MyEyeDr. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Sue Downes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Our company is growing at a rapid pace so this creates a lot of opportunity for those looking for growth" (in 14 reviews)

• "The company is growing so there's lots of room for growth" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management tends to use intimidation methods that trickles down the heir achy of management" (in 23 reviews)

• "The District Managers and upper management do not support their offices/teams" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Associate Experience"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent treatment of their associates. They put the associate first to build an outstanding team environment. They provide ample training for associates that are new to optical and to those that have been in the industry for a long time. A lot of opportunity for career growth due to the rapid growth of the organization. Great work environment with paid time off, paid holidays and closed on most holidays.

Cons

Rapid growth has caused some IT problems but the organization seems committed to correcting those issues. A lot of reaction and not being proactive due to the rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the associate experience a top priority and your organization will continue to grow!

MyEyeDr. Response

Apr 10, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for letting us know. We know that many social media boards can be places to vent. You took the time to give us your positive impressions, and we'll keep working hard to meet your... More

2. "General Manager"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

A great company that cares about their employees. There is so many opportunities to move up within the company along with meeting so many awesome people. I have learned so much in the last three years and I continue to grow daily with the company.

Cons

The benefits packages are expensive but luckily I don't need them. Dealing with some of the corporate office staff can be frustrating but its never the end of the world.

3. "Manager"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Although the Company is growing, they really try to keep it feeling like a small company or even a large family. There are several job layers within an office, but I love that we all work side-by-side every day to provide a great patient experience. With locations being added on a regular basis, opportunity for growth & relocation are fantastic!

Cons

Depending on location, hours can be long on a given day. Company adheres to revenue plans and there can be pressure felt to perform and achieve.

Advice to Management

Keep the small company feel, even as we continue to grow.

"It’s okay"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

Free glasses , benefits are decent

Cons

Promise you promotions and things but all lies. Commission structure sucks. They expect you to make over 200,000 a month and you get a chump change from that . They rob customers.

"I wouldn't recommend this company as an employer"

Former Employee - Tech
    Former Employee - Tech

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

I loved my co-workers! Wouldn't trade them for the world! And our doctors were the sweetest and always went to bat for us when needed.

Cons

First off this company does not really care for their employees. Yes the benefits are pretty good but bonuses are taxed so you don't really get the amount they tell you at time of hire. My office cut our hours so no one actually received 40 hrs weekly, and we had a terrible manager who would curse us and sometimes got a little aggressive and when we went to HR or the District Manager nothing was ever done and the employee who reported it was to blame for the issues. They are not family oriented!! You barley get holidays off and the office hours are long and some offices, like mines, are open on Saturdays. We recently just went through a natural disaster and they did not comp anyone for the days missed but they did request each office book more appointments so they can make their money back!!! No sympathy for those who lost homes and cars!!

"Eyewear Consultant"

Former Employee - Eyewear Consultant in Albany, GA
    Former Employee - Eyewear Consultant in Albany, GA

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good doctors on staff. They are very busy. Very competitive. Good staff. Efficient teamwork.

Cons

Busy day. Overwork of staff. Not noticing any extra works. Needs better teaching tools to educate managers on etiquette. Low pay hourly and commission rates. Hard to achieve goals set by corporate.

Advice to Management

Please try to be more hands on with managers training. Especially in such large store.

"Long hours, short breaks, draining"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

there was always something to do

Cons

only 30 minute lunch breaks for working 9-10 hours doesn't give you enough time to eat, relax, and get back to work to be productive. Draining job.

"Eyewear Consultant"

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

Ability for advancement. Benefits available for 30 hours per week

Cons

Poor management. Growing too quickly so too many changes to SOP. Takes over private practice makes it difficult for some patients

9. "Overall experience"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

Always given opportunities to take on hiuds

Cons

No work life balance or respect for personal time. Don’t think about ever taking time off because it won’t happen.

"Horrible/ Don't work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I have been working at MyEyeDr. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Non, this place is so bad that people quit all the time. High turn around. Poor management at the call center .

Cons

The call center believes in work place mopping. They get everyone involved to make the victim quit. They lie and gossip about your personal buisness. There stalkers . Pay is lousy. I still work there sadly . I just started, they told me this place would be wonderful, they never mentioned the stalk and harass employees till the quit.

Advice to Management

Work place mobbing will be illegal one day, try to keep good people.