Myriad Genetics "no one" Reviews | Glassdoor

Myriad Genetics Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Underpaid"

Current Employee - Medical Science Liaison in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Colleagues are great. Products are interesting.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. No one stays longer than a year.

Advice to Management

Increase compensation and reimbursement for travel to keep your employees.

Myriad Genetics2019-04-19

"Lots of empty praise for employees from management--not much else unless your in senior management"

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location is nice for walking during lunch. For someone looking for a company where you can 'coast', this might not be a bad choice. For a highly motivated person, this environment might be pretty frustrating.

Cons

I have worked in the biomedical research field for more than 20 years, and various companies both as regular employee and contractor. I have never felt less valued at a company than I did at Myriad (despite rah-rah emails from CEO that felt pretty disingenuous to me). I felt like the executives valued loyalty over competency. Some supervisors had very little experience in the areas of their oversight--but were... extremely loyal to the CEO and seemed to be rewarded for loyalty. Was a pretty bizarre place to work. Difficult to get to know coworkers. A lot of "team building" activities, but no one in my department dared talk with each other during the work day. Felt like a lot of infighting across the different units in the company. Never sure what I was "allowed" to say to colleagues in other departments. Departments' goals didn't seem to be very well aligned, so it always felt like the different groups were all rowing in different directions.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize competency over loyalty.

Myriad Genetics2018-03-02

"Good benefits & pay, terrible management"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They gave recently cut back on benefits, bonuses but they are will good.

Cons

Constantly understaffed. I'm all for "lean management but too much mandatory OT, etc. Departments are like their own businesses -- no one communicates with each other. Demoralizing place.

Myriad Genetics2017-06-25
  4. "It's ok"

Current Employee - Lab Technician III in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I get a lot of PTO. I get paid well for the amount of work I have to do, but most of the time I don't do a lot of work.

Cons

See pros. No one seems to care about us even though the lab makes the rest of the company function. The company grew quickly and there was a lot of internal hiring of unqualified people. Out of the managers that I know, very few do an acceptable job. A lot of good employees come and go, and some bad ones seem to stick around.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with the people at the bottom. You really need better middle management. Motivate good employees to stay with the company.

Myriad Genetics2016-11-21

"Set you up for failure and lots of yawning"

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

There are smart people work here

Cons

No one cares to bring you up to speed, eventually setting you up for failure. It's impossible to take initiative in anything because there is no creativity here. Management goes through the motions, but could care less about you as a person. Everything feels so shallow and unimportant. Feels like everyone hates their job.

Advice to Management

Don't set people up for failure who would have otherwise been great assets. Get to know your employees more. Seem like you are happy to be here.

Myriad Genetics2014-05-22

"Headed on a downward spiral."

Current Employee - Patient Service Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I agree with the below comment; the view of the mountains.

Cons

-Bureaucratic structure with layers of management - from regional managers to department managers down to team supervisors. This, along with mandates for compliance, takes precedence over doing the right thing. It discourages change and cripples improvement. You may ask "Why do we do it this way?" The answer is often, "We've always done it this way." Forget creativity. Forget talent. Forget improvement.... -Micromanagement is crazy and is implemented with a command and control leadership style. Employees are treated like numbers. No one cares if you fall off the face of the earth. You're replaceable. We don't need you. -Bonuses and rewards are given equally to everyone. And tenure precedes performance. Just another way to promote mediocrity and high turnover. -Because management is so stuck in the past and resistant to changes, lots of processes (basically anything done on the phone or computer) is outdated. This is 2013, not 1992!!

Advice to Management

Tenure Suppresses Talent: Just because “Employee A” has performed a task longer than “Employee B” doesn’t necessarily mean that “A” is more skilled than “B.” Furthermore, just because “A” has been with the company longer than “B”, doesn’t necessarily mean that “A” possesses more talent, upside, knowledge, or adds more value than “B.” When an organization promotes based upon tenure, and not based upon recognition... of talent, merit, performance, etc., the company is not leveraging its true talent base. Not recognizing, developing, and rewarding talent is the fastest way I know of to drive talent out of your organization and directly into the hands of your competition.

Myriad Genetics2013-12-14