KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Mynd Spa and Salon

Is this your company?

Mynd Spa and Salon

Add a Review

Mynd Spa and Salon Employee Reviews about "products and services"

Updated Jun 13, 2018

Found 18 of over 223 reviews

3.3
Mynd Spa and Salon President & Chief Executive Officer W. Todd Walter (no image)
W. Todd Walter
Pros
  • "The discounts for employees with products and services are amazing(in 18 reviews)

• "You get a 90% discount on services booked same day at your home location and 50% off at other locations(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Salon & Spa Management was constantly changing at the time I was there(in 16 reviews)

• "Often times front desk would be bare, leaving workers to fend for themselves(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "products and services"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Red Door Spa

Nov 2, 2016 - Guest Service Representative in Woodbury, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great work atmosphere! Staff has good morale and positive work ethic. Very clean facility, wonderful products and services! General Manager is always accommodating and constantly looking for feedback from employees for the betterment of the company!

Cons

No incentives for GSR's to make more money besides holiday promotions and yearly reviews there should be other opportunities offered.

Mynd Spa and Salon Response

Thank you for submitting your review based upon your experience with us at The Red Door! We are thrilled to gain such great feedback about your work environment, coworkers and General Manager. We are always looking for insight on how to improve and to continue to keep a high engagement with all our employees, please share some ideas you may have with your General Manager so we can work together with our Guest Service team.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great pay but hard work

Jun 28, 2015 - Massage Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

When it's busy, you'll have more than your fair share of work. Be prepared to work hard, and you'll be happy with your paycheck. Of all the places I've done massage for, Red Door pays the best, offers benefits, and has employees get deep discounts on products and services.

Cons

The work is seasonal. There will be months that are much slower than others, and you'll really feel the dry spells. During the busy season, you will be asked to work every time there is an opportunity. If you keep saying yes, you will get burnt out. Management will be very persistent in asking you to work beyond your committed schedule, and it's really important to say no if you need a break. The benefit plans, while I appreciate that they are offered, are not wonderful plans. Very often it is difficult for employees to schedule services for themselves, so don't count on using the perk of a discount as often as you may desire. As a technician, there is very little opportunity to grow, and good luck ever getting a raise.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

As in most large companies RED DOOR SPA is all about profits and not about taking care of employees.

Sep 15, 2014 - Massage Therapist in Deerfield, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers. It became like a family. Red Door consistently trains on new services and products. Depending upon your position in the booking order the money could be better than other spas.

Cons

Red Door has a booking hierarchy rated on retention and sales. When business is up everyone is busy so this doesn't effect anyone however when it is slow (especially with the economy of late) the person on top gets booked first and it trickles down to the bottom. When slow the person on top can be booked solid and the person on the bottom has nothing. This system does not work and the CEO has been told numerous times. He said " it's not going away so deal with it." They claim to have an OPEN DOOR policy but it usually goes in one ear and out the other.

6 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0

Assistant General Manager

Apr 8, 2015 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- nice discount on products and services

Cons

- compensation is way too low for the expectations - very disorganized from the top down - more concerned about quantity of busi ness than quality - the management qualities that I percieve to be rwewarded are not ones I want to portray. For example, stepping on others or throwing them "under the bus" to get ahead, not taking technician concerns seriously resulting in low moral, throwing you work/life balance out the window for the sake of a few budgetted dollars, leading with intimidation rather than a true open door for your staff where you support their career growth. To be successful here I would have to comprimise my values as a leader, as a co-worker and as an individual; if ur not willing to be cut throat and lead your staff with fear then go somewhere else.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

Low paying for a "high end" spa

Mar 19, 2018 - Guest Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

My teammates are amazing. I love working at the front desk solely for my teammates (not my managers) I enjoy interacting with them and feel like i have developed friendships with most of them if not all. You get a discount on services and products (but the products aren't that good)

Cons

the pay is pathetic. some of the services are upwards of $200 dollars yet front desk can only make 11-12 dollars? its pathetic. this is a luxury spa it should at minimum pay 15-17. no wonder the turnover rate is outstanding

Northeast Regional Recruiter

We love hearing that you work with an amazing team and enjoy the deep discounts we offer on retail and services! We do hope that you take advantage of our other great benefits, such as 401K, medical, dental and vision plans and our continuing education that is offered for all departments. Thank you for adding your review.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

it's a corporation you get what you get.

Jul 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discounts on products and services. Co workers made work fun, they felt like family. Enjoyed learning about new products or volunteering in new services for training for technicians.

Cons

No raises. I asked several times. all I would get is let me look at the numbers at the end of the year...then asked again and all I got was when I do the yearly review will talk about it. Came and went...nothing! I would come in on my days off. Drive to be there early with really bad weather. Would stay late if needed. I was never late. Always on time. Work majority of the holidays. Very hard to get weekends off.

Mynd Spa and Salon Response

Thank you for expressing your experience with us at The Red Door on Glassdoor. We truly appreciate all of our employees and their hard work and dedication to their careers. As a company we go above and beyond for our guests and we do notice that our employees do the same! Thank you again for your feedback.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Elizabeth Arden would be very sad to see a Glass Ceiling within the Red Door

Feb 17, 2014 - Body Department Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding Legacy Discounted services and products

Cons

Executive and coporate staff do not care about the commissioned front line employees that build and maintain business and drive sales.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee

Employee satisfaction is not a concern to management

Nov 7, 2012 - Anonymous Employee in Belgrade
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount on products and services

Cons

Management treats employees poorly and speaks down to them. Paychecks are often short due to errors in payroll. Physical environment does not reflect the 5-star atmosphere Red Door promotes, but the prices are significantly higher than other places in the surrounding area. Management is very strict with policies and procedures but then they do not back you up when you try to enforce then so you are made to look unknowledge.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Back breaking for not enough money

Jul 24, 2016 - Hair Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount on products and services

Cons

Horrible horrible. The amount of work given to a hair assistant is crazy for the amount of pay that's given. It's a physical job and although we get discounted services, it's really pulling teeth to get one. Meanwhile the hair department does everyone's hair in the spa.

Mynd Spa and Salon Response

Thank you for sharing your experience about The Red Door on Glassdoor. We appreciate all of your feedback. We have trainings set in place for all positions and they can be taken at any time. We encourage our staff members to share feedback with their General Manager to ensure we are offering all of our employees proper training.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Save yourself the trouble, do not work here

Mar 15, 2018 - GSR
      Business Outlook

Pros

discounts on services and products. thats about it.

Cons

management is terrible, absolutely disgusting and disappointing. they have no boundaries, they think they own you and will take advantage of you. its not just bad management style, its the lack of respect and boundaries, the lying and backstabbing and gossip. theres a reason theres such high turnover, please save yourself the trouble, its not worth it. you can find another job.

Northeast Regional Recruiter

We appreciate you voicing your concern and would like to know more information. Please contact us at guestrelations@thereddoor.com so we can help.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews