94% would recommend to a friend
(25 total reviews)
100% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Tech
13 hours ago
So I recently got an offer at Tiktok but I’m not actually interested in joining due to their poor WLB. TC is currently 30% higher than what I make. Can I share this with my manager and ask for a counter offer? Counter offer seems pretty common at our company, but they don’t necessarily match the bump exactly, which is fine. Is there a chance that he is taken aback that I’ve been interviewing during work time and kicks me out? Don’t want to take the risk of actually accepting Tiktok…
Got a burning question about Myagi? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Myagi employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Found 25 of over 27 reviews
Updated Oct 19, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Feb 9, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Interview process is thorough and with really personable people. Product updates are consistent and detailed. It's a global company so you get to know and get exposed to way more than you would otherwise. Has a really great handle on remote work and manages working in multiple time zones.
Some time zones might find it a little more difficult to connect as regularly.
- 5.0Oct 28, 2022Business Operations AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Myagi is a place that roots for you! It really is people first and it was an honor to be a part of something so special.
Being remote it can feel isolated at times!
- 5.0Jul 9, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- The leadership of Simon, Dickie, Igor, and Leith is incredible. It's a rare find nowadays to have leaders who have low ego, inspire you to grow, create a safe environment to experiment, and have no room for BS. - THE TEAM IS AMAZING. Open, kind, no BS, willing to support. This is the #1 thing that makes Myagi amazing. We spend lots of time finding the right person for the role and it always feels like Myagi is investing in us. We do a poor job of marketing our great culture to the world, but it's truly amazing. - Customer driven teams and products. We're really hitting our stride after hiring a bunch of great product and engineering people who are making our product great. - 100% remote. You either love it or hate it. We used to have some local offices in the US, UK, and Australia. Now we're 100% remote and it's been great. I have ownership over my schedule and life. It really feels like work fits around my life, not my life fitting around work. - At this stage, there are lots of opportunities here to create your own thing and go for it. Part of that means taking initiative and keeping yourself accountable. It's just a fun place to experiment. - We have a true global team with people ALL over the world. I've learned so much about other countries during my time here.
- Everything that come with startup life also pops up. Things are constantly changing, we have to make tough choices for the business. It's challenging to balance the needs of the team, product, engineering, and customers. - The remote and globally distributed life might not work for everyone. Sometimes there are calls at random hours, but we also have lots of tools and processes to work asynchronously. - Not a lot of structure and processes (much better than before). The freedom from bureaucracy means sometimes floating in ambiguity as we figure it out together.
- 5.0Aug 9, 2021Executive Assistant to CEOsCurrent EmployeeWilmington, NC
Everyone at the company is helpful, kind, understanding, flexible, and supportive
All over the world so time changes can be tough1
- 5.0Apr 22, 2019Customer Success DirectorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Every day you are challenged in different ways as the company and product continue to grow. Teams and management are flat and transparent which makes cross-functional projects and task straight forward which is rare. Everyone is easy to talk to in development and customer bugs and features are prioritized. Lots of autonomy to tackle your work as needed to achieve the defined end goal. It's generally a fun place to be, nice view, weekly office lunches, annual team camps, other occasional fun stuff just because...
Its a startup so on any given day you will have more than one hat on. Teams are small and growing so ongoing peer development, training, hiring process debt is the name of the game at the moment in every department. No one is going to tell you what to do (some love this, others just don't know what to do).
- 5.0May 17, 2018Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Enthusiastic and driven team. Everyone takes pride in their work. It's a pleasure to work with people who are passionate and care about producing quality work, whether that's the user-facing product, quality of code, or customer support. I'm always encouraged to learn new skills & expand my knowledge of our tech stack. Managers are accessible and happy to have discussions, and they've made transparency a priority. I love how my suggestions are taken seriously, and I'm encouraged to implement my ideas if they're a good fit. The team is distributed across the world, but we still manage to maintain great communication.
Once you get up to speed, no one is going to hold your hand with day-to-day tasks. If you want to work here, make sure you're a self-starter. I personally see this as a positive, but might not be for everyone.
- 5.0Nov 17, 2020Customer Team MemberCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Leadership has great empathy for the team and their customers Awesome customers Distributed and diverse team
Made some lay offs when Covid hit Standard startup challengesMyagi Response3y
Your support means a lot - thank you! Covid was a punch to the gut and it's been amazing to see how we've adapted to the challenge. Glad you're excited for this next stage of growth - we are too! Continue to keep us accountable and let us know how things can be better. #OneTeamWins #RespectfullyNoisy
- 5.0Nov 4, 2018ProductCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
- great culture - drive and intelligent people - solid leadership - mature product - lots of potential - everyone has accents
none so far, it's been great
- 5.0Apr 26, 2019Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
- Very passionate, caring team. - Fun people to work with. Excellent, growth oriented culture. - Lots of interesting product and engineering challenges.
No cons that I can think of.
Myagi Reviews FAQs
Myagi has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 27 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Myagi to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
94% of Myagi employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Myagi 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.