Multiband Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

2.2

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very cheep DirecTv, Company van if you last long enough to get one (in 3 reviews)

• Techs were all nice people willing to help (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no pay increases in 7 years (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management will not support them, but will throw them under the bus (in 6 reviews)

1. "."

Pros

Exciting industry to work in

Cons

Very long hours and very little support from upper management.

"Dont bother applying"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Multiband full-time

Pros

Not Dealing with no one. No supervision

Cons

Where do I start. This new hourly pay scale now screws us over. Now we do more work for even less pay, We are expected to bend over backwards to get a job done, Management treat us like second class citizens. You never know when you are going home. Everyday is unexpected. Sometimes the customer is not there. The house is filthy guess what you are doing the job. Customer makes a request guess what you are doing it unless its unsafe. Snow storm outside guess what you are doing it. Its below 0 outside and it is hard to do this work with winter gloves. The things you have to do just for someone to watch tv is ridiculous. Carrying bricks up flights of stairs. Carrying bricks up ladders. Digging your arms off to put a pole mount. All the crap you have deal with you have to manage to get a good Net Promoter Score. IF you are a new tech you better have no life for next few months. You will being going home as late as midnight if you get stuck at a job. There is no loyalty to the employees. The gave us a pay cut without even a warning. They made us sign an agreement during tech meeting. Take or leave at, big slap to the face.

Advice to Management

Stop treating us like second class citizen. Stand up for the employees

3. "Not worth the hassle"

Former Employee - Installation Tecbnician in Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Installation Tecbnician in Portland, ME

I worked at Multiband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On your own for the most part unless you have a problem that you need a supervisor for. Option to use your own vehicle with mileage reimbursement

Cons

They do not care about the people in the Field doing all of the work. Sometimes you may need help and no one is available so you are stuck

Advice to Management

Maybe think about the people that are actually out there making you money. Instead of looking at policy as the end all be all

"Blue collar physical labor job with no advancement."

Former Employee - Field Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Multiband full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent training, in the class and in the field. Techs were all nice people willing to help. Company van and equipment. Not much else as far as a job/career.

Cons

I only lasted 3 months which includes training. I had previous experience in a labor type of job. Leaving this job was the best decision I made. I can't say anything bad about the company itself, as it did what it was supposed to do. The bad part is the actual job. Never know when you will get off, very frustrating work, running out of equipment frequently, almost everyday was a constant battle of problem after problem. You will have no life as you can't make accurate plans. You will make bad money, livable at best. You will have a low status blue collar job, so not for the ambitious.

Advice to Management

Supervisors always were very helpful and worked very hard. I have nothing to complain about as far as how well employees worked. Great people, bad job.

5. "Field Supervisor"

Former Employee - Field Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Field Supervisor in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

The technicians and customers were great to work with.

Cons

Upper management had no feelings toward the supervisors or the technicians for that matter. Never praised and nothing was ever good enough.

Advice to Management

Allow those that understand the job to do what works.

6. "Sales"

I worked at Multiband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice company, good environment, nice people.

Cons

Bad pay, weekend hours, no upward mobility.

7. "Hard work, but good job."

Former Employee - Satellite Technician in Bartlett, TN
    Former Employee - Satellite Technician in Bartlett, TN

I worked at Multiband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked out of the Memphis office, which had some amazing people there. The workplace was good, the people helped you out. Pay could be great, but that depends entirely upon you. There was a real sense of accomplishment when you were done with the day.

Cons

The work was hard, there's no doubt about that. While the training was excellent, nothing can prepare you for what you're going to see in some of these jobs. Hours were incredibly long, because you stay until the work is done and until you've cleared your job list. Dispatch had no problems throwing you new appointments ten minutes before your window was over.

Advice to Management

None, really. It's a hard business, and our office management was outstanding. They worked hard to help the techs and facilitate our operations in any way they could.

Multiband Response

Nov 30, 2015 – Goodman Networks

We appreciate your hard work! Thank you for taking time to write a review!

8. "installer"

Former Employee - Senior Tech for Advanced Products in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Tech for Advanced Products in Houston, TX

I worked at Multiband full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

99% of the time, there is always an install. Fellow techs are helpful and bonds are made. Company provided vehicle and most of the tools required for the job. Company benefits, though the insurance could be better. Company paid for 95% of your own Directv, all channels including HBO, Showtime, Cinemax were all free. Only thing you had to pay for was the rental of the receiver up to 4 total at $7 bucks each. Not a bad deal to get all channels, free HD, free DVR all for $28 bucks a month. Typical cost to a customer with the same package is $150+ a month.

Cons

They preach "safety" to you at your weekly tech meetings but when your out in the field, "safety" goes out the window when it comes to getting the job done. They threaten you with loss of job if caught getting off your ladder, yet when there is a dish that needs to be removed or relocated and getting off the ladder is required to do this, they tell you to get the job done. A supervisor is supposed to bring out a harness to you and supervise unsafe conditions, but the company only has ONE harness which is kept at the office. Your 60 miles away from the office, the supervisor is out in the field and will not go back. They tell you to do it anyways. If you refuse, you get written up for insubordination.

You never really know when your going to be home/done for the day. You only get to see one job at a time on your route until you finish the job, then another job pops up. There were times I would complete my 4th or 5th install for the day, it would be 8pm and your being told to go do another job. That other job could take up to 4 hours to complete. Many many times I was up in a customers attic and it was Midnight. Regardless, they still expect you be onsite to the next days install by 8am or your written up.

This is a very 2-faced company to work for, where they tell everyone one thing, but when it comes down to it, tell you the exact opposite. The company, both Multiband and Directv are very very serious about Customer Satisfaction. So much so that rather lose a customer because their home is unsanitary, unsafe, customer is being rude to you because they do not like what they have to pay, they make you do the job anyway. If you refuse, they will not route you the following day and will get someone else to go out to do the job, in which, now that person is going to have issues with you.

House has fecies from pets smeared in the carpet, your still doing the job. Customer has large heavy furniture that needs to be moved so you have access to the wall behind it. Your moving that furniture. Customer wants "custom" work done, such as wall drops, mounting the dish on a pole instead of the roof, mirroring a receiver to another room etc. etc. but doesnt want to pay as required. Rather than lose the customer, YOU are doing the custom work FOR FREE and you do NOT get paid for the hours worked, you get paid PER BOX installed. PERIOD!!! So, if you installed 3 boxes, yet had 2 hours of custom work to do, so the whole job took you 4-5 hours to complete, you ONLY get paid for those 3 boxes. And then you have a supervisor blowing up your phone CONSTANTLY about why you are not onsite to your next install.

You MUST have very VERY thick skin to last at this job. You have to listen to upset customers (which 50% of the time, they are upset). You MUST be willing to work in ALL weather conditions. Rain, Ice, Snow, Freezing winds, Sahara Heat. Yes, pouring down rain, they expect you to still install that dish on the roof.

Say goodbye to your family, you will not be seeing them much, especially during peak times of the year. I know this to be VERY true, I lasted 4 years.

Advice to Management

Does not matter what I say here, Management will not do a thing. Its all about Customer Satisfaction.

"The people were good, management was poor"

Pros

good people, challenging environment. This place had a family atmosphere

Cons

low pay, and also expect you to work hard for that low pay.

10. "Goodman Networks overhaul"

Former Employee - Sales

Pros

Fun people to work with

Cons

Goodman networks fired everyone in the company