Multimedia Games Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Things are changing"

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people still left

Cons

There's definitely a difference between Multimedia Games and Everi Games.

Advice to Management

Stop doing what you're doing. Just about all of it.

2. "Get your IT Plan together!"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people in a great town. Fun products with list of creative opportunities!

Cons

Seriously bad at merging technology. Living in Austin provides an opportunity to see different companies merge and join forces. This merger is so clunky! It's been months and the tech systems are not even united yet. Communication is terrible because of this and it's really hard to share things with the Vegas side with such technology problems. And there hasn't been any plan announced to fix any of it! Open enrollment is even being done on two different systems.

Advice to Management

Get your IT house in order! We are trying to become one company but it's really hard when we all still work on different systems TEN MONTHS AFTER MERGER!!

"Run as fast as you can!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

The only pro left are the employees in Austin.

Cons

Too many to count. Worst company ever since GCA took over.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they would not listen anyway. Top heavy & all they care about is padding their pockets.

"What happened?"

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time

Pros

Hard to say. A lot of what made this company so inviting and welcoming years ago is gone.

Cons

A lot of high school mentality, it feels like people are out to get you.

Decisions seem to be based on the mood of those in charge.

A LOT of inconsistency in terms of whats acceptable and what is not for work and everything under the sun. One higher-up will say its okay, another one will say its not. Some people may get called in for doing X, while another wont be told its an issue at all. Makes it very difficult to know what you really need to do.

Culture has changed drastically. What was once a welcoming, friendly and family-like work environment has become what feels to be very toxic - a lot of that which comes from upper management and trickles down to employees.

No longer competitive salary. Doesnt help that a lot of achievements or diligent work will be overlooked.

Supervisors can tend to throw people under the bus or jump ship immediately.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate your upper management team and delegate more power to keep everyone calmer. Its not a healthy environment when things are based on peoples' moods. Because of this a lot of employees fear speaking up because they also don't want to burn bridges or risk bad reviews. Particularly in the dev department.

"Hopeful but going downhill"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MGAM used to be a great company and I have hopes that it will be again. Flexible work schedule good benefits, fun events and nice coworkers all make working here fun and rewarding.

Cons

Since our GCA acquisition, things have gone downhill. Fun events and employee YEI rewards systems have been cut, workloads have doubled and all of us have a sense that we're being used until they can feasibly get rid of us (despite many announcements to the contrary). Our executive team is more interested in a rushed pace to accommodate an arbitrary integration deadline than to take the time to get things right. This pace does not allow us to properly implement processes and complete testing which will leave us with system fallout issues for years to come. Work smarter is not a concept that is being demonstrated here recently.

Advice to Management

Stop killing the culture of the company you just paid big dollars to acquire. Communication is key and that doesn't mean standing in front of us for 15 minutes on an occasional visit while spouting announcements contrary to your actions. Allow both sides of our new team to demonstrate their skill rather than have them scurry through your unnecessarily quick deadlines for integration. All you are doing is making a bigger mess to clean up later most likely with your truly skilled staff already gone.

"Not bad"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, good family environment

Cons

lack of direction from senior management

Advice to Management

Focus on building a software company with the standards of today.

"QA"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, discounts on food, plenty of events, low stress compared to other QA jobs. Team oriented friendly.

Cons

Hard to move up. All the executives that made this company successful and a great place to work have been let go by GCA. No option to work from home. Many good people leaving since GCA took over.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture that was successful for us the past 4 years.

"Voted one of the best places to work in Austin by its employees for many years in a row ... BUT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall a really GREAT place to work!
    - A growing company in the casino industry
    - Flexible work hours
    - Great work/life balance
    - Generous snack subsidy and choices
    - Super casual dress code
    - A lot of training opportunity if you want it
    - Depending on the group, you get to work with a bunch of fun people
    - Does things to show employee appreciation

Cons

- Company just got bought by another casino-related company and has started laying people off
    - New executives changed bonus payout to once a year instead of every quarter depending on goals met
    - Not sure yet if new executives are going to start messing with the great atmosphere here
    - Not a lot of opportunity for career growth. People seem to be able to do career advancement after they leave.

Advice to Management

This has been a REALLY great place to work! Will your employees want to keep rating this company as one of Austin's best places to work? Be careful what you do with this place. I know you spent a lot of money to buy us but that doesn't mean you need to come in and gut this place.

"A Breath of Fresh Air"

Current Employee - Business Applications Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Applications Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I took a giant leap leaving my previous job of 7 years to move to Austin but boy am I glad I did. Multimedia Games has opened a door to me that I never knew existed. There are actually thriving companies out there that genuinely care about their employees?? Working here is truly like working beside family and friends. Sure, everyone has their disagreements from time to time but it is not unusual for a random co-worker to ask you to join them at lunch or play a few rounds of ping pong (table provided by the company) during break to de-stress. The company as a whole has shown more concern for their people than any other place I have worked for. As mentioned before, they provide fun games and activities to help their employees to relax and recharge as well as the many activities planned throughout the year. We are even in the process of forming a wellness group for the employees, by the employees.
    Opportunity for advancement is also very strong within MGAM. If you do the job that is given to you with enthusiasm and precision, it will be noticed and when opportunity that fits your skill set opens up, you will be considered. I have been fortunate enough to be promoted twice within the past two years.
    This environment they have created greatly encourages our teams to be enthusiastic about our work days and to come together as one to tackle any goals in our path. Creativity and candidness are truly embraced here. Compared to where I came from, I can't be anything but thrilled to be working here.

Cons

Our communication and organization could be a bit more improved throughout the company but I think that's the case with most companies. We have already come very far on this topic.

Advice to Management

Keep politics to a minimum and lets hold onto our company culture for as long as possible!

"It's an awesome company that allow artists to do what they love to do while treating them really well"

Current Employee - Artist I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Artist I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

high salary, great benefits, great training and management, not to mention the working hours are great and I still have a life as an artist.

Cons

I don't see anything bad with the company so far.

Advice to Management

I've seen a lot of personal growth as I work here in the company.