Multimedia Games Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Multimedia Games Interim CEO Michael D. Rumbolz
Michael D. Rumbolz
1 Rating

1. "Multimedia Games is a hidden gem in the Austin high tech gaming scene."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Multimedia Games has a great work-life balance.

Cons

The traffic on 360 is the only major downfall.

2. "Employee oriented company"

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time

Pros

-Growth and lateral move potential
    -Flexible work hours
    -Employee appreciation
    -Headed in the right direction in the industry

Cons

-Office is in a very inaccessible part of town

"Times have changed at MGAM!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GREAT work/life balance, everyone knows you by name not EEID, On the rise company with a start-up feel, casual dress/culture, and most importantly, even the CEO knows who you are!

Cons

Not MGAM's fault, but commute to corp HQ can be a pain some days.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees needs/wants and be more interactive around the office. Yes, your busy, but who isn't!!??

"It's an awesome company that allow artists to do what they love to do while treating them really well"

Current Employee - Artist I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Artist I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

high salary, great benefits, great training and management, not to mention the working hours are great and I still have a life as an artist.

Cons

I don't see anything bad with the company so far.

Advice to Management

I've seen a lot of personal growth as I work here in the company.

"Mature and growing company with great people."

Former Employee - Producer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Producer in Austin, TX

I worked at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with at every level. Has been steadily growing and expanding into new markets. Does a good job of offering career training and fun company activities. Bonus and stock option plans available.

Cons

Location of HQ is awful for the commute of pretty much everyone coming from any direction. The sale of company to Global Cash Access Holdings adds some uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Share the wealth with those that do the heavy lifting.

"A Breath of Fresh Air"

Current Employee - Business Applications Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Applications Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I took a giant leap leaving my previous job of 7 years to move to Austin but boy am I glad I did. Multimedia Games has opened a door to me that I never knew existed. There are actually thriving companies out there that genuinely care about their employees?? Working here is truly like working beside family and friends. Sure, everyone has their disagreements from time to time but it is not unusual for a random co-worker to ask you to join them at lunch or play a few rounds of ping pong (table provided by the company) during break to de-stress. The company as a whole has shown more concern for their people than any other place I have worked for. As mentioned before, they provide fun games and activities to help their employees to relax and recharge as well as the many activities planned throughout the year. We are even in the process of forming a wellness group for the employees, by the employees.
    Opportunity for advancement is also very strong within MGAM. If you do the job that is given to you with enthusiasm and precision, it will be noticed and when opportunity that fits your skill set opens up, you will be considered. I have been fortunate enough to be promoted twice within the past two years.
    This environment they have created greatly encourages our teams to be enthusiastic about our work days and to come together as one to tackle any goals in our path. Creativity and candidness are truly embraced here. Compared to where I came from, I can't be anything but thrilled to be working here.

Cons

Our communication and organization could be a bit more improved throughout the company but I think that's the case with most companies. We have already come very far on this topic.

Advice to Management

Keep politics to a minimum and lets hold onto our company culture for as long as possible!

"QA"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, discounts on food, plenty of events, low stress compared to other QA jobs. Team oriented friendly.

Cons

Hard to move up. All the executives that made this company successful and a great place to work have been let go by GCA. No option to work from home. Many good people leaving since GCA took over.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture that was successful for us the past 4 years.

"Improving Daily."

Current Employee - Artist
    Current Employee - Artist

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time

Pros

Fun and productive work environment, fantastic career training, and great benefits. Teamwork is actively encouraged, and opportunities to collaborate, troubleshoot, and learn make working here incredibly rewarding. Despite growing pains, company is picking up steam. Excited to see what we can achieve in the coming years, and highly optimistic for the future of this company.

Cons

Growing pains are difficult, but will likely fade through active and transparent communication. It would be fantastic to create the sense of a cohesive team among all studios and locations.

Advice to Management

We want to help! Communicate actively and recognize the individual needs of each studio, and let us know what's going on.

"A quick, basic review of the company."

Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX

Pros

Fast Paced environment. Company Barbeque's. Fun and exciting projects. Co-workers are fun, friendly, and intelligent.

Cons

Company seems to spread itself thin in new product development. While this can be attributed to the industry's demands, it would be nice to see growth in the use of products already in the market.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on acquiring/developing new game titles to expand our selection in current markets. Seek out additional markets that can utilize our existing products.

"Getting better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

No dress code
    New management making better decisions
    Ping Pong ladder tournaments weekly. Even the execs play
    Hard work is now recognized and rewarded

Cons

No clear vision of the future of the company from upper management
    Cost cutting started to get irritating, hard to fund projects or back-fill needed positions

Advice to Management

Keep making good financial decisions, however, you need to figure out how to hold on the the remaining talent... And perhaps even attract some new talent? The stock has gone up since all the cost cutting, but without talented employees you won't have a product to sell.