from home when needed, company-provided laptops, casual dress code, employee-appreciation micro-perks, near to major interstate. Very good benefits.

Cons

sub-standard pay rate, little to no bonuses, still dealing with legacy code and systems, little standardization, even less documentation. Only now trying to implement proper training.

Advice to Management

First and most important is that you need to pay ALL employees fair market value. That would be a jump in salary for many. 2nd is to fire some of the long-standing employees who still believe in old/outdated/archaic code and tech. 3. implement and hire documentation/tech writers. 4. Put in place a budge and process for replacing the work equipment every 3-5 years. You say you want to be a tech leader/giant/etc but you are still thinking and acting like a small-time company. Your clients are big in both action and culture. You need to ACT, not just say you want to. And the parent company needs to do the same.

"The new MSTS"

Current Employee - Director, Sales and Marketing in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Director, Sales and Marketing in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible communication from executive leadership team about strategic vision
    Great company culture that's continually cultivated through employee engagement activities
    Good benefits that are on par or better than peers
    Casual dress code
    Sharp strategic vision
    Dynamic leadership team
    Reward & Recognition program
    Owned by a Fortune 100
    Great work/life balance
    Competitive pay
    Advancement opportunities

Cons

It can be difficult to attract/hire really top talent because of the reputation the company earned when it was privately held with a conservative management team. That barrier however is getting lower and lower as prospects learn about new strategy, change management, and the tech culture/history of MSTS.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate with the employees about what the strategic plan is for both short term and long term initiatives. The town halls are a great medium for that!