Myler Disability Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Bradford D. Myler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great job, Expensive Benefits"

I worked at Myler Disability full-time

Pros

Awesome co-workers, great management, great training felt well prepared for the job, helping out the clients with various issues, nice size desk space, options for medical and dental after 3 months.

Cons

The medical benefits are great but they're very expensive if you have a pre-exisiting conditions or want some decent coverage that is not a H.S.A.

2. "Steady Work"

Former Employee - Case Manager Team Lead in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Case Manager Team Lead in American Fork, UT

I worked at Myler Disability full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The manager of Case Management was a great guy to work with. I got regular raises (although they were very small). I liked working in a place that was trying to help the less fortunate. It was a nice place to work while I was going to school.

Cons

Some of the upper management was not great. Ran in to some very awkward infighting. Pay was not great.

3. "Case manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Case Manager in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Myler Disability full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 4 years. They have always been flexible with my schedule ( I have 2 small children), they always worked with me on maternity leave, doctors visits etc. the department manager is great.

Cons

Impossible to advance unless you are buddy buddy with the right people, supervisors pick and choose who does what, most of the time saving easy stuff for themselves. I get yelled at by angry clients at least once a day. Pay is crap. Hardly any raises and no bonuses. Management does not care about the quality of work, claims get messy because of lazy mistakes and nothing gets said or done about it. Clients get blown off, then call back angry and someone else has to deal with it.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees and clients better, quit focusing so much on making a profit.

4. "Attorney"

Current Employee - Attorney in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Attorney in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Myler Disability full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great flexible schedule. Management is great to work with and you get to help people who are at the worst points in there lives.

Cons

The travel schedule can be he hectic. Communication can sometimes be difficult due to distance. Other than that it's a great company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. This is a great place to work. Management is a group of caring individuals with a plan to succeed go into the future.

"Started out good"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in American Fork, UT

I worked at Myler Disability full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full time, benefits, okay pay, easy work, good hours

Cons

Team Leads are horrible, supervisors don't care, expected to achieve things that were not controllable, yelled at if you failed to achieve, no bonuses, Healthcare is expensive, required to get 25 intakes a week...if you get less or fail to "zero out" you can get write ups. You hardly get PTO, and I feel like some of the things the company does it sketchy. Sometimes it doesn't feel honest.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they're irreplaceable then they will be more likely to stay, give more PTO, train employees better

"Hearing Manager"

Current Employee - Hearing Manager in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Hearing Manager in American Fork, UT

Pros

My department does a monthly potluck and has incentives every now and then to keep the morale in the office up. However, i don't feel it is enough as they have a high turnover rate and at least 5 workers call in sick every day of the week. I've seen it as high as 12-15 people a day before. and for a department that only has 50 people in it 5-15 people really makes a difference as for as a work load goes. Despite not having everyone in at a time the workers who do come in manage to keep up to date on the work and no one ever really gets far behind. I feel like they should bring bonuses back for the people who are efficient and actually come in everyday or take little work off. It is a very stressful job most days as all they can do to monitor work is look at numbers. I like numbers myself, but If your numbers are bad then you are bad despite the high caseload sizes and with a person or two leaving every other weak it doesn't help much either. The work is not Mindless or tedious and you have to use your brain a little bit which makes it a more interesting job then most cubicle jobs.

Cons

It is ALWAYS freezing. I have to wear a winter jacket and have a blanket inside the building every day of the year doesn't matter if it is winter or summer. There is no excuse for not having the building at a decent 72-75 degrees in the winter and a 69-72 degrees in the summer. I should NOT have to have a blanket at an office job. That is ridiculous. I should be able to wear a T shirt and not get goosebumps and shiver... thats the biggest complaint i hear and also have myself.

Advice to Management

Learn from DoMo and take a step to appreciate the workers a little better. Without us you would not have a paycheck. I know Myler Disability made some good cash in 2014. So, spending an extra 10-20k on increasing everyone's wages a little should mean nothing. I feel that workers are not getting compensated enough for the work they are doing. Being an HM is not an easy task so whats stopping them from making 11 dollars an hour at a place that is mindless and takes little effort. Things can take place to prevent people from just going for the paid training and then bolting after training is over. offer less to trainers and increase there wage once you know they are in it for the long haul. I understand that the minimum wage is $7.25 (which btw hasn't and wont change any time in the near future) but 11.00 for ALL the work we do is not enough compensation. And most of us go just to get paid. Not because they want to go to work.

i have no opinion on Brad because he seems nice but he has not been in the office for as long as i remember he just sits back and watches the $$$ flow through his bank account. He has no idea what is going on in his company currently and from my point of view has no plans on trying to include himself at all.

"Good and bad"

Former Employee - Hearing Manager in American Fork, UT

I worked at Myler Disability full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Low impact work pace. They pay money. Awesome Team leads. Diane in the lobby is so nice to everyone.

Cons

Low pay. many saftey concerns. Some people are just their for a pay check. Poor interactions and communication.

Advice to Management

Team leads are great but the supervisor had a lack of interest with what thier employees do or are doing only about performance.

8. "Myler Disability"

Current Employee - New Claims Specialist in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - New Claims Specialist in American Fork, UT

Pros

Free soda, not a bad job, pretty dang easy, you get to hear disabled people's stories which sometimes can be sad, sometimes they're hilarious though

Cons

Long days, can get boring

9. "Attorney"

Current Employee - Staff Attorney in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Staff Attorney in Washington, DC

I have been working at Myler Disability (More than a year)

Pros

This has been the best company I have worked for an Attorney. I work from home and have a very flexible schedule. My Direct Supervisor is very caring and understanding, but his direct supervisors and Attorney Managers are outstanding. Top management and the executives interact regularly with us. All of my interactions have been nothing but positive. The upper management is very personable on the Attorney side. I have worked several legal jobs in my years as an Attorney and this is by far the best legal job I have ever had, and the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

I don't get to see my fellow Attorneys face to face, but I don't know if that is always such a bad thing.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing an outstanding job. This is the best company with the best Attorney managers I have ever worked with. Keep up the great work.

"Attempting to function as a large company"

Former Employee - New Claims Representative in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - New Claims Representative in American Fork, UT

I worked at Myler Disability full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses, flexible to makeup hours if you need a day off, easy to get hired, fun holidays planned, seems professional, nationwide clients, constantly growing,

Cons

Overworked, uppermanagement is disconnected yet try to micromanage, your desk is a cubicle, ALWAYS changing, bonus are inconsistent, lots of company politics, difficult to grow within company

Advice to Management

Try to have happier employees to extend current turnover rate