MultiPlan Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
MultiPlan CEO Mark Tabak
Mark Tabak

Pros
  • Summer hours are from memorial day to labor day and include a 6 hour Friday work day (pay for 8 hours) (in 19 reviews)

• Management recognizes great work and the company offers great benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons

1. "Contracts Paralegal - Great company"

Current Employee - Contracts Paralegal in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Contracts Paralegal in New York, NY

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is great to work for, there is ongoing training for your position, and it is very fast paced environment, There are a ton of Employee Appreciation events and fundraising on a weekly basis. I always feel well appreciated there, for what I do and it is very easy to get involved, Everyone is friendly.

Cons

There are not many Cons to this company to be honest, most people here have been here for 8-15 years, which shows very low turn over rates. I can't think of one thing that I don't like about the company.

2. "Tough job"

Former Employee - Accounts Assistant in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Accounts Assistant in Naperville, IL

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked my supervisor and it was close to home

Cons

Being on the phone the entire workday minus 1/2 hour lunch and 15 minute break.
    Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is timed from how long it takes you to go to the bathroom to noting a customer issue or complaint to how long it takes to submit a customer order.

Advice to Management

Stop being "helicopter " management!

"disappointed overall with this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible hours, nice location that's about it

Cons

management, pay, work environment, no advancement

Advice to Management

Managers micro manage. Mid Level managers are lazy and blame their failed projects on others. Constantly request information that is never provided. CED dept is a joke. Management is more interested in going on trips and drinking all the time.

5. "Awesome Company to Work For!!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Arlington, TX

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are great! We have had some major medical issues in our family and our Medical Insurance i have to say is one of the best.. Even some of the Providers have commented on how good our insurance is. The 401K benefits, is another example of how MultiPlan cares about their employees future. Another great perk is our PTO!!!
    Management in my opinion, is one of the best teams I have ever worked for! You always know where you stand, good or bad and that to me says something. We have been growing rather quickly and that is a testament to MultiPlan's position in the industry. MultiPlan prides themselves with promoting from within when they can allowing current employees the first chance at advancement. Pay in my mind is also, pretty competitive and we have a great Training Dept.
    I have been with the company 15+ years and I can see myself retiring here.

Cons

As anywhere you go, there are always going to be pros & cons. NO company, I don't care what anyone says, is going to be 100% perfect! BUT I can say of all places I have worked, this truly is the best one!

Advice to Management

I would say keep doing what you do! We have a great Management Team. Kuddos to all!

6. "I'd like to retire from here!"

Current Employee - Claims Resolution Supervisor in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Resolution Supervisor in Arlington, TX

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Management recognizes great work and the company offers great benefits. They recognize talent and promote from within. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive management team! My personal experiences have guided me into Management and supported my drive to LEAD others. I recommend anyone to join and contribute to the success and growth of this company.

Cons

I've been here for 8+ years and I don't have an cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing & share your knowledge and experiences.

7. "Buisness analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Learning experience and enhancement to health care knowledge

Cons

None to share so far

Advice to Management

None so far

"VERY poor management"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arlington, TX

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close to home, Arlington is in the middle of everything

Cons

Race issues at this location are through the roof, if you are white you have lost what ever battle your fighting just because of your skin color. VERY LOW PAY, bad management, bullies and very dirty offices.

Advice to Management

Stop making your employees terrified to come to you and state their issues. Someone from New York HR needs to come and look into the out of control supervisor and manager cliques that are making a very stressful work environment in the Arlington office. Also when your HR person is related to your manager you will hit a closed door every time you have an issue. Race issues need to be stopped immediately, this is a real issue and it is happening at this location. Pay your people more money, they put up with a lot. When you can not feed your family dinner NOR CAN YOU AFFORD HEALTHCARE yet get a report at the end of every day showing that you saved your clients $1,000,000.00 last year but you can not afford to go to a doctor or feed your family there is a BIG ISSUE. I am good at my job , I wanted to stay here forever, I have been looking for another job now for months, as soon as I can find one that pays my bills I'm gone.

9. "okay place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are really good. Great 401K match and bonuses.

Cons

I saw cliques, favoritism, and double-standards.

Advice to Management

when you ask to be taught and are willing to learn more about the job, teach that employee; don't side step.

"Laid back, but pay rate shows it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great flexibility regarding schedule, I like the majority of people in my office, benefits are decent. Good company to get your feet wet regarding back end of healthcare.

Cons

Zero training, micro management from upper management, pay scale is at least 20% under demographic average for same type of work, company seems very slow when it comes to hiring/interviewing/promoting people. No defined individual developmental plans, feels like a mom and pop operation as a whole, while not a terrible thing, not ideal for those that are career driven and like to be challenged and utilized based on their capabilities.

Advice to Management

Time to clean house, get rid of people that do not contribute to your teams by way of production, attendance, and poor team oriented attitudes. Talk to your employees like people, get to know them and you may just discover you have some very talented and motivated employees eager to fill the team lead/management positions you post on line and take months to fill. Increase rate of pay to at least match demographic and or national averages, while it's been proven praising people for good work leads to better morale, their paycheck is what keeps them there.

11. "Network Development Specialist"

Former Employee - Network Development Specialist in Moreno Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Network Development Specialist in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people. Most are honest, sincere and helpful. Management is available when needed. Executive Management approachable and personable. Advancement opportunites are available to those who work hard and excel. The experience and industry knowledge you gain far exceeds what any formal education gives you.

Cons

Poor communication between departments regarding changes that impact the expectations each have of the other. This causes confusion and frustrations between departments, hindering everyone from working together with a common goal and being the best we can be. Increasing micro-management and less importance being placed on employee happiness.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and thrive as a company, but don't lose sight of the values, business ethics and integrity that not only make a company successful, but also makes them GREAT. Happy employees are just as important #'s and $. With that said, I appreciate MPI for the many years of my employment and advancement given to me, and for the knowledge / experience I have gained. Wish I was still apart of it all, but I am not. None the less, I wish nothing but continued success for you MPI.