KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Music Tribe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2021

Found 33 of over 335 reviews

3.8
Music Tribe Chief Disruptor  Uli Behringer (no image)
Uli Behringer
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really Great People and Nice Perks

Jul 26, 2021 - Face Graphics Specialist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Music Tribe is a great company to work for, it is a continuously growing company led by great people with great plans for the company. The employees are well compensated and are provided with other great benefits as well. One of the best things about working for Music Tribe is getting to work with wonderful people. Leaders and peers are very approachable, always willing to lend a hand and make everyone feel welcomed. Music Tribe is a great place to grow your career, besides learning how to effectively collaborate with other people. You won’t feel stagnant here since the company is always evolving, along with the market.

Cons

Working for Music Tribe is challenging since, in order to embrace the digital transformation initiative, work hours are typically longer. With our already fast-paced environment, along with the ongoing digital transition, our workload just seems to pile up and we sometimes lose the concept of time. But I believe that this digital transformation will also benefit us in the future, helping us finish our work faster and serving the customers better.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

A Company with an Excellent Working Environment

May 23, 2021 - CI Specialist in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Music Tribe has a lot of pros. Aside from the good salary and benefits, the awesome people that I get to work help make my working experience here even better. Being able to work alongside people who think the same and have a united goal motivates me and makes me feel productive. The management also offers us a lot of support and because of that, there is so much room to grow as a professional.

Cons

I absolutely cannot find any cons in Music Tribe. From the compensation, benefits, leaders, co-workers, culture and environment, everything about the company is great. I don’t see any downside working here.

11 people found this review helpful

Creative Media Specialist

If you really like to learn more about Music Tribe, please visit www.facebook.com/groups/MyMUSICTribe and contact our Tribers directly to get firsthand and honest feedback.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Great Company with Opportunities for Growth

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Software Test Engineer in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

In the midst of a pandemic, having a work-from-home setup allows us to do our jobs without having to worry about health concerns associated with stepping outside. This is something that I am very grateful for because there have been people who have lost their jobs and have had to find a new way to make a living. But Music Tribe was concerned about our safety and immediately made sure we were taken care of. My responsibilities as a Senior Software Test Engineer include evaluating overall systems using appropriate testing techniques and tools, identify and create test scenarios and documentation, develop scripts to run automated scripts, record defects and issue reports. The assignments for the projects on which I've worked allowed for a wide range of skill applications. Employees are encouraged to think outside the box and listen to new ideas, therefore we are allowed to explore different testing technologies. This allows me to discover new technologies and add more to my knowledge. There aren't enough kind things to say about my coworkers. Extremely talented, skilled and diligent individuals who work well together. I love working with them because it becomes a place where you’d want to excel in whatever you do because everyone around you is doing the same. We all want to succeed together. People are fairly open-minded as well, so fitting in is not difficult. It’s easy to get along with the people of Music Tribe, you just have to talk to them to get to know them. Although Music Tribe is not a software company, you'll be surprised at how many opportunities you'll have to contribute to the development and improvement of websites and internal tools. It is noteworthy that the organization is committed to innovation based on current trends. They provide an excellent opportunity to acquire and learn new, cutting-edge technologies. This is what makes music Tribe a great company. We are ready to do a lot to make sure that our customers are getting only the best of what we can offer. The organization is changing its approach in order to achieve its aim of providing clients with life-changing experiences. The company's commitment to current-day innovation is impressive. It's a privilege to be a part of a growing company and to be growing as well.

Cons

Rapid change necessitates rapid adaptation. Some initiatives have tight deadlines, yet they are nevertheless feasible. It can be very challenging and overwhelming when you have a lot to work on and they all have the same deadlines. It can be very stressful so you have to be able to manage yourself and your time properly in order to meet those deadlines.

3 people found this review helpful

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I’ve Learned so Much Working in Music Tribe.

May 6, 2021 - Front End Developer in Kidderminster, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since I joined Music Tribe, I’ve managed to learn a lot of new things thanks to my team. They are the best part about Music Tribe and are willing to guide and lend a helping hand not just to me but to anyone that needs it. Their attitude has become an inspiration, making me want to do the same to newcomers. I’m one of the Front-End developers here and I handle a lot of web-related projects which need a lot of work and discipline. Each day at work is a challenge in problem solving but it’s so fulfilling once I get to solve something and improve my skills in the process. When that happens, it takes us one step closer to completing a project and makes me a better developer. My teammates have been instrumental in making sure everyone improves. With their guidance, I’ve been able to approach solving problems in different ways and constantly ask myself “Is this solution the most efficient?”, “Is this the best way of teaching someone?” I’m very grateful for them teaching me these things to make me a better person and mentor. The culture in Music Tribe is very friendly and professional. Office politics or gossip aren't things that anyone indulge in. People are genuinely passionate about their work and professional towards each other which results in the highest quality results that we all strive for. The Customer Obsession vision combined with a lot of determined people will only make Music Tribe succeed. Inspiring and encouraging one another has been ingrained in the culture of the company and this can only lead to great things for our customers and partners.

Cons

With Music Tribe being such a fast-paced company, there are a large number of projects that need development. This leads to extended working hours to meet deadlines. There’s very little work life balance which could burn someone out while requirements for a project can quickly change in the middle of development, forcing a restructure of the project to meet the deadline.

4 people found this review helpful

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Left for personal reasons, would re-apply to work here in a heartbeat.

May 8, 2019 - Software Engineer in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a musician, working on directly music-related equipment is a huge bonus. Not only has the work relevant to my interests in this way, but also intellectually satisfying - having to come up with solutions to non trivial problems on a regular basis. The work has also been remarkably un-repetitive compared to all other web dev work I am aware of, with certainly no month being the same. From a tech perspective, our team has been fully committed to working with the latest/ best technologies from Golang backend to React frontend. As a result of this I feel incredibly well qualified after 2-3 years of working here. The working environment is relaxed, with a very friendly team and office as a whole. Given the nature of the work here (R&D) there is great flexibility for pursuing new projects or ideas. Obviously there are requirements that are dictated from above, but the freedom the develop our own features etc has been really refreshing. Significant cultural diversity within the office.

Cons

There is a fairly constant process of utterly pointless re-organisation from the top down, largely originating from the CEO. However the impact of this on my day to day life has been minimal due to effective local/middle management. I imagine the effect of this is significantly worse for people in other parts of the business. Anything that requires approval from higher management than our office tends to take a very long time - from acquisition to repayment of expenses. Although it feels unfair to separate this from the state of both the software & music industries, gender diversity in the the Manchester office is unbelievably bad.

28 people found this review helpful

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Apr 26, 2021 - Senior Marketing Leader in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working at Music Tribe

Cons

Poor staff retention can lead to instability

4 people found this review helpful

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A Sinking ship.

Jun 26, 2021 - Software Test Engineer in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing colleagues Great location. Sets the bar low for your future employers.

Cons

Uli Behringer and his "transformation team"

6 people found this review helpful

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Strange and upsetting place to work - avoid

Apr 2, 2020 - Embedded Software Engineer in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some fantastic products have come out of the Manchester Music Tribe Office - the Behringer Deepmind synthesizer, the Midas Heritage D console. There are some great engineers and support staff working there. But that's about as far as it goes.

Cons

The company's owner/CEO and associated senior management in the far east. It is normally the job of a CEO to provide direction and strategy. But this is not a normal place to work. Micromanagement of people and projects from the very top is the norm. You might get lucky and have a good project manager insulating you somewhat from it. But I wouldn't bet on it. Priorities change on a whim and the business is subject to constant reorganisation. Which might not be too bad except that redundancies feature very regularly, with seemingly very little logic in who is subject to the chop. While I was there a number of dedicated, talented, hardworking people were let go mid project. Some of them left in tears. The company has a reputation for being reluctant to pay its bills. The Manchester building is falling apart with faulty windows, showers and toilets not being repaired. At one point rubbish started building up around the bins in the car park. Apparently the refuse collection company hadn't been paid. I would very strongly urge giving Music Tribe/Midas/Behringer a wide berth. Google the company and its brands. Listen to what people say about senior management. If you have a passion for audio or music, look elsewhere. People are treated appallingly. You may well be next.

29 people found this review helpful

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Internal Problems and Disrespectful Staffing

Mar 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Kidderminster, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The wide range of music gear - The amount of brands involved - The clients can be exciting, from time to time. - A handful of genuine audio / music fanatics - Some of the greatest minds of the industry, but quashed by CEO and higher management level beyond local management teams

Cons

- Disrespectful and Self-Centred Staff - No Staff Appreciation Schemes - No professional development and support - No innovation for products - No HR support - Uli Clones with zero empathy and courtesy for fellow colleagues - CEO is slave-driving teams regardless of what legal documents are available. - Staff morale is non-existent, staff are not valued. - No safety protocol / reporting for staff when issies arise when members when experiencing prejudice and inpolite, rude staff. - Unhealthy Work Environment. - No Contribution Recognition - Brand Acquisition and Destruction - No targets / staff guidlines - Workplace intimidation and bullying, this isn't reported up because there isn't a system in place to safeguard employees.

25 people found this review helpful

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

An intellectually barren company which is masquerading as a professional audio manufacturer

Sep 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

5yrs ago the brands & products in the portfolio were the very best of the best before chaotic and incompetent management, visions and idiotic strategies started ruining the very ethos on what these brands long history and heritage had achieved. It used to be a pleasure to work for and represent the brands, but for the last couple of years quite frankly I was embarrassed. Some of the people still left and not chewed up & spat out are, however, excellent. The pay was good, but there are literally no benefits apart from a pretty rudimentary healthcare plan, and all the negatives and working conditions along with all the stuff you have to pay for yourself such as travel, phone etc pretty much negate the benefits of a decent salary.

Cons

I liken this company to a film set on a western movie....the facade looks normal, there’s the saloon and the hotel and the store and the barbershop etc, but behind this illusion there is a bit of scaffolding and a vast expanse of nothingness, just desert and the odd tumbleweed......as an organisation they are intellectually barren, there are hardly any clever people left, just yes-men and people prepared to do literally almost anything to cling on to their jobs by their fingernails (as is evident from the many, many false positive reviews which they are forced to post on this site....6 months ago MusicTribe had a 1.5 star rating on here, but employees are forced to write good reviews and hey presto, almost 4 stars in 6 months, go figure). If you question anything, and I mean ANYTHING that the CEO and/or COO propose then your name is on a list which can mean only one thing, within a few months you’re gone. The amount of really top drawer, highly intellectual and talented people that have been forced out of this organisation over the past 5yrs is truly astounding and, to be frank, quite shameful. But the problem is that If you’re a clever person then you do question things, and challenge decisions....particularly when they’re idiotic and any normal person can see that they make no sense....but if you dare challenge then prepare for the worse, you’re out the door. Hence, there are almost no designers or creative people left. The once great brands that were the jewels in the crown of the professional audio industry are now simply dried out husks of what they once were, it’s utterly shameful and in my three decades of working with some of the very best brands in this industry I’ve never seen such a case of poor management, decision making and appalling product development, or even close to it during my career. The whole ‘Customer Obsession’ mantra is a complete and utter sham, the CEO cares not one jot about the customer, the COO has never met a customer and wouldn’t know a customer if they smacked him in the mouth. It really is laughable how they keep banging on about Customer Obsession when in reality the customers who have spent millions & millions of dollars over the years (ie, the dealers & distributors) are treated with utter contempt....the people who did deal with them on a day-to-day basis and tried in vain to protect them from the daily & weekly u-turns, loss of business, complex service & sores procedures and utterly pathetic & embarrassing fulfilment model via a 3rd party organisation in Netherlands were all fired so that the e-commerce model could be implemented, but who in their right minds are going to order a $10k amp, a $35k console or a $100k line-array system from Amazon or Thomann or Sweetwater......REALLY?? I can tell you who, NOBODY, literally nobody, it’s insane, utterly insane. So, barmy business models aside and the lack of any potential to question, challenge or add or contribute anything to the organisation, let’s take a look at just some of the most idiotic decisions made in the past couple of years...and this is just a handful: A) Use a 3rd party ‘startup’ company using 2 staff and an experimental software system for order processing and another 3rd party warehouse to do all logistics and order processing for all brands for EMEA and APAC territory’s.......this did not go well, surprise surprise! B) Decide to switch off the CRM system holding ALL customer data without performing a backup....11 months later there is still no CRM system to replace it, so post-it notes and A4 pads rule the day, analogue-tastic! C) New ‘ultra-lean’ policies put in place where all offices have to throw out all filing cabinets, drawers, printers & photocopiers......just as pieces of paper and pens have become invaluable due to the idiot who turned off the CRM, so nowhere to file (and nobody ALLOWED to file) the data that is coming in on a day-to-day basis. C) The service or CARE dept is swamped, so let’s turn the phones off.....yes, that’s right, turn the phones off so nobody can reach out and speak to a human being, all enquiries to go though a web portal......which naturally doesn’t work very well. D) Let’s get rid of the retro-bonus scheme, this rendering dealer targets instantly and utterly pointless....a target without an incentive, that’ll work won’t it? Ummmm, nope. E) Travel ban! There shall be no travel, you shall not see your customers, they don’t matter, they’re not worth it, what do they give us? Ummmm....millions & millions of dollars Uli, and whilst we’re not allowed to see the, the guys from Harman & Yamaha etc are all over them like a rash! F) Turn ALL the phones off.....so we’re not allowed to go and see the customers, which means we have to call them instead.....oh, hang on, my phone doesn’t work, guess I’ll either have to use The Force or my own phone then. Nice one! G) Remove all sales team targets & bonuses so again, zero incentive to perform or overperform.....a sales team without an incentive scheme or any idea as to what revenue they’re required to bring in, what a thing to behold! H) Abolish the loan system, thus not enabling customers to test or demo samples of product.....so we can’t call them, can’t visit them, can’t show them product, can’t incentivise them in any way......but we CAN send a 15page PowerPoint document full of utter gobbledegook masquerading as a company ‘Vision’ (but is mainly a collection of ripped off LinkedIn contributions & graphics) to assure you of our Customer Obsession, that’ll help won’t it? Ummmm.....nope. I) Send out an email to the 100 top customers stating that you will be greatly reducing (by 90%) the dealer-base and unless you were able to offer a significant e-commerce model then you weren’t invited to the party.....classic! I could go on and on and on, but just suffice to say that having had 6 line managers in the space of 4 months, it was still beyond them to explain what my job role was or what they wanted me to do having had every tool in the box systematically removed and withdrawn. The competition are literally rubbing their hands together at the moment.....not only has the heart, soul & more importantly brains of the brands been dismissed & discarded, but the route to market is now so fractured and flawed that any serious players in the industry who is considering making a tens or perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars investment in any of these brands with zero support or feet on the ground would have to have their head examined.....and fortunately most people on this industry are very intelligent, shrewd operators.

46 people found this review helpful