Cover image for Mynd Spa and Salon

Mynd Spa and Salon

Is this your company?

Mynd Spa and Salon

Add a Review

Mynd Spa and Salon Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Feb 4, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 239 of over 239 reviews
3.5
56% Recommend to a Friend
53% Approve of CEO

Found 8 of over 239 reviews

3.5
Mynd Spa and Salon President & Chief Executive Officer W. Todd Walter (no image)
W. Todd Walter

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with (co(in 12 reviews)
  • "Friendly coworkers, close to ASU, downtown Tempe(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great team and always busy(in 7 reviews)
  • "My annual salary actually increased during the recession.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Great environment, more than enough clients.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management is an understatement.(in 39 reviews)
  • "Horrible pay horrible hours not even close to being as high end or as nice as some local day spas(in 10 reviews)
  • "Manager is always either getting hair done or sitting in the back office.(in 7 reviews)
  • "available benefits are good but you pay for most of them.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The work/life balance is also horrible, you will be expected to work your entire life around the job (as in, 'you should be grateful you have a Saturday off this month!')(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Full of opportunities

Aug 5, 2017 - Operations Manager in Garden City, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where to start...coworkers are great, the company offers training, support and opportunities for growth. I feel strongly that this company can lead to years of job satisfaction. Great discounts and wonderful technicans that give great services with a smile. Beautiful place to work. Flexible schedule & good benefits.

Cons

Of course hard work is necessary in order to get recognized in any position. No real cons.

Mynd Spa and Salon Response

Thank you for your honest review about us! Training, support and opportunities for growth are very important to us to offer as a company and we are glad to see that you recognize it. Putting in hard work is key in our industry but we are glad to see that you have a flexible schedule and enjoy the benefits that we offer.

2. 1.0

Ok

Feb 4, 2021 - Lead GSA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Friendly staff Training staff well

Cons

Sold company Brought on new staff with out telling them about the rebrand

3. Join the Mynd Spa and Salon team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Red door spa is a competitive place to work.

Feb 5, 2018 - Technician in Atlantic City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is commission plus tips. Flexible work schedule, Tips can be good! discounts on all products, booking isn’t by seniority, so you don’t start last to be booked appointments. You can make good money, if you are a salesman.

Cons

With All departments You will get booked in order by how much retail you sell, request rating, & average ticket. Each month, there is a formula, they use. So you have to be good at that if you wanna make money. Very competitive. At times technicians argue about appointments. Books are not evened out. So, someone could have five appointments & you won’t get an appointment until all others before you are all booked at that time. Very Competitive environment. It’s tough when you make it to the top, at times you get burned out & if you are at the bottom, you make no money, that month unless everyone else is booked up, because you are booked last & it’s depressing. Any discounts the spa gives, come out of your commission. There’s not really a lot of team work.

2 people found this review helpful

Northeast Regional Recruiter

Thank you for adding your review to our Glassdoor page. We are very pleased to see that you have enjoyed working with us for over 3 years! We appreciate you and all your hard work! Thank you again for being a great employee.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

one of the best jobs i've had

Sep 10, 2019 - SPA Attendant in Bellmore, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexible schedule, calm working environment, and no micromanagement

Cons

the pay, extremely slow unless it's the weekend, disconnect between corporate and spas, and high turnover rates which causes under staffing

Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for the time you have worked with us. We appreciate your dedication to your position, the team and our guests. We thank you for your advice as well and will continue to grow and make necessary changes. Hopefully our paths cross again in the future!

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Horrible place to work for

May 8, 2017 - Beauty Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

90% off services and flexible schedule

Cons

Everything specially management bs and low pay

1 person found this review helpful

Mynd Spa and Salon Response

Thank you for sharing your concern about your location. We take all comments very seriously and wish that you would address your concern with corporate. Please reach out so we can work together in finding a solution.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Nice having free sap services

Sep 11, 2014 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free spa services flexible schedule close to home

Cons

Long hours no advancement in company or pay

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing people do not makeup for the lack of business and structure.

Nov 6, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people. Flexible schedule. Have some Sundays off. Tips. Commission. Services for a very discounted price. Love 2 of the managers who are the only ones hat are consistently there.

Cons

Lots of turnover. Benefits are pricey. Corporate is unrealistic. Run through new managers all of the time just trying to find someone to blame when in reality the location was terrible. No one knew we were there.

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Job

May 3, 2019 - Colorist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, but once you pick your hours you need to keep them. Hard to switch around

Cons

Corporate is giving less and less % to its employees

1 person found this review helpful

Northeast Regional Recruiter

Thank you for adding your review to our page on Glassdoor! Yes, we do offer flexible hours for our service providers and we are glad to hear that you benefited from it. Please contact us at guestrelations@thereddoor.com so we can clarify your concern. Thank you again!

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews