MyEyeDr. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Sue Downes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company is growing so there's lots of room for growth (in 13 reviews)

• Lots of room for growth within the company, competitive salaries and great culture (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management tends to use intimidation methods that trickles down the heir achy of management (in 21 reviews)

• With growth does come some growing pains (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Associate Experience"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent treatment of their associates. They put the associate first to build an outstanding team environment. They provide ample training for associates that are new to optical and to those that have been in the industry for a long time. A lot of opportunity for career growth due to the rapid growth of the organization. Great work environment with paid time off, paid holidays and closed on most holidays.

Cons

Rapid growth has caused some IT problems but the organization seems committed to correcting those issues. A lot of reaction and not being proactive due to the rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the associate experience a top priority and your organization will continue to grow!

Apr 10, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for letting us know. We know that many social media boards can be places to vent. You took the time to give us your positive impressions, and we'll keep working hard to meet your... More

2. "There is a tremendous amount of opportunity to grow and build family here."

Pros

Standard Sunday off, GM's try their best to help each other out and work as a team in the district. District manager, regional manager work with GM's regularly. This is tremendous in terms of aligning communication. As well as feeling supported. GM role requires many hats and essentially it is in an autonomous environment in which you really are the business owner.

Cons

Hard work is hard work there's no easy way around it. Accompany like this that is continuously growing is also continuously adapting to the needs of the business. That's not always going to work out with everyone. Myeyedr. does allow its managers to do their best to accommodate their employees as needed

Advice to Management

thank you for investing in your GMs and allowing us to invest in our teams.

Apr 10, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. All of our offices are small families, joined to a larger family of practices for support, but the family feeling has to start with each individual. It sounds like you are... More

"Eh, wouldn't apply on my own."

I have been working at MyEyeDr. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Systems are easy to work with.

Cons

It's all about money to them.

Apr 16, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate that you took time to let us know how you feel. I would like to clarify your comment that "It's all about the money to them." That makes it sound as if the money is more important than... More

"Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Vienna, VA

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company's fast growth has created a lot of opportunity for professional development. I started as a Staff Accountant and was promoted to Senior within a year. I had some of the best managers at MyEyeDr. I wish I didn't have to leave, but I moved out of state.

Cons

Sometimes communication is an issue, but they recognize it and are working to make it better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Apr 10, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

We miss you and hope that if you come back to the area (or we expand to where you are now), that we can work together again. Yes, communication is a huge challenge, balancing between too much and too... More

"Beware"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Falls Church, VA

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get experience, work without experience

Cons

abuse of time, low pay, no consideration, they have favorites

Advice to Management

I'll start with the good first, the people that trained me in 2012 including the manager were the best, I went in when MED had around 60 stores. That was a time when they actually cared about the patient and the experience that employees have. All the doctors are amazing and good people. Slowly when they started to expand they became more careless about the experience but they paid those employees better than employees such as myself that already had experience in optical/retail. Yes, they care more about profit and ripping off patients than caring for their employees and the benefit of the patients. I started in Manassas VA and was moved between that location and the Bristow VA location. Later when I moved I was put in the Falls Church VA location and traveled to Fairfax VA, Merrifield VA, Springfield VA, Alexandria VA (both Alexandria locations), Vienna VA, and Corporate in Vienna VA, needless to say, they made me travel a lot and paid $10 for travel, all because I can Pre-test, sell, supervise, place orders, do contact lenses sales and classes. So they also abused the fact that I could do the job of 5 people with them only paying me $13.50 an hour, after working there some years I only got a .50 cent raise for all that I could do. Newer employees were getting paid $14-$17 an hour without as much experience. I was then told that the Falls Church location was promised to someone else (which seemed odd to me) and that it was mandatory for me to travel from my home in Manassas to Alexandria VA or I could lose my job, which with traffic that's a 2-3hr drive there and back without compensation or consideration. I applied for a position in corporate and was told by the general manager at that time, that I was not eligible for that position. Then I quit and moved to Maryland and exactly a month later corporate called me to see if I was still interested in the position for corporate and after how I was treated all those years I just had to decline. There were more bad things that happened to me, and this review is long enough, but my main point is to be very careful about working here, even with experience and doing everything they want you to do they will still not care about the employee and play favorites.

"Sales Assoc."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Manager in office actually cares about employees and patients. Flexible enough schedule.

Cons

Doesn't pay experienced employees their worth, no real room for legitimate promotion.

Advice to Management

To upper management (DMs and above), learn to keep the good employees!

Apr 10, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for posting. Having a manager who genuinely cares is so critical and so gratifying to hear that you recognized this quality in your manager. Please let your District Manager know this so... More

"Sales"

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

The bonus is the only thing.

Cons

I had to work with the worse people.

Advice to Management

Re educate management

Apr 10, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

We're sorry that you didn't find a home with us. Our team members are dedicated to improving our patients' vision and vision and we are proud of their commitment to others.

"Staffing and pay issues"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at MyEyeDr. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent work hours...most or all offices closed Sundays and one or two evenings until 7 or 8.

Cons

Staffing is an issue throughout the region I was in. Offices are staffed minimally and on any given day there are several pleas for coverage due to call outs. Also, quarterly bonuses ALWAYS get paid late, and when I resigned I had to file a wage complaint with the DOL to get an earned bonus which still hasn't been paid in full. They also haven't paid me an owed vacation day 6 weeks after resigning. Trying to communicate with HR as a former or current employee is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Show more respect to current and former employees by responding to HR requests and paying on time. Also, since providing a great customer experience is your goal, improve staffing by having floaters for each position to cover for sick days, vacations, etc. GM's shouldn't be expected to pick up the slack.

9. "Breath of fresh air."

Pros

They really are invested in your success, through educating,cross training and giving you the tools you need to be proficient at your job.

Cons

They’re are some systems issues,do to the rapid growth of the company.The IT department could be focused on more to get ahead of the pitfalls of growth.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting growth, and development of your teams,while keeping them informed of the transitions, keeping them in the loop so to speak.
    Thank you for your commitment in developing the associates

10. "Training needs drastic work"

I have been working at MyEyeDr. full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in.

Cons

The entire 'Integration' team needs to be reevaluated maybe replaced have only enjoyed working with the EHR trainers

Advice to Management

Restructuring your training process and having the proper people in place would save you millions!