Myriad Genetics "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Myriad Genetics Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

3.7
Myriad Genetics CEO Mark C. Capone
Mark C. Capone
Cons

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Billing Clerk in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, Growth opportunities, Gym, Food Truck Thursday, Amazing leaders

Cons

Learning curve for people new to health insurance

Myriad Genetics2019-06-17
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Repeatedly named to the Forbes list of best employers in American. Great benefits for employees that are at or above the national standard. Purpose driven organization.

Cons

Needs to upgrade to K-cups from old fashioned coffee pots.

Myriad Genetics2019-04-15
  3. "Production"

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable job, great benefits, easy job.

Cons

No upward movement within the company. Difficult to advance. Monotonous, boring work. I'm doing the same thing every day.

Advice to Management

Don't treat employees underneath you are expendable. Some managers are really mean, sexist, and exhibit blatant favoritism.

Myriad Genetics2018-11-02

"Laboratory Technician"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere. Great benefits.

Cons

Lack of job opportunities. Poor decisions from upper management.

Myriad Genetics2018-01-06

"Management Level"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked here a lot of years, and was promoted up to Manager level. I feel like Myriad treats its employees well. We have great benefits and the team I work with are great, and work here for the right reasons, the patients. I've received a lot of Manager training with the new training program and it's helped a lot.

Cons

If you cant adapt to change, then this isn't the place for you. We are always going through change. I've noticed the people that cant handle it end up leaving. From my experience the change is for the better of Myriad. The pay isn't the highest, but I get profit sharing so that makes up for it. I was able to finish my degree and Myriad helped pay for that and they have a great 401k plan.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of all the training opportunities Myriad offers. Even if you think you don't need it, I always learn something. Communication is key with a company going through so much change. Go to the townhalls and the seminars, to keep on top of things.

Myriad Genetics2017-10-03

"Good and Bad"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Good People, Fun and regular company activities, great benefits

Cons

Pay could be better, difficult to progress through ranks

Myriad Genetics2017-09-05

"Good Company, Great Mission"

Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Loved the mission of the company and how they help patients dealing with some serious issues. Great Benefits, flexible schedules

Cons

You only get to move up in the company if you are one of the "in" group. Not sure they promote the most qualified people, especially on the marketing side. It's about who you know, not what you know.

Advice to Management

Stop overworking employees. Recognize their skills and help them flourish. Stop playing favorites

Myriad Genetics2017-06-26
  8. "Good Starting Position"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics

Pros

Great Benefits Good working environment Nice schedule

Cons

Bureaucratic/political set up Hard to move from department to department Not a lot of room for growth for college graduate employees

Advice to Management

Make sure all voice are not only "heard" but validated and take constructive criticism on how to make this company better. Middle management is the worst at truly taking to heart what needs to be changed.

Myriad Genetics2017-03-15
  9. "Anonymous"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Amazing company to work for. Great benefits and they want to see their employees grow in their career paths. Great management.

Cons

Pay could be a little better. They are hiring external candidates with minor experience what almost the same wage as candidates with a lot more experience.

Advice to Management

Work on wages to reflect correctly depending on years of experience. Employees talk about their wage, even if it is frowned upon, so there is no hiding of those details.

Myriad Genetics2017-01-08

Myriad Genetics Response

January 17, 2017EVP HR

We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience at Myriad. We consider education and years of experience when we set pay here at Myriad. These are two important factors as we look at our internal pay and we also consider the external competitive factors of pay.

"Good place to get your start, but then leave if you are a woman!"

Former Employee - Other in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The mission of the company keeps people there even when their compensation should drive them out of the company. That speaks a lot about the mission. Workers believe in the life saving mission of the company, and in the quality of the work being done. Great benefits.

Cons

It is unclear whether or not upper management believes in the mission of the company as much as the regular every day worker. I know at the end of the day it is all business, but it is disheartening when leadership clearly have the almighty dollar in mind, and all the lower level employees are trying to figure out how to best serve the patient in spite of upper management. Upper management does not reflect the... demographics of the rest of the company. Too few women are in upper management.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO and REWARD your LOWER LEVEL EMPLOYEES ! Your lower level employees have a lot of meaningful opinions and ideas and know what is going on with the customer base and with operations more than upper management in most cases. Get down in the trenches. Don't trust the filtered assessments given only in the board room. And what is up with the boys club in upper management?! For a company mostly built on... women's health, why such paltry representation of women in upper management? The few women there are in upper management seem to be tasked to do the majority of the company's internal dirty work. Clearly those few women in leadership are being forced to toe the line so as to be accepted by the male execs. I imagine those women have worked too hard to jeopardize their positions by pushing back too hard. Heck, it took them 20+ years to get to their higher level positions when it took most of the men half that time. I highly recommend to management that they bring in an external management consultant group to assess the apparent misogyny in upper management and promotion pathways.

Myriad Genetics2016-11-18