Murad Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Richard Murad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great products-best in the business (in 8 reviews)

• Inclusive Health Environment, Nice people, service oriented company, easy going atmosphere (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management always changing and so do the rules, salaries etc (in 14 reviews)

• Large territory - work/life balance was almost non existent (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Future"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Murad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Murad is a company that has gone through a lot of changes of the last two years due to the buy out by Unilever. Unilever is developing the much needed rebranding of Murad. From a field point of view the changes are positive. When I started I had 37 stores to cover, now I have only 21. We are provided lots of tools and the expectation is the same as any other company, make your goals. Lots of support from my Regional and VP and my peers.

Cons

I think the negative is that there is a level of uncertainty about what the future is with a big company like Unilever owing a former family run company.

Advice to Management

Stay steady and keep everyone informed.

"No work life balance"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Murad full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They give great tools to learn

Cons

You never have an actual day off. There expected you to work more than what they pay you .

Advice to Management

You dnt pay us 7 days a week let us have days off!!!

"Was good"

Former Employee - Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Murad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were amazing! The spa perks were great. Dr murad is a wonder person. I loved the hikes and events. Office space was fun. The products are great.

Cons

Promotions were all politics. Upper management was difficult. They never knew what they were doing . Tell you one thing and changed their mind

Advice to Management

Need to do an overhaul. This place use to be great!

"Part of a Team"

I worked at Murad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training environment. Our team felt really strong from the beginning, but after some shifts and realignments, our team did the best we could at the time to come together and push forward. I am not certain the teams left at Murad have the same morale.

Cons

Large territory - work/life balance was almost non existent.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with Regional decisions and put solid plans in place to achieve results. This will result in teams feeling more supported and uplifted. That there are in fact answers to questions.

"Not what it used to be"

I have been working at Murad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dr. Murad, connected beauty, nice corporate office, good skincare products and decent discount for employee purchases. Salary and benefit are good.

Cons

Management!! When a VP refers to themselves as the angel of death at Murad I think you have very big troubles. This company was built on an idea of inclusive health and work/life balance. In the past two years all of that has been killed by the management. Management does not lead by example or inspiring teams to work harder, they only have threats. Eventing literally every single weekend

Advice to Management

Replace management with leaders who know how to inspire and motivate. As many other reviews have stated....cut the cancer out! The entire field team has turned in the last two years and business is still terrible. Time to turn the management team.

"Designer"

Pros

People, culture, and environment has been a really great experience. It's a great place to work!

Cons

There is no cons that the company carries as it tries to live a positive message within the company as well as the brand itself.

"lies and more lies"

I have been working at Murad full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros at all. You do not even get free products.

Cons

The vp. That is the con. Her regionals are forced to inflict horrendous things upon their teams. The vp wants everyone to work 7 days a week. You are not allowed to have a weekend off. You are expected to work while on vacation.
    This company has gone bananas.

Advice to Management

I read on a previous review that they needed to eliminate the cancer. They haven't. It feels hopeless.

"Happy Camper"

I have been working at Murad full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Although it is not a Family run business any longer, it still feels like it. What other company out there offers an Inclusive Health Day? You get day off to enjoy life. Do what you want with whomever you want. No questions asked. It doesn't come off your sick or vacation time. It is for your well being. Who else offers to pay you to go to the beach or a museum for the day? The CEO sent out an email when the last big rainstorm was about to hit for everyone to leave a half day early to get home before the storm. Perks are great and there are many of them working at Murad. But the people make it happen. Friendly, fun, caring people. And really. Who doesn't like Dr. Murad? The man is awesome. And he makes great products that really work.
    Don't believe all the negative posts you read abut Murad. I wouldn't be here over 10 years if I didn't love this place.

Cons

A lot of negative comments have been posted about Murad. You tell me where there is a place to work that is perfect. Perfect leaders. Perfect work schedule. Perfect direction. The fact is every employer has something people will complain about. You can't please everyone. Murad is no different. There are people saying bad things about Murad. Personally, I don't think they are happy people inside. Is Murad the best place to work in Southern California? No. Is Murad a great place to work in So Cal? Yes. We have our faults like any other company. But Upper Management is trying to fix those faults. They could be turning their heads in the opposite direction to ignore these complaints I keep reading. But they are more interested in fixing those faults than the people are writing about them. They just want to complain. Murad will listen and will improve the situation.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to improve the way you have been. There must be a few bad apples in the bunch if people are writing what they are writing. Show them the door. It's a new time for Murad. Be transparent. Share information within departments. Get out of the silos and include everyone in all departments. I've already seen improvements in these areas. Keep the momentum going.

9. "Esthetician"

Former Employee - Esthetician in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Esthetician in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Murad full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff and nice Clients

Cons

Upper management always changing and so do the rules, salaries etc. Now the company has been bought out.

Advice to Management

Stop changing everything with every new manager

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Murad full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dr. Murad and the Regional Sales Managers.

Cons

*Upper Management-VP, hasn't been in the field for a long time and clearly has forgotten where she came from. There are things that we don't have control of like weather, foot traffic, store support, and the economy.

Advice to Management

Step back into our shoes and visit stores more often and see that what we're telling you is the truth, not just an excuse. Most importantly, launch affordable options to our core products so we can be competitive in the marketplace. Please stop cutting our freelance budget. Our loyal contractors depend on hours for their livelyhood. "Loyalty is a two way street!" Lastly, quit asking your team to write positive reviews on Glassdoor. Don't you realize that it is you that needs to change?