Myers Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Andrean Horton
0 Rating
  1. "Production Supervisor"

I worked at Myers Industries

Pros

Good benefits and environment. People was nice and friendly.

Cons

Hot in summers and cold in winters

Myers Industries2018-11-30
  2. "Growing pains except not growing"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Myers Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hardworking front line employees from warehouse to face to face sellers.

Cons

Leadership: CEO to group presidents could careless about the individual. Turnover is tremendous

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to care, roll up your sleeves and jump into the trenches. The reason you can not drive any initiatives; you won't hold people accountable.

Myers Industries2019-07-09
  3. "Mid Management"

I worked at Myers Industries full-time

Pros

Focus on cash generation and analytics.

Cons

Executives do not walk the walk. Limited/no focus on people resulting in a toxic culture.

Myers Industries2018-08-02
  4. "Laborer"

Former Employee - Laborer in Bristol, IN

I worked at Myers Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a nice place to work at and also some of the people were nice,also only had a 4 day work week but I tried to work most Fridays.

Cons

Getting up at 3am was taking a toll and also the commute. When I Get Off there was no time to take care of personal business because everything would be closed.

Myers Industries2018-05-14
  5. "Mid-Management"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Akron, OH

I worked at Myers Industries full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

401K and they match a small percentage

Cons

Short staffed Elimination of seasoned employees A lot of stress and low pay

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

Myers Industries2018-01-15

"Mid Senior Level"

Current Employee - Mid Senior Level in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Myers Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My co-workers were very pleasant to work with, 401K Match was also very good.

Cons

Zero investment in humans as valuable assets. Bottom line, net profits and contribution to margin are the very top priorities. Massive terminations of many employees that have worked for the company for 10 years or more, even though they were highly qualified in their roles. Business model and philosophy is driven hard from the top down with very little input or contribution from employees that do not work in the corporate office. I have seen several really talented professionals terminated without cause in the past year and a half, these were people that were good at their job and very good to work with.

Advice to Management

Profit and contribution margins are very important to the survival of a business, but human capital is just as important and should be treated as an investment, not a burden.

Myers Industries2017-12-19
  7. "Considered yourself secondary and products and customers first place"

I have been working at Myers Industries full-time

Pros

A lot of the employees and a couple of supervisors are good people and hard workers (at least on 1st shift) and the pay and benefits are decent

Cons

Quality control can be a mess, especially if we're dealing with products from 2nd and 3rd shift employees. Ever since they started this 80-20 Kaizen bit, it's making it harder for us to actually like our job. Management doesn't really get involved or get their hands dirty with the exception of a couple of them. They have very poor communication skills, they're afraid of taking criticism, and just like the CEO, corporate, and president of Ameri-Kart, they lack empathy. With all the Saturdays they stole from us over the summer because they can't hold off on taking on new orders. They just had to keep piling them to the backorders. I would love them to work the hours we had to put up with, and I feel awful for the mold shop because they have it way worse in terms of work to live ratio. And they're doing this new thing next week where they want us to work 10 hour days Monday-Thursday (6am-4:30pm) and having Friday through Sunday off. That sounds good on paper, but what if you have doctors appointments that close between 3 and 5? Or grade school kids that depend on a parent being home during the time the parent is at work. Not to mention, you don't get any official 15 minute breaks before and after lunch, which I think should be a crime. And if they mandate overtime (and they will), they'll force you to work the next day on Friday. Hope you won't feel exhausted the first 40 hours you crunched in 4 days. They didn't even ask us how we felt about it or even give us a two week notice about it. They just decided right off the bat on Tuesday that they're doing this next week. Don't like it? Then find something else. I bust my butt I feel like every week, and I'm going to find something else eventually. I'm tired of feeling unappreciated and getting stressed out at this job. They continue to make us bend over backwards for them. I'd like to see them working these hours and doing the things we do. Another thing is the random drug tests, which are fine, but they often repeat the same people needless because they draw randomly. Put the name in another pile till you get to the last name then start over! I hope this company gets what it truly deserves. And if it goes down, Ameri-Kart and all, I won't feel bad at all. It'll be the CEO's fault for the boneheaded decisions he made. Avoid working here if you can. Consider it a plague.

Advice to Management

This goes for CEO, corporate, and the president of Ameri-Kart as well. Learn to communicate with your employees. We're not just numbers or dirt under your thumbnail. We're human beings that have feelings like you. You always make it harder and more challenging for us. I think you need to learn to have more sincere empathy, get out there and see what it's like for us, and let us have a life outside of work for goodness sake! I don't want to be exhausted after work because then I won't have the energy to have a life outside along with my other obligations. You gave me a new view on the RV and overall plastics industry. It's not a good view. I find that if you take away our personal time, you not only disregard is, you disrespect your employees. But what do I know? I'm just a fly you can swat away. I have no pride in the work I do here. Writing this fired me up on finding something else even more so. I hope others find this review useful so they can avoid any factory with "Myers Industries" attached to it.

Myers Industries2017-11-09
  8. "Poor leadership, good strategy"

I have been working at Myers Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

New CEO has developed a good vision

Cons

Poor leadership at the next level down and around CEO - only concerned about themselves and compensation

Advice to Management

Develop and invest in your people instead of blaming them for everything. There are many capable people inside the company willing to learn, change and support the vision. Lead.

Myers Industries2017-10-14
  9. "QA"

I worked at Myers Industries full-time

Pros

Learning experience. Good people and hard workers.

Cons

Stressful environment. A lot quality issues.

Myers Industries2017-06-16
  10. "Constant state of flux"

I have been working at Myers Industries

Pros

Change is sometimes good for my employer

Cons

However, we have constant turnover in key positions

Myers Industries2016-10-28