MyLondonHome Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 11 Mar 2019

Found 42 reviews

MyLondonHome CEO Steven A. Herd
Steven A. Herd
  1. "Loved working at My London Home"

Former Employee - Photographer in London, England

I worked at MyLondonHome part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Management were lovely, they helped me feel involved with the team when I was out on my own a lot. -Steven, the owner, was really hands-on and it didn't feel like I was working for a huge corporate 'machine' -They actually treat you like an adult with responsibilities by not having to check-in 24/7 with someone. -They provided all the equipment I needed -They reimburse travel expenses to do with work -They allowed...

Cons

-The office was quite a loud environment -Sometimes the work was required faster than it could be completed -Working outside of the office could be isolating, as you didn't connect with other members of staff on a daily basis -As a photographer there wasn't really any career development available within the company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I really felt welcome at my time at My London Home and I think you did everything you could to make my time there a comfortable, fulfilling experience.

MyLondonHome2019-03-12
  2. "AVOID"

I worked at MyLondonHome full-time

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Truly enhancing the poor reputation of estate agents

Advice to Management

Leave

MyLondonHome2019-02-08
    • "Gave up"

Former Employee - Lettings Consultant in City of Westminster, England

I worked at MyLondonHome for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team, fun environment, can make good money, good incentives

Cons

Sold of Lettings department to some AH, whose temp director destroyed the company, all the best negs left included myself, would have stayed otherwise

Advice to Management

Don’t sell of your prized asset just for a bit of extra cash, had a good business, but through it away

MyLondonHome2018-11-27
    • "Sexist."

Former Employee - Negotiator in City of Westminster, England

I worked at MyLondonHome full-time for less than a year

Pros

The other negotiators are so lovely & management leave the evidence of sexism and discrimination in writing for you.

Cons

To summarise; sexist, lack of management skills, discrimination within the workplace, unfair dismissal, lack of opportunity. HIGH TURNOVER OF STAFF. I must have seen about 6 or 7 people leave in around 4 months. They have favourites in the office who all the leads will go to, new starters are favoured for about 2 weeks, no banter, you are not allowed to have banter without it being considered aggressive, two faced...

Advice to Management

If you are going to make sexist comments about someone 24 hours before dismissing them don’t leave it on an email for everyone to see. I have worked for nationwide corporate companies with more care and compassion for their staff.

MyLondonHome2018-12-07
    • "MLH"

I have been working at MyLondonHome full-time

Pros

Good people to be with

Cons

Politics in office favouritism at times

MyLondonHome2018-10-19

"Great sales team - but ridiculously bad management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at MyLondonHome full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good stock levels - Amazing new homes brokerage team - Commission was achievable and good - Some company events were enjoyable and a good laugh, such as the sports day

Cons

Awful CEO. A nasty man who preys off his employees' vulnerabilities. He is a wannabe Knight Frank/Colliers, etc CEO who believes his opinion is that of God. Steven Herd will often have mood swings and you never know where you sit with him. His vocabulary and use of words such as 'wowzer' and 'buddy' were very often used as condescending demeanor. The way of MyLondonHome is throw enough stuff at the wall until it sticks,...

Advice to Management

Wise decision in selling to Stirling Ackroyd.

MyLondonHome2018-09-15

"Terrible Experience"

I worked at MyLondonHome full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing positive to say at all about My London home. The only positive thing was the day when I left them

Cons

It was truly the worst company I have ever worked at. The CEO and MD were aggressive men with barely a brain cell between the two of them. Targets were totally unrealistic and the turn over of staff was crazy!

Advice to Management

Sell

MyLondonHome2017-10-10
      • "Average"

Former Employee - Sales & Lettings Negotiator in City of Westminster, England

I worked at MyLondonHome full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good commission structure so excellent earning potential High levels of stock - good team to help win plenty of new instructions Choice between sales & lettings - helps fill a void in typically "quieter months"

Cons

Extremely KPI driven which gives a feeling of complete micro-management If you have a single bad month you will end up with a warning Next to no training whatsoever - as someone who started their career in the property industry with MLH, I was merely given half a days insight into the company and shown a few vacant properties then told to hit the phones and start booking viewings.

Advice to Management

More support and training in the first instance. Be more consistent in what you expect from the team - it can be hard to adapt if management consistently change what is expected of them.

MyLondonHome2017-06-04

"Fun, fast-paced and never boring!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in City of Westminster, England

I have been working at MyLondonHome for more than 5 years

Pros

- amazing colleagues. it's a work hard, play hard office and very sociable and fun. - fantastic stock levels which are constantly maintained and mean the negotiators have access to a very wide range of properties. - great support in terms of training - NAEA/ARLA etc - excellent rewards and bonsues on offer for high performers -always room for progression for staff that perform.

Cons

- MLH is not for everybody - it is KPI and target driven, not the kind of office where you sit back and wait for enquiries to come in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

MyLondonHome2017-04-21
        • "A lot of fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of Westminster, England

I have been working at MyLondonHome full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great progression potential - Small enough to not be considered 'corporate' but expanding aggressively enough to be considered a significant performer in certain areas of Central London - Genuine rewards for exceptional performance

Cons

- Constant change. If you don't respond well to this then it can be a bad environment - Growth pains. This company is not a finished product so

Advice to Management

Keep focussing on the right kind of growth. The foundations are here for a brilliant future and there is plenty to be done.

MyLondonHome2017-03-06