Murad Reviews

Updated May 13, 2022

Found 152 of over 157 reviews

2.9
Murad Chief Executive Officer Paul Schiraldi (no image)
Paul Schiraldi

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Murad and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

It was a great place to work.

Apr 21, 2022 - International Shipping Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and a great place to work.

Cons

Company owned by Unilever and Unilever decided to shutdown the Distribution Center

2. 1.0

Toxic Culture, Long Hours, Low Pay

May 13, 2022 - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The products actually work. Dr. Murad is a very genuine, heart centered person . Additional summer PTO

Cons

Leadership- there is a negative culture here that stems from intense, egotistical pressure to act & perform a specific way or else be an embarrassment. People are promoted because they work long hours and are obedient, not because of their innovation or skills. ‘That decision is above my pay grade.’ - a saying commonly heard at this company because everyone is doing what they are told even though it doesn’t make sense. Teams are stretched- if someone is out of the office projects are piled on to someone else’s job who is already doing the work of multiple people. Despite being a large organization, teams are lean. Low pay and barely any raises. It’s expectation that employees do not receive a raise or if you go above and beyond, at most 2% raise. Push to be in the office for it’s ‘culture’ yet employees want to WFH. Many unicorn employees have left for remote roles.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Borderline toxic

Apr 13, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The products are very effective

Cons

The Leadership was not trustworhty

Murad Response

Hi there. Thank you for your honest feedback. With new Leadership in place (including our CEO) and a few org changes, we are hopefully heading in the right direction to decrease turnover and increase transparency and trust across the organization.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

two steps back

Feb 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing products, Dr. Murad, Wellness philosophy and company efforts to live Dr. Murad's purpose.

Cons

Things aren't the same since the old CEO left Role stayed open for some time contributing to more un-certainty. The direction of the company has shifted, some of the leadership was let go and massive turn over the last several months. We lost some very good people (including CEO). I've been with the company for some time and felt like we finally got over the "hump" and was very confident in the outlook of the company. Nothing is ever perfect but feels like we took two steps back.

4 people found this review helpful

Murad Response

Thank you for submitting this feedback. There have been a number of changes within the organization over the last few years; we understand why you feel this way. By gathering data from Glassdoor, engagement & pulse surveys, and exit interviews, we hope to do better for our employees. We solicit feedback and listen; everyone's voice and opinion matter. Thanks for sticking with us - hopefully you will see the positive and effective changes in the coming months!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Feb 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks, pto, flex, office location

Cons

Nothing! It’s been a great experience so far!

Murad Response

Thank you for submitting this feedback! We love to hear when we're doing the right things, and so glad to hear your experience as a new employee has been a positive one. We appreciate our employees and value everyone that works at Murad. Free snacks and drinks are just an added perk ;)

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stay away from this company

Mar 18, 2022 - Director of Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really good people are still left at this company but planning to leave Dr. Murad himself and his products Good product discounts

Cons

Extremely toxic and blame culture Very poor and incapable leadership Things don't get done here Employees are burned out and not supported Almost everyone that I know of are planning to leave the company

4 people found this review helpful

Murad Response

Thank you for submitting this honest feedback about Murad. We know it's been a tough ride over the last couple of years, but with new Leadership onboard, and new processes underway, we hope to strengthen the culture and support our employees better. We value employees' feedback, every voice matters, and our plan is to continue elevating the employee experience by actioning feedback and data gathered by our engagement and pulse surveys.

7. 1.0

Eh

Mar 8, 2022 - Global Vice President of Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well - but money isn't everything

Cons

Too many to list - maybe it's changed under Unilever

8. 1.0
    Current Employee

Murad is trying to improve but leadership is ruining it

Feb 24, 2022 - General
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, Dr. Murad, products, under the Unilever umbrella.

Cons

Murad as a company seems to be trying to show appreciation for their employees. The problem is that there is still leadership in the company that play games with their teams so they don't have to be accountable and can pass the blame to them. Murad could be a great place to work if they can get involved in how the teams are managed so that the work environment can be less toxic/stressful and the good people will stay.

Murad Response

Thank you for submitting this honest feedback. We have new Leadership in place, starting at the top with our CEO, and we hope to make the right decisions moving forward by putting our people first. A compensation study is underway, there are plans to expand our benefits & perks and make them more inclusive moving forward.

9. 2.0

Review

Dec 10, 2021 - Accounting
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discounted products offered to employees.

Cons

Management. High turnover in recent months.

10. 2.0

Clinical Beauty Brand

Nov 19, 2021 - Senior Director Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unique Brand DNA in Industry

Cons

Strong in Brick and Mortar Historic

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 152 Reviews

Murad Reviews FAQs

Murad has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 157 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at Murad to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -16% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Murad employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Murad. This rating has decreased by -15% over the last 12 months.

48% of Murad employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Murad 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Murad to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Murad Job Seekers