MultiPlan Reviews | Glassdoor

MultiPlan Reviews

Updated March 8, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Summer hours are from memorial day to labor day and include a 6 hour Friday work day (pay for 8 hours) (in 19 reviews)

• Management recognizes great work and the company offers great benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons

1. "Run, don't walk away!"

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, and 401k match

Cons

The environment is very toxic, especially when there is favoritism involved between managers and their direct reports. The pay is low, and they know it but don't care. It is like a revolving door!

Very sketchy, and downright questionable practices involving pay.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage, and value your employees. Stop paying your executives so much, while your low level employees are barely making above minimum wage.

2. "Revenue Specialist"

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time

Pros

flexible hours and nice coworkers

Cons

no advancement and it is very political to move up

Advice to Management

don't believe everything people tell you about one of your workers. tell them to mind their own business once and awhile

3. "Horrible company"

Former Employee - Senior IT Program Manager
    Former Employee - Senior IT Program Manager

I worked at MultiPlan (Less than a year)

Pros

Not sure of any pros here .... maybe the fact that the business side were involved and up to bar. They were generally sharp and knew their requirements. The pay as a consultant was decent, but I dont it was enough for me to keep working with such a messy company.

Cons

Where do I start?

1. The IT department was dysfunctional ... they were protective, biased towards the vendors that their top mgmt preferred and too controlling

2. the PMO did not have their act together ... they were all over the place .. did not have sound methodologies ... did not challenge the IT managers .. and were plain coordinators, not true Program/Project Managers

3. The place was dirtyyyyyyyyy ... if you go to the bathrooms, you can see roaches and napkins all over the place .... very non-hygenic

4. The developers (mainly from India) would bring their very smelly food every day to work (cos they wanted to save money!) .. and the place would just stink

Advice to Management

Get your act together .. stop playing favors .... get the right vendors to do the work .. and listen to your business users

5. "MultiPlan"

Former Employee - Resolution Specialist in Bedford, MA
    Former Employee - Resolution Specialist in Bedford, MA

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met a lot of great people. I was able to start work early. Overtime opportunities was offered. Fun coworkers.

Cons

People who have the same title and do the same thing can possibly receive two very different salaries. The one with the lowest might possibly do more work than the higher salary individual. Higher pay or better bonuses is needed for those who enter the company with degrees. Someone with a Bachelor's degree and years of experience in the healthcare industry shouldn't make the same or less than am entry level individual with no degree or experience. More career advancement opportunities is needed.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities and better pay to those with degrees and experience in the industry.

"Laid off while going through Chemotherapy"

Former Employee - Director, IT in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Director, IT in Irving, TX

Pros

I enjoyed my job and I believed I was a good manager for this company. My direct reports enjoyed having me as a manager. I miss the people who reported to me as they were hard working intelligent individuals.

Cons

I was diagnosed with Cancer in February, got my first bad review a month later. I worked very hard for this company. I even took my work with me to the hospital and to the chemotherapy appointments. I got shingles in June and at the end of August I was laid off. Nothing I did was ever good enough for my manager. He did not want me to be successful in my job.

Advice to Management

Work harder to help your employees. Especially when they are dealing with a personal crisis.

"You'll be looking for another job within a year!"

Current Employee - Network Development Executive
    Current Employee - Network Development Executive

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours. Summer work hours (off every Friday 2 hours early). Great bonuses.

Cons

No room for advancement. #'s driven. Everyone out for them selves. Very competitive environment. Management is unfair & stick together so keep your comments/concerns to yourself. It'll go no where! Your only as good as your last contract.

8. "Decent place to work"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Bedford, MA

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, short Fridays in summer, great entry level positions

Cons

Numbers-orientated, division among management and staff, work can be tedious

Advice to Management

Have smaller teams to manage, hire more people

"petty mangement"

Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Arlington, TX

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flex hours, summer hours, can borrow PTO up to 40hrs medical insurance is affordable for people with children, all of the reviews that are positive are not from the Arlington location

Cons

no room to advance, don't pay enough for the work they have you doing, policy and procedures change on a weekly and sometime daily basis, upper management act like kids, quarterly bonus is not an incentive when they find ways to keep you from getting it

Advice to Management

all of the management team in the Arlington office need to take a look at themselves and learn how to more respectful to there employees

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at MultiPlan (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance and co-workers are caring and supportive. Had issues with higher level management in the past but they have done a lot to improve the environment. Great time off policies for starting employees.

Cons

Sorely underpaid evaluations of positions. They are 20-25% below market value for their positions in the healthcare industry. HR is not great to work with. Very pro management and not balanced to assist employees. Bonus program is hard to achieve high level pay out.

Advice to Management

Evaluate HR staff-slow to respond during hiring process and hard to fill position when hiring manager. Really need to evaluate pay scale. I left and walked out the door making 25% more with same bonus payout potential and time off.

11. "MultiPlan IT"

Current Employee - SQA Analyst in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - SQA Analyst in Bedford, MA

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits, can work from home when necessary, friendly envionment

Cons

not sure what to write here