Cover image for MyFitnessPal

Found 37 of over 44 reviews

4.3
MyFitnessPal Chief Executive Officer Tricia Han
Tricia Han

What people are saying about MyFitnessPal

Join the conversation on

Tech

468.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=MyFitnessPal~733704
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great team and product that helps people reach their health and fitness goals.(in 6 reviews)
  • "driven, smart, fun people.(in 6 reviews)
  • "There's a culture of fostering open feedback and a fair work/life balance that comes from the top.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Everyone is committed to finding a solution that makes sense and help out(in 3 reviews)
  • "good culture and decent bosses(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Oct 3, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are extremely lucky if you get a job at MFP. Comparable to tech company culture that encourages unlimited time off, 100% remote work, sends surprises in the mail, and prioritizes overall employee well-being. The business outlook on the company is great and there has never been a better time to work here. The projects we work on are focused, well-thought out by leadership, and tolerable. You won't be pulled in 15 different directions that are all "priorities" like at other companies. The leadership is smart and experienced so you can feel good the the work you do is for a tangible goal.

Cons

Very low level of diversity.

MyFitnessPal Response

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review! We truly value all of our current and former employees' feedback. We strive for a people-first culture and truly stand behind and live our mission and values. MyFitnessPal is dedicated to advancing, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging because it creates an environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and make it easy for others to do the same.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great values, great people, strong market leader

Aug 19, 2022 - Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are the best. They don't tolerate bad apples and reward the whole team. - Flexible work schedule - Remote work oriented - Highly inclusive and a great ally - Encourage taking time off - Many extra, side benefits (such as surprise gifts and remote-inclusive activities)

Cons

After splitting from Under Armour, a lot of good folks left. But, the newer team members jumped it and made a very smooth transition!

MyFitnessPal Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy working and collaborating with your teammates at MFP! We strive for a people-first culture and truly stand behind and live our mission and values!

3. Join the MyFitnessPal team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, position was just bad luck

Oct 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company was overall great to work at. Very relaxed, accommodating and pleasant. I unfortunately ended up with a manager who was not the best, and I should have seen the writing on the wall once people started asking me what I thought about working with him because he was an…odd and uptight guy (not my words). When I was admonished privately after a casual team meeting for daring to allow my cat to walk in visibility of my camera and told I should “lock them away” during meetings, I started to understand what people had been talking about. The cat was something I was repeatedly reminded of by my supervisor long after the fact in bizarre fashion, as if it was a chronic issue, whenever they wished to talk about my performance. In short, they were a micromanager that was constantly turning negligible events into big problems. This constant stream of corrections concerning minute optics instead of my work (I was constantly assured my ethic and skills were excellent) became exhausting and stressful, but I always believed things could be worked out. My main irritant around the end was being arbitrarily ordered to stay in our new office past 5pm, while in company meetings the wonderful CEO would be talking all about how as a company they would never be the kind of place to force employees to stop being remote. I was constantly guilted by my supervisor for leaving the office after 4pm to finish out the last hour at home just to avoid traffic as most had already done hours before. The office only ever had me and 1 other person, not counting my supervisor, by that time of day, and only ever had a handful of people in it at peak hours around noon, so my presence was never once critical. It was just not treatment that was driven by any sort of logic, and certainly not anything I had ever put up with in my decade of experience of being treated like an adult and being trusted to complete my work. It wasn’t a major issue, just the breaking point in a constant stream of petty issues. Eventually was let go during a meeting set up under completely false pretenses, for which I had shown up feeling pretty great and prepared for, until I saw upon entering that it was an ambush. Was told I wasn’t performing up to spec without any elaboration (I still don’t know exactly why), after which my manager promptly hopped out of the meeting to leave me with HR. It was the first time I’d ever been fired in a decade of professional work, and the deceptive way it was handled left a very bad impression and was depressing. But the company overall is a fantastic place. I just feel sorry for the next person who gets my job. Your experience will almost certainly be good.

Cons

Aside from my personal poor luck by getting the supervisor I got, none.

MyFitnessPal Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we greatly appreciate your thoughts and perspective. We are dedicated to the continuous improvement of our employee experience while fostering an environment where teammates feel valued and excited about their work.

5. 5.0

Great Culture Amazing People

Aug 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

We are missional driven this gives us an immediate connection to each other. People care about our users and each other. There is open and honest discussions and respect.

Cons

There are no cons I have found

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Quick turnover of the most talented people

Jun 24, 2022 - Accounting Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Holding steady by their own estimations in the shrinking fitness-as-health app market. Starting diversity initiatives still in the concept stage. New company with a threadbare, wild west motility that will appeal to other Mavericks. Held by a private equity firm that seems experienced and diverse. Small company where individuals have a voice and can easily see their own impact.

Cons

This start up company with a 12+ year old product is still getting organized after separation with their parent company Under Armour. Almost all people recognized as stellar contributors seem to move in and out quickly between departments and ultimately leave the company. There is no bank of tribal knowledge from this high rate of turnover and new starts are not oriented to the basic functional groups of the business. New starts are numerous, extremely specialized with narrow visibility, and untrained in cross-functional processes at all levels of employment within MFP including new chiefs.

MyFitnessPal Response

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thank you for your positive feedback on the business and how our teammate's voices are heard and everyone makes an impact. We have had a lot to organize in the past year and a half, but we've made progress and have accomplished several goals we are proud of. We value all of our current and former employees' feedback. If you ever have any other feedback you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at: feedback@myfitnesspal.com. Thank you!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with amazing people!

Jul 11, 2022 - Software Engineer II in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

MyFitnessPal is very inclusive and is all about team building! The team really cares about creating the best solution and everyone learning from that solution along the way. You can choose what you want to work on and have the ability to make a big impact that is seen by users around the world.

Cons

No cons at the moment.

MyFitnessPal Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We are happy to hear your positive feedback on our inclusive and collaborative culture. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. If you ever have any other feedback you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at: feedback@myfitnesspal.com. Thank you!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Truly puts employees first

Apr 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every single person in the company, from leadership down, values putting employees first. A lot of companies talk the talk, but at MFP I've found that the tenets of work/life balance and remote-first collaboration are truly embedded in the company culture. (and nobody is shy about calling things out if things go awry!) There is a real belief in positive culture driving the best work and I feel that every day.

Cons

Like all remote work, finding time for collaboration while balancing meeting schedules can be a challenge, but something openly discussed and worked on

MyFitnessPal Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear your comments about how we embed a people-first organization and remote equal philosophy in our company culture! Thank you for your contributions to making MFP such a great place to work! If you ever have ideas on helping to support our benefits or culture, or any other feedback you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at: feedback@myfitnesspal.com. Thank you!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with great culture

Apr 14, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture - People are pleasant to work with and collaborate with. Everyone is committed to finding a solution that makes sense and help out Benefits - The company offers unlimited RTO and claims to value work life balance. My experience has been that make good on those claims A remote company that makes efforts to connect people and build a team

Cons

Working remotely while being a huge advantage can be taxing at times.

MyFitnessPal Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy working and collaborating with your teammates at MFP! We strive for a people-first culture and foster work-life balance and love to hear that your experience has been good on that front. Remote Equal does have its fair share of challenges when connecting with people, that's why we try to have frequent in-person meetings and events. If you have other feedback you'd like to share about your experience please feel free to reach out to us at: feedback@myfitnesspal.com. Thank you!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Android Engineer

May 4, 2022 - Android Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and product that helps people reach their health and fitness goals. Really well known app

Cons

Some teams work on better projects than others

MyFitnessPal Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We love to hear your comments on our people, product, and mission to help people on their health journeys. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. If you ever have any other feedback you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at: feedback@myfitnesspal.com. Thank you!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place To Be!

Feb 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Benefits are great *Collaboration across teams *The ability to grow *Management has really started to change for the better - more focus on the employee well being *Work/Life Balance *Team Events

Cons

*Continue to be competitive with compensation *Not really a con but would like the the opportunity to go into office quarterly

MyFitnessPal Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate your feedback and your contributions to making MFP such a great place to work! We are happy to hear your positive comments about working at MyFitnessPal and appreciate your ideas for improvement. If you ever have ideas on helping to support our benefits or culture, or any other feedback you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to us at: feedback@myfitnesspal.com. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews
</>Embed

MyFitnessPal Reviews FAQs

MyFitnessPal has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at MyFitnessPal to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MyFitnessPal employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MyFitnessPal. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

88% of MyFitnessPal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MyFitnessPal 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MyFitnessPal to be senior leadership, benefits, culture and the cons to be career development, management.

Popular Careers with MyFitnessPal Job Seekers