Myriad Genetics Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Myriad Genetics President/CEO Mark C. Capone
Mark C. Capone

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management does not reflect the demographics of the rest of the company (in 8 reviews)

• I didn't feel there was a very good work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Good starter job"

Current Employee - Lab Tech in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Lab Tech in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Decent starter wages, friendly work environment. Many shifts are very nice, 3-12 hour shifts or 4-10 hour shifts are fairly common in lab jobs.

Cons

Virtually impossible to advance past a certain point in either wage or job. Most jobs are extremely monotonous and routine. Essentially as a lab tech you will babysit one robot or another and that's it's. Nothing is challenging, stimulating, or different. Advancement is extremely stagnant, and work moral is often very low. Few incentives to work hard.

2. "Reimbursement Specialist"

Pros

Flexible hours and good benefits

Cons

Pay is low and goals are hard to meet

3. "Good work life balance with decent pay."

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Lab Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Myriad labs have a relaxed atmosphere. It is nice to work with intelligent and interesting people. 3 12.5 hour shifts per week and 4 days off is an amazing schedule. There is usually overtime available, but it isn't ever expected of you. Also, plenty of PTO and paid holidays. The health insurance rates just increased, but it is still the best around and it is great coverage!

Cons

The work leaves much to be desired- it's not very stimulating. Not much room for growth. Communication and relations between shifts needs improvement.

Advice to Management

Find ways to open communication and quell the finger pointing between shifts. Increases wages and/or bonuses!

Myriad Genetics Response

Jan 17, 2017 – EVP HR

Thank you for your recent review. Myriad encourages every employee to have work-life balance as we believe this encourages a fresh approach to your work. We have a strong wellness program and a ... More

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Lab Technician II Nightshift in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Lab Technician II Nightshift in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome benefits for insurance for not too expensive. Brand new gym and break rooms. Amazing supervisors in some labs and plenty of PTO given

Cons

The base pay is too low so there are many nightshirt workers that cannot afford a pay cut to move to Dayshift

6. "Lab Technician"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Good Benefits
    Flexible Hours
    Great co-workers
    Relaxed work environment

Cons

Not much room for growth
    Some departments are much better than others

7. "Intern"

Pros

Flexible, laid back and good life balance. Loved my managers.

Cons

Slow some days, and work is always more fun with things to do.

8. "Very Genuine Company and People"

Pros

The people and culture are great-everyone is down to earth, nice and helpful! You don't run into the politics like other companies. The pay is competitive and the benefits are great!

Cons

Parking can be an issue-but I know management is currently working on this issue.

9. "Spectacular Company"

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

The company has a positive feel and excitement that makes working there satisfying. The benefits are great and the work environment is positive. The human resources and support departments are top notch.

Cons

It is easy to get lost in the shuffle and you must toot your own horn or you may not get appreciated for your accomplishments.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive vibe going and don't forget the efforts of all who helped make the company what is it today.

10. "Company"

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Myriad Genetics was a good place to work. Caring company, some of the nicest people I've ever worked with, good benefits, enjoyable work environment, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Parking was an issue. Sometimes you'd go to lunch and come back and there'd be no where to park. I didn't feel there was a very good work/life balance. In my position if I needed time off I needed to check with a few different people to make sure I could take the time I needed.

Advice to Management

Work flow and task management could be better. Increase flexibility and making an effort to improve work/life balance would increase employee satisfaction.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Respected as the "Grandaddy" of hereditary cancer genetic laboratories. Products are top quality in any niche. Training is excellent. Work / Life balance was valued. Incentives and commissions can be significant.

Cons

Salaries continue to be substandard compared to other oncology opportunities. High level performers can compensate with generous bonuses to some degree. The novelty is gone and competition is high since 2013 Supreme Court decision on BRCA testing. Some providers feel hostility toward Myriad for their handling of genetic counselors as part of the process and their unwillingness to open their data bank. This can inhibit sales but regardless, as an entry to diagnostics I would do it all over again. It's a good company.