Myriad Genetics Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 17 reviews

4.4
Myriad Genetics CEO Mark C. Capone
Mark C. Capone
  1. "Growing company with a lot of opportunities"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Great company that looks out for it's people.

Cons

Some growing pains, but they will iron out soon.

Myriad Genetics2019-08-19
  2. "Wonderful company, everyone wants you to succeed!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people from IT to CEO. VP of sales took the time to introduce himseld and offer support, always a good sign when you're new. Everyone is all in when it comes to your success. I just finished 30 days of Phase 1 training, and couldn't ask for more support from training and my team. My manager is the reason I chose Myriad, and he is making me very glad I did.

Cons

They are going through a large acquisition, so a few processes have been interrupted. I think its caused a little upset, but people are getting back in the groove. Overall everyone is VERY happy to work here.

Myriad Genetics2019-07-31

"Good Company"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My Direct manager is wonderful to work for!

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with the field.

Myriad Genetics2019-06-05

"Oncology Account Executive"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great job for people who want to make a difference, strong science behind products

Cons

Company is unresponsive to market changes and demands, weak mid level leadership at the mother ship, salary and bonus structure make it very easy to leave this company

Advice to Management

Increase salaries, stop making excuses for not responding to customer demands

Myriad Genetics2017-02-08

"Break into Oncology and then move on"

Former Employee - Oncology Account Executive

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They will (and want) to hire account executives with zero oncology experience. This allows people to break into oncology. They will train you well. Benefits are great. Great work life balance. The mission is good- and people believe in it. The testing is absolutely best in class. This is a great place for someone looking to jumpstart a lab sales/oncology career.

Cons

Sadly, if you stay for an extended period of time you will find that Myriad pays low salaries compared to rest of industry. This used to be made up for by consistently doubling (or close to doubling) salary in commission, however that is essentially impossible now due to changes in compensation structure, contracting issues and market saturation. Leadership is completely oblivious to the mass exodus that has... happened in the oncology sales force. Either oblivious or they don't care, as most experienced AEs are replaced by new folks with zero genetics or oncology experience. Leadership arrogantly ignores the current reality of the marketplace. Unrealistic goals, sketchy compensation no longer based of actual sales. Sadly, this is no longer the same place it was years ago.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your field employees and understand the true nature of the market place. How can Myriad expect to win in its most competitive environment ever when most of its experienced folks have left? People are leaving because we feel unvalued, our work load is exponentially increasing with no recognition or increase in pay, and the job is quickly becoming a pharma check the box exercise nightmare. Demanding... oncology AEs make 8 calls a day is absolutely unreasonable and unrealistic. Consider paying higher salaries like the rest of the lab industry that are based on cost of living for an AE's specific location. We don't all live in Salt Lake City.

Myriad Genetics2016-10-12

"Management in it for themselves"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

They will hire Account Execs without Oncology sales experience and training them. Good training program.

Cons

Most management tends to worry about themselves and not of their most important asset, their people.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the success of your employees and your success will follow.

Myriad Genetics2016-10-10

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Respected as the "Grandaddy" of hereditary cancer genetic laboratories. Products are top quality in any niche. Training is excellent. Work / Life balance was valued. Incentives and commissions can be significant.

Cons

Salaries continue to be substandard compared to other oncology opportunities. High level performers can compensate with generous bonuses to some degree. The novelty is gone and competition is high since 2013 Supreme Court decision on BRCA testing. Some providers feel hostility toward Myriad for their handling of genetic counselors as part of the process and their unwillingness to open their data bank. This can... inhibit sales but regardless, as an entry to diagnostics I would do it all over again. It's a good company.

Myriad Genetics2016-07-18

"Account Executive"

Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

401K, easy access to physicians based on job description, good management

Cons

Overall compensation continues to lag behind

Advice to Management

Look to promote from within

Myriad Genetics2016-07-01

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product... first time in my career I actually felt I made a difference in a patient's life!

Cons

Ever increasing goals... but that is always expected in sales ;)

Advice to Management

Keep letting your reps be independent... its a great company to work for! :)

Myriad Genetics2016-04-29

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership with an amazing culture. They've been adaptable to market conditions to ensure their employees are taken care of while also pushing for growth and expanding their pipeline. Plenty of room for growth and movement within the company, especially with emphasis on research and development

Cons

Very little cons with this company. Many people were hired based on ties to a particular company which may not have been best suited for the positions, but most of the bad apples have been weeded out. Depending on the manager you have it can be the best work environment or micromanaged

Advice to Management

Be proactive in evaluating management. Ensure that the managers are cultivating business ownership and creating and environment for team members to learn and grow.

Myriad Genetics2015-08-15