My Life Registry Reviews | Glassdoor

Oded Berkowitz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "QA"

I have been working at My Life Registry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started Journey here as an Intern and convert into fulltime employee. Nice Concept, Fun-Loving Place, Room for Implementing latest methods and technology. People are so nice here to work with. Always helpful. This place is growing super fast and people too. Lots of Party at office and outside of office. You can always put your suggestions. This place is for the people who wants to grow. Work Thristy people always welcomed here.

Cons

Need some proper HR policy.

Advice to Management

All Good.

2. "Intern"

I worked at My Life Registry part-time

Pros

Great people. There was so much to learn. I came in pretty much knowing the basics, but everyone one was pretty much willing to help me out.

Cons

Long hours, but worth the experience.

"Great place to learn and grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ

I have been working at My Life Registry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked here for a couple years, and learned a lot. It is a great place to learn and grow. Especially as a developer you can work on different layers, unlike at big companies. You will be able to voice your opinion and collaborate on the project with other people, which is valuable thing for a tech company. I think recent bad reviews are too personal and do not reflect the environment of the company.
    Colleagues are really friendly and helpful and the CEO is really motivated.

Cons

More flexibility of hours, and allow employees to be able to use more than one week vacation at a time.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at My Life Registry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, trendy office look
    Amazing people, smart and hard-working colleagues.
    Interesting projects. Ideas are moving fast. No bureaucracy.
    Supportive coworkers

Cons

Really none at this point

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great work! Things are moving in the right direction. I'm excited to see the company grow

"Good benefits. Easy access from the city."

I have been working at My Life Registry full-time

Pros

Open atmosphere.

There's an office dog. I'm not sure if other dogs are allowed but it's nice to have one at work.

Location to good restaurants for lunch.

Coworkers are really nice.

Health benefits and vacation policy are pretty good.

Free parking.

Cons

Long hours for some people. Everyone should be able to leave at the same time.

Advice to Management

Evaluate salaries and compare with the industry standard.

There should be more opportunity to move up. They should encourage and provide chance for advancement.

6. "A place to work as a second home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ

I have been working at My Life Registry full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great diversity of staff, from all walks of life and background. Team is very tight-knit and supportive. Room to grow if 'hungry' enough. Company throws good parties, on and off site for major holidays and events, building a team-spirit. Office is bright and fun, with open concept (except for the management), so if a "privacy" is something you prefer - then this is not a company for you. CEO is open to cooperate with employees in meeting their personal needs and situations. Remote work 9even from abroad) is possible for some, as their particular role allows.

Cons

The greatest cons is - long hours. Problem with most employees is that they are just that - an employee, with limited investiture into the firm, coming in with the "I just work here" mentality, as opposed to "I own this place" notion . The CEO, though with demanding character, is extremely dedicated and expect everyone to "own" the business just as if it was their own. Not everyone is ready nor has a capacity to adhere to that notion.

Advice to Management

Not every employee out there will be as invested into a project and job as the Management is. This is simply a reality of life and in order to lessen the stress that comes with high-power atmosphere in the office, more realistic expectations of people should be applied.

"It is too late for damage control"

I have been working at My Life Registry full-time

Pros

None. People don't need to subject themselves to horrible working conditions just to make friends.

This company would get ZERO stars if possible.

Cons

The CEO is sooooooo conceited and gross. If you are a female I advise you to run. The sexual harassment is real. He is constantly touchy feely, makes inappropriate remarks and sexual jokes and truly believes he is god's gift to women. His female assistants last only a few weeks. He even puts male employees in headlocks and is constantly pinching and poking people especially in the ribs and flicking them on the neck. You are constantly having to hug your bosses all of the time and you ABSOLUTELY MUST personally go to each of their offices and say good morning and goodnight to them every single day otherwise the CEO gets offended and will literally not talk to you for sometimes weeks!!!! It's like working for an insanely immature frat boy.

And don't even think about going to the President for help. You will be accused of wanting to sleep with the CEO and basically told that his behavior is warranted because he pays the bills and that you need to just suck it up. Such a disgrace to all women. Everyone is sure she is the one writing the past three positive reviews. They didn’t even know about Glassdoor until a few months ago that’s why you see every REAL negative review date all the way back to 2011!!!!

Advice to Management

Sorry people but no amount of FAKE reviews is going to save you. Keep on trying, but your true colors are seen EVERYDAY. WAYYYYYY too many people have bore witness to your actions as well as fallen victim. And you know it.

My Life Registry Response

Oct 9, 2017 – MyRegistry Management

MyRegistry.com management takes the reviews posted here very seriously. We are concerned to hear that a current employee is unhappy and are actively working with our staff to address any concerns... More

"Little pay, little respect, little management minds"

Pros

Nice coworkers that you can definitely keep as friends. Good office environment, pretty comfy and stylish looking. Reasonable basic benefits

Cons

Don't believe anything you read here that sounds positive, because those things are not real. Those are all part of the owners's delusional minds that believe they know how to manage people and their company.
    Your company is ten years old, to begin with. You are no longer a startup, so stop acting as if you are one.
    Your most valuable asset is not your awful looking website, it is your employees. Learn how to respect them. You lose great people simply because you don't respect their lives outside of work (people do get sick and have errands of their own to run, they don't have slaves to do your personal stuff like you do or any money to spare, because let's face it, with the salaries you pay, people can barely afford their rent.) Not to mention the ridiculous money you pay them and the long hours you force people to work by blackmailing them. The only reason most of your employees haven't left you is because their bills won't stop coming, because they all probably hate working there.
    The only good thing is that this place still manages to hire some good people. But their talent is never appreciated, everything they do must follow ridiculous orders and stupid micromanaging, and the owners always ruin what people do to improve the website only because they have no taste whatsoever, but their voice is still the only one to be heard.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Pay them a reasonable amount. Trust what they are doing, because they know what they're doing, so stop pushing your will and opinions on top of what people do.
    People don't want parties, they want appreciation for their work, time off to be with their families, holidays, bonuses. They couldn't care less about your parties.
    If people are not showing up for interviews, that's also your fault. You're not offering people enough, that's why.

"Great work envionment"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fort Lee, NJ
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Fort Lee, NJ

I worked at My Life Registry full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A rainbow company. MyRegistry is truly a diverse company with people from all walks of life. I was fortunate enough to make some life long friends before moving out-of-town. The President and the founder 's contagious passion for the company seeps into every department and everyone there is so easy to work with. People work hard and play hard. The parties there are the best!

Cons

Since I was moving out-of-town, I was hoping to relocate within the company, but Fort Lee is their only location.

Advice to Management

Open more offices!

"Do NOT apply"

I have been working at My Life Registry full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet nice and talented people who you can relate to.

Cons

The CEO is a crazy person and the owners do not know how to manage a business. Too many hours to work for such little pay. Want to be disrespected as a person and be treated like a slave? Go ahead and apply but read all these reviews. They are all BAD but one. It's clear that it was created by one if the owners. NO ONE is happy at this company. Use this as a WARNING!!!!!

Advice to Management

Sell your company already. You are not fit to run a business.