Myriad Genetics Lab Technician III Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark C. Capone
  1. "A great company"

Current Employee - Lab Technician III in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Intriguing work depending on the department. Always lots to learn and do when looking for the opportunity

Cons

Lack of communication between departments can be frustrating. Also requirements between different reuglating bodies can be difficult to deal with.

Advice to Management

Myriad has been doing a great job at allowing family and career to balance in a mutually beneficial path and I hope that continues.

Myriad Genetics2016-07-27
  2. "It's ok"

Current Employee - Lab Technician III in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I get a lot of PTO. I get paid well for the amount of work I have to do, but most of the time I don't do a lot of work.

Cons

See pros. No one seems to care about us even though the lab makes the rest of the company function. The company grew quickly and there was a lot of internal hiring of unqualified people. Out of the managers that I know, very few do an acceptable job. A lot of good employees come and go, and some bad ones seem to stick around.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with the people at the bottom. You really need better middle management. Motivate good employees to stay with the company.

Myriad Genetics2016-11-21

"Lab Technician III"

Lab Technician III in Park City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics for more than 3 years

Pros

They got a nice gym along with a pool, ping pong, and foos table. Also not terribly stressfull

Cons

They pay less than ARUP and BIOFIRE, poor management, lack of understanding by the chief executives about day to day production. There are some nasty people in upper management I have been referred to my face as nothing but a blue lab coat by the one over my lab.

Advice to Management

More forethought when implementing things, better communication and firing some of the lab managers who don't seem to know what goes on in their lab and regularly degrades people.

Myriad Genetics2016-09-26

"Good place to start"

Lab Technician III in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Good place to gain experience. Training available. Great benefits. Flexible hours. Variety of lab environments to work in. Decent beginner pay.

Cons

No room for advancement. Pay does not go up as you improve with experience. Lack of promotions. Highly competitive for any bonus or advancement.

Advice to Management

Better more involved hands on training. Setting up better advancement opportunities. Increase pay to be more competitive and allow for raises.

Myriad Genetics2016-09-13