MyComputerCareer.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tony Galati

1. "Company is doing amazing things!!"

Pros

My spouse works at My Computer Career, I am always impressed with the actual good I see and hear. The company and their employees go above and beyond to give their all to their students and the community.

Cons

I do not know of many.

Advice to Management

none

Mar 21, 2017 – Executive Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is awesome that you are able to also enjoy MyComputerCareer. Your opinion matters and your kind words are appreciated.

2. "Learn how to appreciate your staff"

Former Employee - Career Advisor
    Former Employee - Career Advisor

I worked at MyComputerCareer.com full-time

Pros

Nice people to work around. Good employee benefits. The company has a vested interest in seeing that the students succeed at a good career

Cons

Family run business. There are too many employees who are in positions that they are overqualified for. Management passes over the qualified people to give better positions to family and friends

Advice to Management

Learn to understand that there is untapped talent in your organization. Look beyond your family friends. You are creating frustrated and bitter employees due to this.

Mar 21, 2017 – Executive Director

It is true that some of the early employees of this company, who have proven themselves over the last nine years, are family and friends of the owners. Most family owned businesses start out that ... More

3. "Student Experience"

Former Employee - Student in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Student in Raleigh, NC

I worked at MyComputerCareer.com (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience as a student at MyCC. The course I took had a lot of good information and really helped me begin to understand the world of IT. Very good hands on learning with instructors and instructors assistants. Good career opportunities.

Cons

The career services aren't that good.

Mar 21, 2017 – Executive Director

Thank you for your review and the time that you took to complete it. We are thrilled that you have had such a great experience. Keep up the great work!

5. "Work Experience"

Current Employee - Career Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Career Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience. As a Career Advisor my main focus is to change lives. The opportunity to reach out and help others redirect their lives in a positive way is a very rewarding experience.

Cons

No downsides. Great team, and great benefits.

Mar 21, 2017 – Executive Director

Thank you for being a part of the MyComputerCareer team and helping each student that you work with get another step closer to changing their life. Your work matters and we appreciate you taking the ... More

6. "Rip off specialist"

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com part-time

Pros

none, none, none, none, none

Cons

They work to rip people off. Make money off failure to find reviews on the true services of this company.

Advice to Management

quit now. leave stop working for this horrible company. do something good in the world.

Mar 21, 2017 – Executive Director

We do not believe any real employee of MyComputerCareer feels this way. This is likely a post from an unethical competitor. At MyComputerCareer we try hard to help every employee have the best ... More

7. "Assistant Campus Director"

Current Employee - Assistant Campus Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Campus Director in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Working at MyComputerCareer has been the most amazing experience. You don't find a lot of places that feel like home; but, this is an exception! I was nervous to make my career change after 8 years at other career college - but, this was the best decision I could have made. MyCC truly focuses on their students success. They work day in and day out to ensure our student's are getting the IT certifications they need to be success and change their lives. I have seen so many students and spoken to so many family members of students who are overjoyed with the change their family member or even themselves has made. It is a pleasure to be a part of something that really, truthfully cares about their students and doesn't just say it. You aren't a number here at MyCC. You are family! Amazing experience - highly recommend it.

Cons

MyCC is full of Pros - I really don't have any Cons to share at this time. We do work A LOT of hours but, that is because we do everything to help our student be successful. It doesn't bother me at all.

8. "Employee Review"

Current Employee - Career Services Director in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Career Services Director in Arlington, TX

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Forward-thinking organization, promotes from within, anomolous to most business structures, work-life balance

Cons

Every company has its challenge(s). The only noticeable challenge for me is excelling as a leading Information Technology Training institution faster than we can higher staff to manage our growth!

Advice to Management

MyComputerCareer has a family culture; we're all an extension of one another. Still, it's important that we have adequate space to perform effectively. Our leadership headquarters is quickly outgrowing our workspace. We'll have to grow the office space at the same rate we grow our staff, or incorporate alternatives for physical work.

9. "MyCC Changed MY Life!"

Pros

A giving company that understands the importance of work-life balance and continuously strives to build upon the business and become better than the day before.

Cons

No definitive cons that come to mind.

Advice to Management

Growth is a wonderful thing, and there has been plenty of growth in MyCC. As the company continues to expand, I recommend expanding the work space as well.

10. "MyComputerCareer Helps Change Lives"

Current Employee - Career Services Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Career Services Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is always promoting from within and will allow a great idea to come to soar. The culture is very worker friendly and they always strive to do the right thing. MyComputerCareer will make you feel good about what you do at work because of the positive impact you will directly have on changing students lives.

Cons

This company is only located in Raleigh, Houston, Dallas, Columbus, and Indianapolis at current. If you are on the west coast you would need to relocate.

Advice to Management

Continue to see the best in every employee and watch them work even harder to keep MyCC alive.

11. "Outstanding Employer - Great Team!"

Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Holly Springs, NC
    Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Holly Springs, NC

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

MyComputerCareer is always engineering for excellence. Never satisfied with the status quo, every department continually strives to create a better customer experience and a more rewarding employee experience. This culture of striving encourages evaluation, insight, innovation, and initiative and creates opportunity for ambitious employees. Fast growth environment.

Cons

Our ambition to continually improve and excel occasionally creates a divided focus as we may "bite off more than we can chew." This can create excessive stress and feelings of inadequacy on the part of some employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize and reward excellence. Count the cost more carefully, of major initiatives and build project timelines that accurately consider available human and capital resources.