KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Mynd Spa and Salon

Is this your company?

Mynd Spa and Salon

Add a Review

Mynd Spa and Salon Employee Reviews about "discount on services"

Updated Jun 13, 2018

Found 14 of over 223 reviews

3.3
Mynd Spa and Salon President & Chief Executive Officer W. Todd Walter (no image)
W. Todd Walter
Pros
  • "The discounts for employees with products and services are amazing(in 18 reviews)

• "You get a 90% discount on services booked same day at your home location and 50% off at other locations(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Salon & Spa Management was constantly changing at the time I was there(in 16 reviews)

• "Often times front desk would be bare, leaving workers to fend for themselves(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "discount on services"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

A review from a real AGM at the Harrah's location

Jan 10, 2017 - Assistant General Manager in Atlantic City, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company truly has an open door policy.There is a phone list for everyone in the corporate office and we are all made to feel we can reach out to anyone with any issue or concern. You get a 90% discount on services booked same day at your home location and 50% off at other locations. There is also a friend's and family discount and the retail discount is the best for any company I have worked for. There is information and communications about anything you need to know. From conference calls, corporate support, and our SharePoint, if you have a question or are unsure it is not hard to find answer. My location has has a lot of people grow within the company. If you are motivated and want to grow there are a lot of opportunities for you. Out of everything at Red Door my favorite thing is the people. I love my team. Red Door is great with charity and our techs give more to more charities then I can even count. The people of Red Door Salon and Spa all really do care about people's wellbeing. Corporate has a wellness committee that has different competitions to help us all stay healthy. There is a Red Door company newsletter called the Culture Chronicles that tells us what other people in the company are doing and what locations are doing for charity and employees. We have a lot of locations but it's still one big family.

Cons

While you do try to maintain a balance in your home and work life it is easy for it to take over if you are not careful. There are a lot of emails and it can be overwhelming when you return from your days off. if you check them while your off it is easy to get sucked into work mode.

2 people found this review helpful

Mynd Spa and Salon Response

Thank you for highlighting so many great benefits to working for The Red Door! Passion for your career is the secret to personal growth and the growth and stability of our company. With all of our locations nationwide, it is very important for us to keep the consistency of our brand and communication is key. We obtain this consistency with the tool you mentioned, our open door policy. With many methods for outreach you are able to connect with other locations, managers, technicians and all the way to our corporate level. Remember, we are here for you if you ever have a question. We appreciate your open and honest review and we thank you for being the right person, in the right place doing the right things.

2. 1.0

A disgrace to the Elizabeth Arden Legacy

Jun 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Receive discount on services and products

Cons

Upper Management is Terribly Unprofessional!

Northeast Regional Recruiter

We do all we can to uphold our legacy and only want the best for our team. Please contact us at guest relations so we know how we can improve. Thank you.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee

Low paying for a "high end" spa

Mar 19, 2018 - Guest Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

My teammates are amazing. I love working at the front desk solely for my teammates (not my managers) I enjoy interacting with them and feel like i have developed friendships with most of them if not all. You get a discount on services and products (but the products aren't that good)

Cons

the pay is pathetic. some of the services are upwards of $200 dollars yet front desk can only make 11-12 dollars? its pathetic. this is a luxury spa it should at minimum pay 15-17. no wonder the turnover rate is outstanding

1 person found this review helpful

Northeast Regional Recruiter

We love hearing that you work with an amazing team and enjoy the deep discounts we offer on retail and services! We do hope that you take advantage of our other great benefits, such as 401K, medical, dental and vision plans and our continuing education that is offered for all departments. Thank you for adding your review.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Save yourself the trouble, do not work here

Mar 15, 2018 - GSR
      Business Outlook

Pros

discounts on services and products. thats about it.

Cons

management is terrible, absolutely disgusting and disappointing. they have no boundaries, they think they own you and will take advantage of you. its not just bad management style, its the lack of respect and boundaries, the lying and backstabbing and gossip. theres a reason theres such high turnover, please save yourself the trouble, its not worth it. you can find another job.

Northeast Regional Recruiter

We appreciate you voicing your concern and would like to know more information. Please contact us at guestrelations@thereddoor.com so we can help.

5. 1.0

Poorly Run from Top to Bottom

May 1, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discounted services and products. A small number of management personnel was competent.

Cons

Team running the company has poor communication. Way too many conference calls where the majority of people aren't paying attention, and the information is redundant.

1 person found this review helpful

Mynd Spa and Salon Response

We appreciate you telling us about your concerns. One way for our company to stay in touch and keep our communication fluent is by hosting conference calls. We have heard your comments and will continue to work on providing the best environment for our employees. Thank you.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee

Fun, upbeat workplace. You'll get back what you put in.

Oct 14, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discounted Services & Products Working with true masters of their crafts

Cons

Retail, so weekends and holidays are required Must be self sufficient

Mynd Spa and Salon Response

Thank you for submitting your review based upon your experience with us at The Red Door! We love to hear all types of feedback and it is great to know that you work in a fun, upbeat workplace. Being in the retail industry does mean you often work many weekends, so to increase our work life balance we hope you are taking advantage of the great discounts on services and retail products. We are very lucky to work with true masters of their crafts like you stated!

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hair stylist

Jul 9, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome discount on services. Good benefits. Use great products. Employee sales on retail quarterly. All products needed are supplied to you. Training provided.

Cons

Bad management. Not very much traffic. Very specific clientele. Pay isn't good. Open longer hours than most salons and open 7 days a week.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Not a long term or happy place to be...

Feb 13, 2016 - Guest Service Representative in Gainesville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people you work with are friendly & great, the discounts on services are great too.

Cons

Lots of disorganization with management. Understaffing is a constant problem. Dealing with the nasty attitudes of regular clients & corporate guests from upstairs. Inadequate pay considering that the GSRs are basically managers & are overworked. It's impossible to find coverage for days requested off due to such a small front desk staff. Say goodbye to holidays and weekends off. No gratis products or recognition from management or corporate.

9. 3.0

downhill fast

Nov 15, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

free or discounted services if the general manager likes you

Cons

detached upper management, poor treatment of employees

10. 1.0

Ugh

Sep 11, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discounts on services/products, coworkers make the day much more enjoyable.

Cons

No room for growth. Management sucks just like everyone said. You can work somewhere else with less of the stress/headaches and more money. They give "raises" periodically but don't expect to get more than $1 raise. It's usually a 30 cent raise which is a joke. It's a revolving door of employees because everybody realizes how dumb they were for working there in the first place, so the morale is at an all time low.

7 people found this review helpful