- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Germany - All Cities
- - Bavaria
- Australia - All Cities
- - Victoria
- - Melbourne, Australia Area
- - Melbourne
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - North Carolina
- - Wilmington, NC Area
- - Wilmington, NC
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Birmingham, United Kingdom Area
- - Birmingham, England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Uzbekistan - All Cities
- - Tashkent
- - Tashkent, Uzbekistan Area
- - Tashkent
Found 23 of over 25 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 28, 2022 - Business Operations AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Myagi is a place that roots for you! It really is people first and it was an honor to be a part of something so special.
Being remote it can feel isolated at times!
- Former Employee★★★★★Dec 28, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I recommend Myagi to my friends.
Not many that I can think of -- they're a solid team.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 9, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- The leadership of Simon, Dickie, Igor, and Leith is incredible. It's a rare find nowadays to have leaders who have low ego, inspire you to grow, create a safe environment to experiment, and have no room for BS. - THE TEAM IS AMAZING. Open, kind, no BS, willing to support. This is the #1 thing that makes Myagi amazing. We spend lots of time finding the right person for the role and it always feels like Myagi is investing in us. We do a poor job of marketing our great culture to the world, but it's truly amazing. - Customer driven teams and products. We're really hitting our stride after hiring a bunch of great product and engineering people who are making our product great. - 100% remote. You either love it or hate it. We used to have some local offices in the US, UK, and Australia. Now we're 100% remote and it's been great. I have ownership over my schedule and life. It really feels like work fits around my life, not my life fitting around work. - At this stage, there are lots of opportunities here to create your own thing and go for it. Part of that means taking initiative and keeping yourself accountable. It's just a fun place to experiment. - We have a true global team with people ALL over the world. I've learned so much about other countries during my time here.
- Everything that come with startup life also pops up. Things are constantly changing, we have to make tough choices for the business. It's challenging to balance the needs of the team, product, engineering, and customers. - The remote and globally distributed life might not work for everyone. Sometimes there are calls at random hours, but we also have lots of tools and processes to work asynchronously. - Not a lot of structure and processes (much better than before). The freedom from bureaucracy means sometimes floating in ambiguity as we figure it out together.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 9, 2021 - Executive Assistant to CEOs in Wilmington, NCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Everyone at the company is helpful, kind, understanding, flexible, and supportive
All over the world so time changes can be tough
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 17, 2020 - Customer Team MemberRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Leadership has great empathy for the team and their customers Awesome customers Distributed and diverse team
Made some lay offs when Covid hit Standard startup challengesContinue reading
Your support means a lot - thank you! Covid was a punch to the gut and it's been amazing to see how we've adapted to the challenge. Glad you're excited for this next stage of growth - we are too! Continue to keep us accountable and let us know how things can be better. #OneTeamWins #RespectfullyNoisy
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Apr 22, 2019 - Customer Success Director in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Every day you are challenged in different ways as the company and product continue to grow. Teams and management are flat and transparent which makes cross-functional projects and task straight forward which is rare. Everyone is easy to talk to in development and customer bugs and features are prioritized. Lots of autonomy to tackle your work as needed to achieve the defined end goal. It's generally a fun place to be, nice view, weekly office lunches, annual team camps, other occasional fun stuff just because...
Its a startup so on any given day you will have more than one hat on. Teams are small and growing so ongoing peer development, training, hiring process debt is the name of the game at the moment in every department. No one is going to tell you what to do (some love this, others just don't know what to do).Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★May 17, 2018 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Enthusiastic and driven team. Everyone takes pride in their work. It's a pleasure to work with people who are passionate and care about producing quality work, whether that's the user-facing product, quality of code, or customer support. I'm always encouraged to learn new skills & expand my knowledge of our tech stack. Managers are accessible and happy to have discussions, and they've made transparency a priority. I love how my suggestions are taken seriously, and I'm encouraged to implement my ideas if they're a good fit. The team is distributed across the world, but we still manage to maintain great communication.
Once you get up to speed, no one is going to hold your hand with day-to-day tasks. If you want to work here, make sure you're a self-starter. I personally see this as a positive, but might not be for everyone.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 4, 2018 - Product in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- great culture - drive and intelligent people - solid leadership - mature product - lots of potential - everyone has accents
none so far, it's been greatContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Apr 26, 2019 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Very passionate, caring team. - Fun people to work with. Excellent, growth oriented culture. - Lots of interesting product and engineering challenges.
No cons that I can think of.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 26, 2022 - Data Analyst in London, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- The people I worked with day in and day out are the best I have ever worked with! I would describe the culture like a family. - Excellent management! A clear vision is known by all the members of the company who each have a voice that would be heard. - Great work life balance. - Very healthy working culture, progressive with staying fair and equal to any employee whoever they are! - They are big into making each employee better and fund training courses!
- Not many to think of, maybe since it is a fully remote role then this won't be for you if you are looking for an office environment.
Thanks for the positive review! It's tough work to maintain a culture where people feel respected, have a clear vision of where the business is headed, and are connected to the community of globally remote Myagians. Glad to hear you had a great experience. We miss you already and the door is ALWAYS open for you to return.