Mylan Inc Reviews

3.6
Mylan Inc CEO and Director Heather Bresch
Heather Bresch
Pros
Cons
  • "poor work-life balance and lack of care for employee happiness(in 51 reviews)

• "Upper management constantly decreasing perks while taking more for themselves(in 20 reviews)

1. "Great benefits"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits 1. Medical benefits is so low that it adds easily 10k in total compensation 2. 401k matching is great. On top of that profit share contribution at year end also good.

Cons

People issues Just like any other large organisation

Mylan Inc2020-05-23
  2. "Company declining"

Former Employee - Specialist in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomous work environment; good health insurance

Cons

Job security; poor company ethics

Mylan Inc2020-05-30
  3. "review of mylan"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros

good work environment; fairly compensated

Cons

executive management out of touch

Mylan Inc2020-04-24
  4. "Micro Managing"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people, small company atmosphere

Cons

micromanaging, bad top leadership, not open to new ideas

Mylan Inc2020-05-21
  5. "The most broken culture I have ever experienced"

Former Employee - Director in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities for global experience, some truly dedicated healthcare colleagues to work with, decent benefits

Cons

Culture is right out of the 1950s. Arrogance abounds from employees that have been there 20+ years (lots of them grew up with the company from its Morgantown beginnings), screaming and cussing in meetings is common, bullying behavior is accepted as normal. Truly broken and horrible culture. I've worked in large Pharma companies for most of my career and I've never seen anything as bad as this culture.

Mylan Inc2020-05-16
  6. "Low pay and certain locations promote their favop"

1.0

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place to get Experience

Cons

Pay is very low. Management promotes people based on who they like. At this particular location it’s the puerto rican people. If you’re not puerto rican or haven’t been with the company forever you’re not gonna get a Sr. Chemist position. Even if you work harder and your results are better. Best way to advance at this Mylan location is to be puerto rican. If lab management likes you they will let you do just HPLC testing and push all the test you don’t want to do on other people, this is an issue because if all you do is HPLC and none of the other “annoying” harder test then of course your performance will look better on paper and get you promoted. Oh and guess who they let get away with this? That’s right, the Puerto Rican people. HR doesn’t care either. HR is just there to make sure the company doesn’t get sued.

Mylan Inc2020-05-14
  7. "Excellent company. Nonetheless, need equipment updates"

Former Employee - Technical Writer/Document Control Specialist in Caguas, PR

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees are truly interested in doing their best job

Cons

Machinery and equipment need to be upgraded

Mylan Inc2020-04-07

April 24, 2020Mylan Global Talent Team

You’re right- our employees are motivated by making a difference. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the feedback!

8. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Plant Operator in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed being locked in a room with a machine. I was responsible for my own area and its production. Honestly, it was ideal.

Cons

Shift options were minimal. Day shift was only available after 8-9 years.

Mylan Inc2020-02-24

March 13, 2020Mylan Global Talent Team

We are glad you enjoyed your role at Mylan. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

"Toxic Work Environment/Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of the best HSA contributions I have ever seen.

Cons

The Overall benefits/pay/bonus/401K are standard for the pharmaceutical industry (I have seen both better and worse). The company falls victim to continuously promoting employees to the level of incompetency (especially seen in counter offers when employees move to resign). The site not being regulatory compliant (i.e. FDA warning letter) has created a very toxic, hostile culture where finger pointing occurs on a daily basis. The site is not a champion of teamwork and collaboration. Most of the site leadership has left or has been fired within the past year or two. Talent retention is non-existent and not prioritized, as evident by the high employee turn-over. Employee continuous development is kept at a minimum too with little to no opportunities provided by the company. Most of the employees are split between “waiting for severance” on the expected site closure/down-sizing or desperately applying for opportunities elsewhere.

Mylan Inc2020-02-25

May 7, 2020Global Talent Leader

We are sorry you feel this way about your time at Morgantown − it is a site that has experienced a lot of change. The leadership team continues to work hard to encourage teamwork, build strong morale and create a sense of ownership. Our Morgantown employees are doing great things every day at work and in the community of which we are very proud. We monitor retention closely and focus on ways to improve it by listening to our employees and creating solutions and improvements to things that matter to them. In regards to our offerings, you’re right, our Health Savings Account contribution is a strong one and designed to encourage employees’ well-being. It is one part of what we consider to be a competitive benefits package.

10. "Competitive Salary"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros

Great health insurance benefits offered.

Cons

Pay not as competitive as most other pharmaceutical companies due to location.

Mylan Inc2020-02-18

February 25, 2020Mylan Global Talent Team

Thank you for recognizing our competitive benefits and compensation package! We appreciate your feedback.

Found 717 reviews