My Weight Doctor Reviews | Glassdoor

Dr. Haifa Shaban

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "great job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Pros

exciting enviorment with great leaders and staff

Cons

bad pay not competitive with other call centers

Advice to Management

raise pay

2. "Worst job ever if I could give this a no start I would"

Pros

There are literally no pros to working at this job, when you apply for the job they tell you you will be making one thing and then you're making something completely different

Cons

From the unfair pay wages to be lying management there is no HR and you're constantly being harassed with we are watching you on the cameras

Advice to Management

Seek help

3. "Fast paced"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in San Diego, CA

Pros

Free treatment, staff is great, patients are awesome

Cons

Pay is ridiculous, for a medical assistant, LVN pay is fair

Advice to Management

Pay is awful, medical assistants work as hard as a LVN it would be nice if they would even recognize there hard work. management needs to advertise the business better, management harasses Medical assistants too make sales and if they don't meet quote they send them home with no pay. A lot of us are single mothers trying to provide for our families. Management needs to step up and advertise better. I think when it comes too excellent patient care it's about quality not quantity! Something that management does not recognize.

4. "RUN"

Pros

There are none. Literally

Cons

Everything. Anyone who has ANYTHING remotely nice to say about this place is lying to you.

Advice to Management

Seek help.

5. "No respect, no support, no consistency, high turnover, pay sucks"

I worked at My Weight Doctor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shiny new technology to blind you from the sleaziness and politics. The patients are pretty cool, until they are being taken advantage of by your company and you have to be the bearer of bad news. If I could have given NO stars it would have been more accurate.

Cons

You are expected to lie and close sales no matter what. There is no support to help handle the complaints when patients realize they were lied to. There is no incentive to sell their plans, commissions are terrible! No attention is given to patient care or retention. Managers are expected to clean the entire clinic including patient bathrooms. There is no dietician on staff so patients aren't actually getting nutritional counseling. Paychecks are consistently late and you are given no pay stub or commissions report to show the correct calculations. Half of the phone calls you answer are MWD collections calls because they don't pay the vendors. Management is asked to lie to prevent former employees from collecting unemployment. Whether or not you leave on good term you still have to fight to receive your last paycheck! All calls are monitored and recorded but patients are completely unaware. They conveniently forget about reviews and no one ever gets raises. In fact pay is cut drastically if you fail to meet their sales goals. Even if you work hard, stay late, answer emails on your day off, never get written up or do anything wrong they will fire you for no reason. They are greedy and do not care about their employees or patients. Upper management compared selling their plans to selling used cars. Run from this place!

Advice to Management

If the sheer number of bad online reviews from patients and former employees, the complaints from current employees, dissatisfaction of you doctors and being in the red every month doesn't make you want to change then nothin anyone suggests will. There is a reason you still have competitors!

6. "No Worth the Hype"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Pros

The clinics have really good technicology. It seems that they are really nice with giving discounts for the employees on health plans, and are generally nice about bending the rules when you need it. They take a lot of advice from some employees, and they take our word for what we say instead of not trusting our instincts.

Cons

Our payroll is always being paid late. Sometimes management will spy on us through their video cameras and then write us up later. Sometimes management changes their minds on things they decided on before.
    Sometimes the meetings are not done right and it can be boring because participants don't complete all of their assigned work. The owners are not good at communicating to the staff, and they end up making people feel awkeward and scared to lose their job. There's constant talking about people behind their backs, and management always seems to take gossip as truth.

Advice to Management

I think they need to find some more qualified managers to run the clinics and allow them to develop rules. It always seems like they change the policies off and on and it makes it hard for people to know how to do things. Also, mgmt should not fight in front of their staff members because it makes it hard to feel safve working in that type of environment. They should also stop shifting people around in different positions all the time because we never feel a sense of security and stability.

7. "STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Pros

Commissions for sales, plan discounts, and good technology

Cons

Managers are crazy. They are not qualified to run a business, and bring their personal life problems into the workplace. This company is started by a pshysician and then she brought her family into the business. And they have ruined the work environment by changing company rules randomly, yelling at employees, and expecting us to know what they are thinking all the time without any work policies or instructions. They have tempers. It is uncomfortable to work here.

Advice to Management

Take a management class and a class on ethics.

8. "Patients lose their money, and the employees lose their sanity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Pros

Good discount for employees & commissions for selling/signing up patients to weight loss plans. Work with high-quality technology

Cons

Corporate managers gives out write-ups like they're coupons. They write employees up for everything without the right training. Then when they have no use for you anymore, they fire you and use those old write-ups as reasons to fire you. Upper management does not give anyone time-off and expects managers to work 12 hours a day. They do not offer any assistance or advice to correct any of the "mistakes" that are made. They favor certain employees over others if they feel that they can use you for their selfish gain. They use profanity and yell at you like you're a child no matter how severe the mistake. They do not reward hardwork or dedication. They expect everyone to do what they want when they want without giving the proper tools. Bad place to work.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage a company by learning how to treat your employees fairly. No company can go far with abusing your staff emotionally and having high turnover. It is important to give the staff the tools to complete their duties correctly.

9. "LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW"

Current Employee - SCAM of the CENTURY
    Current Employee - SCAM of the CENTURY

Pros

If you need some quick cash and ability to make extra money at a moment's notice, this is the place. They'll give you high compensation...but at a price tag.

Cons

This place has no morale whatsoever. I have been promoted to so many different positions, after taking over positions from employees that were fired or let go. I've been asked to represent the company in unemployment hearings, and asked to do a variety of things I'm not even sure are legal. This company does so many shady practices. I'm just trying to find another job as soon as possible.

Advice to Management

The founder needs to take this business away from the current mgmt and get some REAL managers instead of hiring the family to run this business. This will fix everything

10. "So happy with this company"

Pros

This is a great company to work for. All of managment are so nice and helpful and rewarding when you do a great job!

Cons

One of the major cons is when the roads are icy or wet from bad weather so this in turn makes traffic alot busier than ususal.

Advice to Management

I cant help but only give positive feedback. It just goes to show since everyone I work with is always happy and they love their job.