My Insurance Expert Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lorne Zalesin

1. "Casual yet fun environment to work at!"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Expert in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Expert in Troy, MI

I have been working at My Insurance Expert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code, flexible work hours

Cons

They went out of business.

2. "My experience at MIE has been awesome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Pros

The best reasons to work here are the people, the culture and the environment. Everyone is friendly and helpful. There is a lot of support and training available to help you succeed.

Cons

What we lack for in pay, we make up for in culture and environment. This is a place to be excited to come to everyday.

Advice to Management

Develop a strategy to retain performers. Keeping people happy so they can sell the company on every level would be be an asset.

"Most of what you're told before you're hired is not true. Especially that you can ever make more than your base pay."

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Troy, MI

Pros

The sales people are great people and it's so much fun to be around them every day both in and out of the office.

Cons

You can't make any more than your base salary. Management tells you that if you stick to it you will see your salary grow above the base salary. However, even the sales advisors that have been there for years are only making their base salary. Management sets benchmarks that if you can reach them you will start to earn commission above your base. However, as soon as employees hit the benchmarks, they raise them to a new unattainable level. The only way they keep the good sales advisors is to increase their base so they won't quit.

Advice to Management

Pay your sales advisors a decent salary. You ask them to bust their butts but you're only asking them to do so to protect management's goals. You don't care how high turn over is. You've lost so many great sales people because the compensation that you promised was not reachable, even for the best producers.

As an company that sells insurance, you should pay for insurance for your sales people. At a minimum, paying for a basic health insurance plan would be nice!

5. "It's one of those "once in a lifetime" opportunities."

Current Employee - Life Insurance Advisor (Agent) in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Advisor (Agent) in Troy, MI

Pros

This is a company that makes decisions to benefit the future of the company, not any one person. Everyone pitches in, & works hard, from top to bottom. They offer Health & Retirement benefits. The starting base pay is modest (because they expect all employee's to earn their way to bigger pay), & will take the better part of a year to make more. This job is an opportuntity to earn more pay, not a guarentee. Growth opportunities are endless. Because they're hiring new faces, they're always looking for "old faces" to step up and lead. The atmosphere is positively, electric & very competative. There's always contests, company functions, & other fun activities going on. Everyone here is real tight, like family.

Cons

The starting pay is modest. Health insurance cost a little high. Cubicles are kind of tight. It's a long walk from the parking lot to the front door. The weather could be better. Traffic on I-75 is bad sometimes.

Advice to Management

I've only been an employee here for 4 months. Working here, has truly changed my life. Working here has given me clarity, I see & believe in the "big picture". I can only recommend that they keep hiring qualified people, to secure the future of this company. Hire people who promise to "pay it forward". People who will learn & teach.

6. "A very satisfied person"

Current Employee - Current Advisor in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Current Advisor in Troy, MI

Pros

The company gives me the flexiblity to be myself and help people whatever situation they are in.

Cons

The frustration of not always being able to understand the big picture.

Advice to Management

Continue to share the big picture and vision that this organization has for itself and its employees.

7. "Those who share the core values of the organization will thrive personally, professionally, and financially."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Pros

*Transparency and candor throughout the organization
    *Dedication to personal and professional development
    *Frequent team-building events
    *Regular recognition of personal and team successes

Cons

The organization quickly changes and adapts to meet the needs of the business. Those who are unable to change and adapt often become polarized.

Advice to Management

Seek to hire those who understand the big picture, have the ability to adapt quickly, and have a high level of emotional intelligence.

8. "Licensed Advisor"

I worked at My Insurance Expert full-time

Pros

Few nice people used to work there.

Cons

Bad leads, unattainable goals, crappy pay, public humiliation.

Advice to Management

Out of business due to poor management.

9. "Inside Insurance Sales Representative"

I worked at My Insurance Expert full-time

Pros

Used to be light and fun, activities for employees to keep morale high.

Cons

As management kept making bad business decisions, environment became much more serious and competitive (cut-throat), more critical instead of informative and educational.

Advice to Management

Stop paying high prices for old dead leads!!!

10. "Fun culture but start up company."

I worked at My Insurance Expert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had a great time working here. Moved up quickly.

Cons

The little company that couldn't make it unfortunately.

11. "Good employees seem to quit this company and the Great employees seem to stay"

Pros

As soon as you walk through the building doors of MyInsuranceExpert you are always greeted by positive,smart,friendly people. Until now, I have never worked in a company where the morale of all employees were amazing. The only time I have seen a pissed off employee is when they couldn't help out a client because of their health conditions. Employees do care of the welfare of their clients.
    Management is great and the culture is simply the best

Cons

Yes, the starting 24k salary is horrible, but they do tell you what the starting salary is on careerbuilder and at their forum. You know exactly what you are getting before an interview. Someone making 24k there cannot afford the healthcare they provide. We simply can't afford it and can't afford to not to have it. Bring back our Monday lunches.

Advice to Management

Work on the healthcare for us dedicated employees