MyUS.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 12, 2018

2.6
Ramesh Bulusu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work and grow"

I have been working at MyUS.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is growing and expanding into new markets
    Lots of challenging work to do in all departments - no boredom
    The company has made significant improvements in culture over the past 4 years
    Strong "promote from within" philosophy
    Good pay & benefits
    Free lunch 3 times per week

Cons

Sometimes things happen/change so quickly that communication is "after the fact"

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the entire team - more is better
    Find ways to reach team members directly so they are not always reliant on their supervisor for updates

2. "Alright job"

I worked at MyUS.com full-time

Pros

Co workers
    Decent pay
    Free lunch 3 days a week

Cons

Hectic scheduling always changing

Advice to Management

Be more proactive

Nov 21, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback.

MyUS.com is determined to improve both the customer and team member experience. Just like all the best... More

3. "Great people and good place to grow"

I have been working at MyUS.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun co-workers
    Bend over backwards for customers
    Access to a library of free training on whatever you can think of
    Benefits are great
    Catered lunches
    Lots of paid time off
    Lot of opportunity for growth

Cons

Thanksgiving and Christmas time is busy like in retail but you get lots of overtime during this time.

Apr 2, 2018 – HR Director

4. "receiver"

I worked at MyUS.com full-time

Pros

had a good schedule. good work life balance.

Cons

crappy benefits, crappy management, over nothing great.

Apr 2, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing the positive work/life balance you had here. It is unfortunate that you didn’t share the same appreciation for our benefits package. In the past... More

5. "Best Work Group and Culture I've Worked In"

Current Employee - Current Employee - Management in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Current Employee - Management in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at MyUS.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people at all levels of the company. Very collaborative, family-like culture where everyone is supportive of each other. Senior management is highly motivated and brings positive energy to the whole team. This starts at the top with our CEO and makes its way to every corner of the organization from the warehouse to the management offices to customer service. Excellent, fast-paced environment to learn something new every day and challenge yourself to be your best. Great atmosphere and place to further your career regardless of what position you enter the company. Hard work is definitely rewarded.
    I get to utilize my professional talents in an atmosphere that challenges me intellectually each and every day. At the end of the day, I leave work feeling fulfilled; like I made a real impact and was appreciated by the company for my contribution.

Cons

The work is hard but also satisfying and rewarding. The company has been through a tremendous amount of change in the past five years.

Advice to Management

Your passion and enthusiasm for both the customer and the business is easy to see. Keep it up! Continue striving to leverage the skills and resources of MyUS to maintain a “best in class” operation and a truly fantastic place to work.

6. "Overall a great place to work and a great group of people!"

Current Employee - Administration in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Administration in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at MyUS.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MyUS.com has an excellent service offering for its customers. This is an ideal place to work if you like to be challenged and value the knowledge you will learn here. Being a part of eCommerce business solutions and learning about export regulations has been extremely valuable to me personally as I know this is the movement of business both now and in the future. I feel that everything I have learned thus far at MyUS.com will only help me in my future potential. The management team is extremely dedicated and you will find many of the management members have 5+ years in tenure. Our CEO has made it a priority to increase benefits and help offset benefit costs. The company continues to do many engaging events and programs for employees that help them to know they are valued. You can grow and promote here, you just have to be willing to put in the hard work and dig in with all the departments within the company so you can truly understand the business as it is unique. Of my tenure at MyUS.com I have continued to learn more and more and grow in my career, and I really love being challenged and being pushed out of my comfort zone in order to better myself.

Cons

Because the company does have several programs or perks for employees you can sense that some feel entitled to them and stop to appreciate them as much. I have never worked for a company that caters meals three times a week or has as much internal opportunity to grow and promote, yet that doesn't mean everyone is always happy with that. Over time as we have grown the business more and more the space we are located at right now has its challenges as far as parking and break room space. Much of the workforce is in operations and during the summer months it is really hot out there, while the pay is very competitive it is still quite hots those months.

Advice to Management

Continue to build solutions to help make it a more pleasant work enviornment in operations as far as the summer months go. Also, continue to work on work/life balance for the employees. This is getting there, there have been some changes recently that have allowed for shorter shifts and less of a burden on employees.

"Overall Lousy Place to Work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at MyUS.com full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Only thing good about this job is the free lunch, even that is crappy.

Cons

EVERYTHING!! Managers favor certain people with in the company and HR staff are best friends with the managers. HR and managers post on review sites to boost review scores. STOP that. They encourage employees to work hard so managers can take all credit for work. Ive seen this first hand with all departments. Managers will make excuses to get rid of weak employees and will lie. The turn around time for hiring and firing employees is high, especially in the warehouse. Does not pay enough for the amount of work you put in and the pay amount decreases with each new employee. Managers do not have enough patience with employees that are new. Seen this first hand. You are also a robot with work. HR and managers will tell potential new hires anything to get them in the door, then once in they see how each department rolls. STAY AWAY!!! WASTE OF TIME!! WARNING NOW SO YOU ARE NOT TRAPPED LIKE ME!! Only reason why half of the company is there is only due to money. If it weren't for money and supporting families, I guarantee they would quit.

Advice to Management

There is nothing to give, they will NEVER listen to you and only turn your concerns around on you to make you think your a crappy worker. STOP GIVING UNREALISTIC work loads to do and to complete.

"Warning- Rough Road Ahead"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Sarasota, FL

I worked at MyUS.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefit package that rivals my larger employers + free lunches.
    Discarded customer items by thousands sold at insanely low prices to raise money for charity.
    If you are fat, overweight, obese and need more exercise and want to get paid to exercise this is the warehouse for you!
    McDonalds and Starbucks in walking distance.
    Free company t-shirts

Cons

Hourly workers are hired from off the street if they can pass a drug test. Having said that it is a standing joke that if there were a surprise drug test 40% would lose their jobs. House & grounds people who, when the subject came up would say something to the effect of "at lunch time you can walk through the parking lot and smell pot".

The saying "It is hard to fly like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys." certainly holds true and it goes up to lower level management at least. Management sometimes is by intimidation not encouragement. There is no "hey great job on that" at least in my department. I was hired to help keep the place running but found myself begging for equipment and simple parts like screws and files and an extra battery for the saw. One battery was shared between a power saw and a drill. We couldn't use both at same time. If you are a person driven to excellence, precision, efficiency, pre-planning and good project management like I was you will be intensely frustrated. I wanted to boost my less experienced supervisor into higher forms of thought such as continuous quality improvement, focusing on the 7 wastes in order to make him a star in the company. But alas my advice fell on deaf ears probably because "people that are paid less know less". I raise myself up by boosting up others. But it did not work here. Knowledge sharing. Reluctant or ignored. Cross-pollination nope. I asked to be cross-trained in another department. Nope. I was assigned PM's on machinery. "Hey let's work on creating a schedule." Nope, 2 years later no plan. I would volunteer for tasks. "Hey we don't have any MSD sheets in that binder hanging on the wall. I'll research our chemicals." Um ok. "Hey I finished printing out most everything but I need a hole punch now." Uh nope let's hold off on that for now. "You've run out of toilet paper and towel paper again? Listen that happened to me once at my other job and I ordered an extra case to keep on hand as a buffer. I know you are trying to do JIT here but that's the way you adjust your inventory." Nothing. So the MSDS sheets are still sitting in my outbox gathering dust. Let's talk about dust and air.

Nothing new about warehouses being hot in the summer. But there is this dark dust settling on everything even customer packages. The big green box you see on the website banner photo was one of two circulating unfiltered pollution on everything but they are gone now. Everyday I went home and washed my cloth would be a dingy gray/brown. Everyone is breathing this and everyone's station fans are sucking it off the floor and throwing it back into the air again. Settles on cubicles, computers everything and I didn't know what it was. However I do not think I have any short-term affects from it. Facilities had little responsive, active control over fans or anything when weather changed. There was not sensitivity to the comfort of others. One of my services was cleaning and repairing floor fans. I saved the company thousands and got no recognition. Nobody was doing this when I got there. I was extremely unique in my service to others with regard to facilities. Reluctantly new fans would slowly be purchased and handed out. There was resistance to being organized and thoughtful. All that needed was management to make a few announcements.

Finally, let me cover the hypocrisy aspect. Big talk about work/life balance. But supervisor painfully waits until last moment to approve vacation. Gives self preferential treatment. Employees deserve to be spoken to honestly like men and women. They deserve a look down the road as to what to expect after important meetings. They have put their investment too into the company, namely their lives. But trust was not in my corner of management. I was promised fork-lift certification and I received initial training. But it was never completed. Do you know I had to do maintenance to the forklift but I couldn't drive it? There are dozens upon dozens of security cameras installed to spy on employees. They have the right to protect their business but hiring people of better character would help too. Once a tool went missing for a long time. I looked everywhere for it. Finally I found out my supervisor had taken it to his home to use it. I could have had him fired but was merciful. See things went missing but only supervision requests surveillance review so he was safe. The primary directive of my department was to fix stuff. A multi-million dollar corporation should have a better tool crib than my garden shed. but it didn't. What we did have often got 'borrowed' and not returned. So when I needed something I had to walk 90,000sq. ft. looking for it! One time I confronted the supervisor from another dept. and told him that Facilities is not your supplier for tools you have to budget for your own at Harbor Freight. He told me "Hey you have to serve us."

Poor planning.
    Limited vision/imagination
    Intimidating management style
    Brutal conditions
    Insane parking lot arrangement
    Whiny focus on superficiality. Major in minors and minor in majors.
    Zero tolerance to being humans that have good days and bad days. Needs to hire robots.
    No affordable housing in area. Everyone lives far away but are docked when late. I was lucky to live near.

Advice to Management

Sell out to ShipitTo and arrange for golden parachutes. Or partner with SEKO Logistics.
    Get management training at Edwards Deming Institute.
    You are running a factory.
    Establish a mentoring program. I did and I wasn't even in management.
    Let company be employee owned.
    Stop complaining about noise. Move CEO to soundproof detached office.
    Stop staring at a stain on the ceiling and a smudge on the wall and get to work.
    Management is a call to service not feudalism. Get to know people they are your biggest investment.
    The warehouse is often in fire-fighter mode rushing from emergency to emergency. I was there for 2.5 years I know. Plan.

Mar 21, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your response. Our company definitely has a smaller atmosphere and a more entrepreneurial feel to it than your larger organizations. Much of this comes from growing very rapidly over... More

"Great, smart co-workers, tough times for the company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at MyUS.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive salaries
    -Great people to work with
    -Enjoyable international work

Cons

-Work not prioritized appropriately
    -Projects are often underfunded or cut off prematurely
    -Some people are overworked
    -Management has a vague vision of what direction to take
    -While the company is very profitable, staff goals are rarely met making employment unpredictable
    -Competition is jumping over this company

"Don't Work Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at MyUS.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Okay pay, free lunch once a week

Cons

Fired me after three days over a small misunderstanding and lied about why. Management are up on thier high-horse.

Advice to Management

Come down