MultiCare Health System Reviews in Tacoma, WA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
MultiCare Health System President and CEO Bill Robertson
Bill Robertson

Pros
Cons
  • No work-life balance for salaried employees (in 6 reviews)

• Focused on profits instead of patient care (in 9 reviews)

1. "Still employed"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay. Great boss who is very understanding.

Cons

Gainsharing more difficult to get.

Advice to Management

Offer tution assistance to everyone.

"Never would work here again."

Former Employee - Senior Executive Assistant in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Executive Assistant in Tacoma, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, friendly co-workers, nice break room, good benefits. Good teamwork among general staff.

Cons

Inconsistent training. Hidden agendas. Lack of follow through. Clichish and lack of management. A general feeling of not being heard.

Advice to Management

MHS is getting too big too fast. Employees need to feel appreciated.

Apr 5, 2017 – Recruiting Associate

We’re sorry you felt you weren’t heard in spite of the many ways employees can share their input. In addition to direct communication with their supervisors, employees can also share their input via ... More

"Multicare"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of nurses to work with on the floor. Management tries really hard to help the nurses. I have recommended nurses to work for multicare

Cons

The floor is very hectic and we don't get meal and breaks like we are suppose too. The union fought very hard for nurses at Tacoma General for latest contract

"Loved working for Multicare! Planned to spend next 20+years working there until they outsourced my entire department."

Former Employee - Coding Specialist in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Coding Specialist in Tacoma, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For me, everything was a pro. I loved being a part of Multicare and was grateful to be a part of such an extraordinary Healthcare System. It was a truly wonderful company to work with for and strive to be a great place to work and I hope to work for them again someday...

Cons

The current CEO is outsourcing anything and everything he possibly can while continuing to expand, grow, and acquire more and more all across Washington state. He is spending a lot of money and resources while eliminating entire departments to outsourcing and negatively affecting dedicated, loyal employees in so many ways while also costing long time employees to lose basically everything they worked so hard for during their time with Multicare.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing departments that have the likely potential to bring about extremely negative, if not almost catastrophic results that will affect the entire system, bring down employee morale, and ultimately affect patient care and patient satisfaction scores. Multicare is such a great place to work and has thousands of dedicated, loyal employees many of which are incredibly grateful to be a part of such an extraordinary Healthcare System. Focus on holding on to employees and departments like that instead of throwing entire departments under the bus without doing everything possible to keep them within Multicare. Thought they would have learned that when they outsourced the IT/IS department and later realized what a ginormous mistake that was...

Mar 6, 2017 – Recruiting Associate

Like most large, complex organizations, MultiCare is constantly evaluating which services are best provided internally and which are best provided by an outside “expert” resource. In the vast ... More

6. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Tacoma, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System (More than 3 years)

Pros

Up-to-date on latest health information and technology. Would and do trust them with my own family.

Cons

Cant think of any related to the organization

Advice to Management

Filter drama. Stick with facts

"Highly recommended place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mission, community involvement, excellent charity care, good pay and benefits

Cons

Large organization takes longer to get things done at times

Advice to Management

Practice the values, appreciate and reward employees

"Constant Redirection"

Current Employee - Administrative in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The organization's mission and values are good ones.
    Good people with good intentions at all levels of the organization.
    Competitive salaries for hourly employees.
    Opportunities for growth and development

Cons

Too many competing priorities making it difficult to find satisfaction in doing a job well.
    Focus has become grow, grow, grow, without the support system in place to manage the growth.
    Unrealistic expectations- do more with less and keep smiling....
    No work-life balance for salaried employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, take time for more than a quick 10 minute walk through the departments and clinics to truly understand what we deal with every day. Slow down the growth! I would much rather be part of a smaller organization known for excellent care given by teams of kind and caring people than part of a mega-system of warm bodies known for mediocrity.

Feb 24, 2017 – Recruiting Associate

We believe growth and quality are not mutually exclusive. We also see growth as essential given the current dynamics of the healthcare industry. Based on your comments, it’s clear you share our ... More

9. "Cash management cclerk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great management and good benefits

Cons

the gossip and the slackers

10. "Multicare Rocks!"

Current Employee - Desktop Emergent Team in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Desktop Emergent Team in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff here at Multicare are amazing and always uplifting. The morale in my department is high and the rapport is through the roof. The managers and supervisors on my team encourage you to do and be your best. Always willing to listen and give both creative and constructive feedback. I Love My Job!!!

Cons

Unfortunately I cannot say anything bad about Multicare Health Systems. There is nothing is jothing really wrong with my department I work in or the individuals that I am currently working with.

Advice to Management

The best advice that I can give to the management is to tell them to keep on doing what they're doing because it's working.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Tacoma, WA

I worked at MultiCare Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and good people. Committed to professional development

Cons

Department I worked in was very reactive and slow to market. It also relied too heavily on the mentality of doing more with less which took a toll on staff. Accountability was an issue at times.

Advice to Management

Fine tune goals with alignment to mission. Shouldn't have 20 goals where you don't do any of them very well. Focus on fewer goals that you can do exceedingly well and add more along the way.