Myriad Genetics "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Myriad Genetics Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 19, 2019

3.7
Myriad Genetics CEO Mark C. Capone
Mark C. Capone
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Unhealthy culture, favoritism, ego, and unwillingness to change with the market"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Used to be a good place to work 5 years ago. All has changed and it now feels like a different company.....in a bad way.

Cons

This company is a ghost of its former self. The past year, the culture has deteriorated. Goals have been purposefully high, reps can't see their own territory data, and rankings, President's Club and commission was awarded with data upper management admitted was inaccurate. There is no trust here. There is a big ego problem that comes from the top down. The attitude to employees and customers is "you are so... lucky to work with us." There is no concern for the individual, and I no longer feel valued as an employee. They do not reward their best reps, which is why so many are leaving. There is a huge disconnect between corporate and the field, and between corporate and the customers. They refuse to change with the evolving industry, and competition is eating away at the business. I do not recommend working here any longer. At least not unless serious changes are made that make hard working reps feel appreciated and compensated.

Advice to Management

Listen to your reps in the field. We are the boots on the ground and have really good ideas based on what we see and hear from our customers. Invest in your talent. Make your employees feel appreciated and valued. If you don't reward good people, you will lose them all. Stop the shadiness with numbers, data, goals, payouts, etc; be honest and transparent with how people are being paid.

Myriad Genetics2019-06-13

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My Direct manager is wonderful to work for!

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with the field.

Myriad Genetics2019-06-05
  3. "Good place to start"

I worked at Myriad Genetics part-time

Pros

flexible work schedule, cool people

Cons

Upper management micro manages everything

Myriad Genetics2019-04-26

"Upper management doesn’t want to hear suggestions for change. Overall good company, product and good people."

I worked at Myriad Genetics

Pros

The product was best in class, passionate about what I was selling,

Cons

Upper management didn’t really want to hear what customers where saying about lots of faxes for customers and not willing to address needs.

Myriad Genetics2019-01-03

"Customer Care Specialist"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits - Healthcare, 401K fully vested 1st day

Cons

Myriad had gone down hill since the time I stated six years ago. They are in a very reactive knee jerk place. Communication between different groups is almost non-exsistant making any process difficult. A lot of upper management has been there for 20+ years which doesn’t lend itself to much new or inventive thinking. They could use some fresh blood.

Myriad Genetics2018-08-27

"Laboratory Technician"

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere. Great benefits.

Cons

Lack of job opportunities. Poor decisions from upper management.

Myriad Genetics2018-01-06

"Company invests in you if you invest in them."

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay for a entry level position.

Cons

It does take a good amount of investing to build trust with upper management - which is understandable. They have a high turn-over rate.

Myriad Genetics2017-10-13

"A Poorly Concealed Iceberg Collision"

Former Employee - Calibration Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a certain camaraderie in being treated as small, replaceable cogs in a machine with a history rich in questionable ethics. The schedule can be nice if you are willing to get paid less than full time and less than competitive market wages. Benefits have been in steady decline and the supposed forecast from the ivory tower is grim.

Cons

Middle management is too engaged in political theater to effectively do their job. Data itself is politicized and treated as hostages for brownie points with the boss. Upper management literally refer to technicians as "head's", as in: "We need to chop more heads this quarter". The production side of the company is systemically underpaid compared to both state and national averages. The ensuing environment is... incredibly toxic and highly prone to political behavior that is appallingly counterproductive.

Advice to Management

Your shortsighted business practices are unsustainable in the long term. The free market can and will catch up to the seventeen year unconstitutional head start on genetic data you bought yourself through aggressive litigation; Myriad has been anything but a lean operation.

Myriad Genetics2017-09-27

"Customer Care Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Care Account Services Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, good insurance benefits, employee stock and bonus structure is a pluis

Cons

Poor leadership by upper management, unreasonable expectations for personal workload and management doesn't listen to employee feedback for process improvement. Hard to be promoted on move up internally. No career tracks.

Advice to Management

Add career tracks for people with degrees that don't want to be in a management position. Find ways to break up the communication silos.

Myriad Genetics2017-08-15

Myriad Genetics Response

August 18, 2017EVP HR

Thank you for sharing your recent post. You may not be aware but we are doing some great work around career paths within Customer Service. In addition to this work, we create opportunities for individuals to be part of projects and new hire mentoring so employees have the opportunity to develop and use their skills outside of their day-to-day work. many of the people who are promoted or move to other positions are people who volunteer, or are invited to be part of these groups and or projects. We have recently had several people promoted to the Access team, clinical research, clinical data and supervisory roles. We try to create an environment that offers many opportunities to those that are willing to pursue.

"Working here isn't terrible, but it isn't outstanding either"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Myriad Genetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Colleagues are great to work with. Most supervisors will bend over backwards to assist and accommodate your needs.

Cons

Upper management seems take take credit for ideas that wasn't there's. Then blame lower management such as supervisors for their own faulty ideas. HR also seems to be a lot less approachable.

Advice to Management

Sending out generic accolade emails are cheap. Why not get out to see the people who make Myriad great than request them to "meet and greet" you?

Myriad Genetics2017-06-29

Myriad Genetics Response

July 31, 2017EVP HR

Thank you for your recent post. It looks like you have been with myriad for some time. We do feel we have a very strong culture and perform as a united team. Every employee is important to us - we do have a strong open door policy. Please reach out to HR if you do have any concerns, we are more than happy to assist you.

Found 221 reviews