Mylan Inc Reviews in Saint Albans, VT | Glassdoor

Heather Bresch
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance could be improved (in 27 reviews)

• No work life balance, and there are too many managers (in 9 reviews)

1. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Chemist in Saint Albans, VT
    Former Employee - Chemist in Saint Albans, VT

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good insurance, minimal stress, decent pay

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement

"Run Away"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Saint Albans, VT
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Saint Albans, VT

Pros

Benefits are OK (for now)....there's not much else to rave about

Cons

Worst place I have ever worked in my entire life...I would never, under any circumstances, ever work for them again. Brutal, emotionally violent management...they will strip you of your dignity and humanity in a matter of weeks....then force you to do the same to your staff

Advice to Management

I have no words that could possibly help management at MTI....the site is doomed....learn to speak Hindi is all I can offer.....it wont be long before the whole transdermal mfg ops are moved to India.

"QC Chemist Mylan Pharmaceuticals"

Current Employee - QC Chemist in Saint Albans, VT
    Current Employee - QC Chemist in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mylan has Great benefits with vacation and 401K as well as annual base salary bonus. Multiple company promotions an benefits through out the year

Cons

Growing pains of a newly global company, training process is tedious an time consuming although thoroughly covered. Seems like a social stigma throughout company.

Advice to Management

Consideration of employee feedback

"Complete Lack of Leadership"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Saint Albans, VT
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is a saying at MTI that "the plant is successful despite the GM not because of him". This couldn't be more true. There are a lot of great people that make the plant perform as well as it does. With strong leadership, the plant could do phenomenal things. Mylan is a good company that pays well and has a good bonus program which is a big reason MTI retains as many people as they do. Medical, optical, and prescription benefits are above average, dental is below average.

Cons

The GM is a nice guy but the plant has grown beyond his capability. He is a severe micro-manager and doesn't trust people to make decisions. There are people in key positions of leadership that have no business being in them but they've been there a long time and are entrenched. Communication from the top down is very limited when it comes to current status of drug approvals.

Advice to Management

Advice to Complex Products leadership, it's time to clean house. Things at MTI are not as portrayed to you. Information is kept within the walls of the plant that would surprise you. There is a strong feeling of negativity that runs from leadership down to the lowest level of employees. This makes people do the bare minimum and will eventually lead to difficult inspections.

5. "R&D engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, VT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Albans, VT

Pros

my internship lead to my next job, positive experience

Cons

I did not find any cons during my internship, management was supportive

6. "Quality Assurance"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Saint Albans, VT
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Technician in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Opportunity for growth. I've been promoted twice in 7 years. My co-workers are excellent to work with

Cons

Management tends to micro manage. Reviews can be stressful. Sometimes the things they say are a surprise. Also they sometimes don't appreciate the effort you put in to a project.

Advice to Management

Give people room to breathe. Let them know when they are doing a good job. Continue to give people opportunities to grow within the job.

"Management"

Former Employee - Management in Saint Albans, VT
    Former Employee - Management in Saint Albans, VT

Pros

The benefits are barely decent, but fading fast

Cons

I have worked for a number of high level, professional companies over my 30+ years in the workplace, some ranging from 40 employees upwards of 22, 000. I have worked as an industry consultant, a termed employee and a regular employee and have held numerous executive level positions and worked all over the world. I am well educated, speak 3 languages and consider myself to be a consummate professional. That being said, I can in all honesty say that I have never, in my entire career, work at a place as emotionally and psychologically damaging as Mylan Technologies Inc (MTI) in St Albans, Vermont. I am barely able put into words what a complete and utter nightmare it has been to work at their facility. If you are an intelligent, honest, hardworking individual who possesses any manner of moral fibre and you care about what you do, then all I can say is the Nine Circles of Hell in Dante’s Inferno have nothing on being employed at MTI. There is not one iota of hope for that facility or its prison-like culture or executive management’s tyrannical command-and-control management “style”. Dante said it best: “All hope abandon ye who enter here...”

Advice to Management

Resign...all of you.

8. "Great opportunity to join a growing, developing company"

Current Employee - Operator in Saint Albans, VT
    Current Employee - Operator in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mylan Technologies is a growing company and is working hard to create a sustainable company in the U.S. While leadership is not perfect, there is genuine concern for improving the site to allow long-term employment and management generally cares about the employees. Much of the current dissatisfaction is based upon the change from a small local company to a global company that has greater demands and expectations. Change is hard and is more difficult for some. You can't beat the benefits, the pay is good for our area and we get to live/work in beautiful Vermont. The best place ever. I really like my coworkers and management. We've grown a lot in the last couple of years and that has been difficult, but Mylan has always been good to me. I really like my coworkers. They are dedicated and knowledgeable and very hard working.

Cons

Rapid growth. Changing to become a global company. Lots of new employees (see rapid growth). There has been a significant amount of overtime but that seems to be getting better. Lack of some resources to make our jobs easier.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees. Hear what they have to say. Everyone is busy, but many of us have ideas on how to help. I would like to see more of you on the shop floor. Not more of the ones I already see, but the management that I don't usually see.

"Hillbilly Mismanagement and Ignorance – A Complete Disaster"

Current Employee - If I Told U They Would Fire Me in Saint Albans, VT
    Current Employee - If I Told U They Would Fire Me in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get a paycheck, the benefits are still good (for now)

Cons

Our executive management at MTI is utterly incompetent. They are a cabal of “good old boys” who have been allowed to promote each other into executive positions of power and now exercise complete control over this facility the fate of its products and employees. As one of the other posters noted, “tyranny” would be a kind description, and the bullying and favoritism is rampant and encouraged by both senior and executive management – its psychological violence, plain and same, designed to exercise complete control over employees. Total confusion, and indeed, paranoia is rampant – how would you feel if your job was threatened very day my management? Our health care claims for psychological distress are through the roof....and MTI just ignores it.

Mylan Southpointe has allowed these so-called “leaders” to crawl, slither seep and ooze into positions of power and they are costing (and will continue to cost ) MTI millions of dollars in lost revenue. Morale at the site is in the toilet, employees have lost all confidence in our so-called “leadership” and employees simply come to work and go through the motions; they do not care – why should they? Its obvious their leadership does not care about them, and Morgantown continues to let them run amok. This is not something new, and Mylan Southpointe has consistently turned a blind eye to it. Is this how you want one of Mylan's premier revenue generators to continue to operate??

Advice to Management

Mylan Southpointe - do what needs to be done – send a team up, investigate, fire the entire leadership team (from Directors on up to VP) and replace these backwater pharmaceutical hillbillies with competent, educated, ethical, moral industry professionals. Show MTI that you care as much about us as you to the bottom line. Allowing these people to continue to control the fate of MTI will be the end of this manufacturing site.

"20th Century Manufacturer"

Current Employee - Scientist in Saint Albans, VT
    Current Employee - Scientist in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

pay and benefits package is very good

Cons

This is a very antiquated 20th century management group, which lacks leadership skills, provides little or no direction or vision among managers and supervisors. Blind obedience is the daily order of the day.

Advice to Management

Be more receptive and open to employee improvement suggestions, and stop encouraging employees to inform on one another. Encourage adult, rational interactions.