Myriad Genetics Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 16 Oct 2019

3.7
Myriad Genetics CEO Mark C. Capone
Mark C. Capone

"Worst technology leadership ever"

in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Benefits, flexibility and product management group is strong.

Cons

CTO approach to technology evolution is immature. Coming from a startup his approach has created significant gaps and causing a lot of chaos. Organization needs to look into this ASAP before the CTO leaves putting company in tough spot.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced leadership. CTO who is working from home doesn’t work especially if you want agility and modern technology.

Myriad Genetics2019-07-17

"1 Month Employment Anniversary"

Current Employee - WH Reimbursement Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

In my new role here at Myriad, I have found it to be a pleasurable experience. Often times when starting a new job you feel as if you do not fit in and that you will never be as knowledgeable as everyone else. The Myriad Team has made me feel very welcome and has helped educate me in their processes. I have been very impressed on their culture, love for employees and their patients.

Cons

Just being the new kid on the block.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Myriad Genetics2019-07-04

"Good company"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the none traditional work schedules. I also had one of the best managers. Decent benefits.

Cons

Could use better leadership

Advice to Management

Understand every part of your employees work. If you are short of workers you should be able to and want to help your employees out and know the job in and out. They will appreciate and respect you.

Myriad Genetics2019-06-16

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Digital Product Team in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a lot to like. 1. Flexible work environment, good approach to work-life balance - Everyone is very comfortable working remotely so it's easy to have a mix of in-office and remote days and work in a way that is optimal for you. 2. Good resource management - There is enough time to be thoughtful about your work and have the ability to plan. 3. Talented team members and supportive environment - Everyone... is really good at what they do and very welcoming/approachable. 4. Engaging and purposeful problems/challenges to work on - You're not working on another mobile app that measures success based on its user engagement. 5. Great location for people living on the peninsula, close to Caltrain (and not too bad for people in the city). 6. Quiet office environment - Even though it's an open office, you rarely need headphones. 7. Free daily lunch - Great variety and very tasty! 8. 401k matching - Rare to find a company that offers this.

Cons

There aren't many cons, especially when balanced out with the pros of working here, but for some prospective employees, it may be worth noting that Myriad has: 1. Less competitive pay - Myriad isn't far off but could be a bit better. 2. Mediocre health benefits - Given all the other companies I've worked at in Silicon Valley, the health benefits at Myriad definitely pale in comparison. Many companies (even the... large ones) in the area have a low tier option that costs the employee nothing and provides the same level of coverage or better than what Myriad employees have to pay for. 3. Open office plan - There are worse things, but I think this office trend is counterproductive for most people and companies should start to consider other solutions.

Advice to Management

Continue to gather and incorporate feedback from team members and support autonomy. Continue to promote great work-life balance and a flexible work environment – I think this is a huge enticement and competitive advantage for Myriad to attract and retain top talent. Push for better health benefits for employees.

"Lab Technician"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many different flexible schedules throughout the week

Cons

The pay tends to be quite low

Advice to Management

Pay employees more

Myriad Genetics2019-07-05
  6. "Myriad Genetics is an Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Myriad Genetics is one of the largest specialty molecular diagnostic laboratories in the world. 2. Located in Salt Lake City, Utah and expanding to a worldwide market. 3. MYGN is the leading personalized medicine company working very hard at pioneering molecular diagnostics. 4. MYGN is conducting extensive research to better understand the genetic basis of human disease. This understanding helps when making... important decisions on medical treatment plans.

Cons

None! Employees have great morale, and support Mark Capone, CEO and his leadership team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in caring for our patients, our business and our company. Thank you!

Myriad Genetics2019-06-20
  7. "Good Employer"

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Always had some sort of event to show appreciation to their workers.

Cons

Location, located at the top of a hill and driving conditions in the winter was not the best.

Myriad Genetics2019-06-17

"Used to be a great company"

Current Employee - Operations in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Some teams are able to work from home. Lunch is catered.

Cons

After the merger the company culture completely deteriorated. Myriad purposefully pays employees on the low end of the scale. Its like HR has never heard of cost of living in the Bay Area. Morale in most teams is in the toilet. Many teams are so disorganized, they only come into work when the brass is in town.

Advice to Management

Pay your talented employees a fair wage. Stop the tide of attrition. Don’t rely on one person to do the job of 2 or 3 people.

Myriad Genetics2019-06-28
  9. "Excellent employer, takes great care of employees"

Current Employee - Billing Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Myriad offers a wonderful benefits package and has so much to offer the employees. The bonuses and perks are generous and the incentives programs are amazing.

Cons

no complaints, I love this job.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.

10. "Wonderful Experience!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Myriad cares about their employees and they do not need to say it - they SHOW it. They provide you with all the tools and resources that you need to be successful in your particular role, but yet they also let you make it into your own. So thankful to be a part of this incredible company!

Cons

There are no cons to mention at this point.

Found 220 reviews