KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Myplanet Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2022

Found 107 of over 127 reviews

4.7
Myplanet Founder and CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Myplanet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

A Second Family

Mar 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- food - unlimited vacation - great office

Cons

- some attrition - hard to book meetings with some folks

Myplanet Response

CEO

Thank-you for taking the time to write this review. Our office(s) have a lot going for them. Glad that they have been a positive in your experience at Myplanet. We have a lot of perks, my favourite being the people I get to work with each day. I want to set a reasonable expectation that our vacation, sick and paid training time are generous but not unlimited. We work with each Myplaneteer as best we can to match up the appropriate work-life balance for their specific needs. Happy to report that our attrition is less than industry norm, though in 2014 we did have some of our new functions experience higher-than-average turnover as they established themselves. I'd love for you to reach out to me jason (et) myplanet.com to understand where is has been difficult to book time with myself, our leadership or key specialists within the company. Our job is to support our teams, and I want to ensure we improve on this front. While my time is increasingly consumed by travel to visit our clients, partners and offices I still ensure availability in group sessions such as Morning Coffee, Know Your Company and Company Retro. Please let me know where we can do better.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

A second family that definitely works hard and celebrates the big and small wins!

Jul 22, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- people - location - benefits - challenges that help you grow professionally - Mindfulness Mondays were great to take the break and reflect

Cons

- some people needed more structure than others - could be a culture shock for those that come from an larger enterprise organization.

Myplanet Response

CEO

Really appreciate your time writing this review. It sounds like a lot of your experience here at Myplanet resonated with you. I appreciate your time contributing to forums such as SOTU, Company Q&A, Morning Coffee and for providing feedback into our bi-weekly one-on-one feedback sessions. The best ideas we have heard and implemented come from those sessions. We try to be up-front that individuals who need extensive structure may not be a fit here at Myplanet. We're looking for those who can bring new ideas and challenges to our team. Thank-you again for your positive contributions to our story.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mostly great, some room for improvement

Jun 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting work, flexible working arrangements

Cons

Growing pains that come from scaling, lack of incentive to use the office makes collaboration and those that want to work at an office more challenging than necessary

4. 5.0

Great people, amazing Culture

May 26, 2022 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with amazingly talented people. Everyone is willing to help. Team work is amazing.

Cons

Some uncertainties about how projects/work is allocated.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Deceptive, Passive Aggressive, Antisocial

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, can work from home

Cons

- For a remote business, the amount of toxic gossip that takes place in this organization is beyond belief (discussions led openly in a passive-aggressive manner by more dominant team-members in either chats or during team calls) - Internally on many occasions I hear people speak poorly/disrespectfully of their clients - Often recommendations that are brought forward for process improvement are perceived as a personal attack - Senior management doesn't care about "the details", and brushes off concerns or points of views of employees regarding hostile workplace dynamics (I experienced this with a VP of Myplanet) - There is very little team spirit, or sense of belonging, as you'll be very unlikely to ever meet anyone in your team in person. There's company wide virtual calls, there's laughs and giggles in some chats, HR is trying their best, but teams in reality are not gelling. - People are very overworked

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent company with flexible hours

May 3, 2022 - Senior Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote based company Flexible work hours Great culture Brilliant people to learn from Fun and exciting challenges

Cons

Some (minimal) mandatory meeting that may land outside your regular schedule.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The most fulfilling work-from-home role I've ever had

Apr 27, 2022 - Content Writer in Barrie, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Myplanet is a remote-first employer. When I first started working with them, they quickly assuaged any trepidation I had from another work-from-home role. From (optional) virtual lunchtime chats with a random coworker to weekly lightning talk events, there are plenty of opportunities to get to know and connect with your colleagues on the other side of the screen. Compensation and benefits packages are competitive, and you never feel like your growth is stagnant. Just as you're able to create the schedule you want, you're encouraged to explore a career path that matches your interests and strengths. At an industry level, Myplanet does a great job at positioning itself as a leader within the commerce technology industry, publishing insightful thought pieces and taking pride in the work that it does.

Cons

A remote-first environment might be a deterrent for some, but if you make an effort to engage with others, you'll quickly feel right at home.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Flexible hour

Apr 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours and friendly environment

Cons

limited possibilities within a small organization

9. 5.0

Amazing culture

Mar 17, 2022 - Solution Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Myplanet has the best company culture, everyone is friendly, helpful, and smart. As a B-Corp, Myplanet puts a lot of attention on employee well-being and society. Lots of interesting projects and challenges

Cons

The company management structure is extremely flat which sometimes can lead to a lot of internal discussions without a clear decision-maker.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Mar 4, 2022 - Front End Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good working environment, team based approach and very progressive workspace.

Cons

Like any employer, not perfect but can't think of any major cons

Viewing 1 - 10 of 107 Reviews

Myplanet Reviews FAQs

Myplanet has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 127 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Myplanet to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Myplanet employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Myplanet. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

94% of Myplanet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Myplanet 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Myplanet to be senior leadership, career development, culture and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Myplanet Job Seekers