Found 998 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Mutual of Omaha
Jobs in Finance
a month ago
I am an experienced Financial Consultant and Analyst having worked for Mass Mutual, Mutual of Omaha, PNC Bank, and PwC. Currently it has been two years since I have worked in the corporate world getting turned down for jobs during that time frame after going on multiple interviews and even willing to take less money and roles that I am over qualified to get my foot back in the door. Does anyone have any advice or leads to get past this situation.
a year ago
Could anyone refer me to any of these companies? Please DM me if so. Thank you! Vizient Elevance health Horizon Therapeutics Ryan LLC Jamf Splunk Blue Shield of California Tanium Inc. Stryker Corporation Hyatt Hotels Corporation World Wide Technology AbbVie Citrix Northwell Health Inc. Navy Federal Credit Union Allianz Experian OhioHealth ServiceNow Mutual of Omaha JM Family Enterprises Inc. Grainger Scripps Health Cox Enterprises Farmers Insurance Group Wellstar Health System Inc. Atlantic Health System
Got a burning question about Mutual of Omaha? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Mutual of Omaha employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and fair to their employees" (in 63 reviews)
- "The people are great and most are dedicated and willing to listen." (in 56 reviews)
- "The pay was good and tthey were understandable when it came down to attending to family business." (in 50 reviews)
- "Great culture and very inclusive" (in 45 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance No micromanaging Able to be you" (in 40 reviews)
- "Micro Management Structure suffocates organic growth" (in 47 reviews)
- "No salary.. commission only and you pay for expenses" (in 30 reviews)
- "You are promised training and a base salary which do not exist." (in 20 reviews)
- "Upper management is aware of the issue and working on ?resolving, however, a number of the younger staff adhear to the same philosophies and, change in ?general at Mutual takes years." (in 14 reviews)
- "Poor leadership" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Mutual of Omaha and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Nov 16, 2023Anonymous, Technology SideCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOmaha, NE
PTO, 401K Match, great teammates, remote work
My manager has no clue what I do. They’re in a completely business unit. It’s weird how they structure management. There is a push for new technology, but they have no idea how to accomplish it. It feels like a throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. We spend so much time in pre-planning followed by actual planning meetings. Agile works when projects are actually well thought out, but not on the fly. It’s a very cumbersome process and nothing actually gets done. I work with a lot of people who are at retirement age and there is a ton of resistance to change. I swear there is a person who creates chaos just so they can “fix” it to keep themselves in a job. This is also a person who is vocally against change. So it’s bandaid over bandaid over some of the most antiquated tech and processes I’ve ever seen. Incredibly micromanaged in all areas I’ve encountered. I took the job with the understanding I’d be in a particular role, however I’m not doing the work I was hired to do. I was sold a pack of lies.4
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023Software Engineer IICurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Work/Life Balance is good Management is open/honest in my area Opportunities to grow and move upward are always available to those willing to learn and better themselves Very advanced and well-developed technical stack for software engineering
Projects can move slow at times Some teams are higher performing than others leading to bottlenecks at times, but attention to this issue is given by management where/when needed
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Campus AmbassadorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHigh Point, NC
Great schedule you pick! Competitive pay Great coworkers
Can be difficult to find candidates. Not a job for a shy person
- 1.0Dec 1, 2023Customer Care RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearColumbia, SC
It was a remote position
Long hours, Micro Managed doesn't even begin to describe working for them. Promotions, transfers etc are all Popularity/favorites based. Worst work experience I had in my 30 year working career was with Mutual of Omaha. They hemorrhage employees saying that they pay great. They do not.
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOmaha, NE
1. Better benefits 2. Better pay 3. uses latest technologies 4. room for individual growth 5. Senior leadership values your input
none that I have know of
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Really intentional with building relationships and staying connected in a remote environment
High production role, doesn’t allow for a lot of time off calls
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023Customer Care Representative (CCR)Current Employee, less than 1 yearPrattville, AL
Time off, benefits, pay, environment, coworkers, ability to work from home
Haven't found any cons to this job yet. I'm on phones, so if you don't like phones I guess maybe that would be a con.
Mutual of Omaha Reviews FAQs
Mutual of Omaha has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,178 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Mutual of Omaha to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
75% of Mutual of Omaha employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mutual of Omaha 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.